Saad Riazuddin

The Documents "Should" Include the Following?

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I apologize if this question has already been asked, just a little confused as this is my first time trying to understand this section of the Instructions for i-175:

It says in the instructions:

image.thumb.png.f24df6408f20acbac7010d982dfee8f2.png

The word should include is really throwing me off, it seems like they are saying that there should be at least 1 document from the 5 points listed below (aside from number 1 which specifies "if any"), but not limited to (meaning there could be other documents besides the 4-5 but those at least should be included)? At least that's how I am interpreting, can someone confirm based on experience filing before?

Firstly, for point number 2, me and my spouse do not own a house or jointly live at an apartment or the like. We live together at our parents house, so I'm not sure what kind of evidence we could use to support that (aside from mail and other things we receive addressed to either one of us, but not necessarily both).

Secondly, for number 5, again same question, must I provide an affidavit of support?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

For 

(2) your parents should sign and date  a statement attesting that  your spouse and you live with them currently, where that is, and  also when you started  living with them as a married couple.  

(5) I believe VJ consensus is no. Our lawyer disagrees, and further said the affidavits should be from friends who are US citizens.  I wrote affidavits for two friends and had them sign and date them.  

Also, since you live with your parents, it might be a good idea to include an affidavit from a neighbor stating that they know you and that you both live at the same address, if possible.  Two birds with one stone.

4 hours ago, Rafagus said:

Also, since you live with your parents, it might be a good idea to include an affidavit from a neighbor stating that they know you and that you both live at the same address, if possible.  Two birds with one stone.

I mean, you'll have an affidavit and proof of residence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

They use the same language a lot of bureaucratic people use back in my country :)

The "should" part is means some of the stuff they expect to see and they state some of the most common ones.

For the affidavits I went with the advice from Jim Hacking lawyer. Good to have if lacking stronger evidence but not a must have.

But since you already live with the parents these can serve as extra proof of cohabitation and they shouldn't be a hassle to get to prove point 2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.