Cherie123

Expedite at NVC stage/ rejectedI-864 co-sponsor/ resubmitted

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On December 8th we heard from NVC saying  co-sponsor’s form was rejected. Further information said that “all pages must be submitted even if blank.”  Our lawyer said all pages were submitted correctly and it is the fault of NVC’s antiquated system that sometimes doesn’t accept all pages.  Lawyer resubmitted our cosponsor form that day, but we haven’t heard anything back from NVC to say this submittal was accepted.

Also petitioner did not file taxes 2020. Lawyer said no problem and no need to explain to NVC why he didn’t file. Son thought he should write explanation, but lawyer assured him he didn’t need to. Well, NVC notified petitioner that he needs to submit explanation so that was done immediately and submitted the next day. Again we haven’t heard anything back from NVC about the resubmitted form or the tax explanation or whether it is accepted or not.
    Then on December 16th a message from the state department to our congresswomen (who is helping us expedite for medical reasons and who asked that the application skip the review process and go straight to the IV unit) said  the  petition for wife’s spousal visa was transferred directly to the US embassy in Tbilisi. We thought maybe this was good news, but as of January 9th We have not heard anything from the US embassy as to whether or not the expedite has been approved or whether we will have an interview soon. We have no response to the re-submitted cosponsor form or the petitioner’s explanation for not filing taxes last year.

First,  has anyone else had a form Rejected for not all pages going through? Could it really be the fault of NVC’s antiquated system as our lawyer said? 

Secondly, does anyone have any idea why the petition got transferred to embassy, but no mention of acceptance of cosponsor form ?  And no mention of approving or denying expedite? 

Any advice , suggestions, or insight from members here is appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cherie123 said:

Also petitioner did not file taxes 2020. Lawyer said no problem and no need to explain to NVC why he didn’t file. Son thought he should write explanation, but lawyer assured him he didn’t need to

1.  Yes, they have to receive all pages.

2.  The petitioner MUST either file for the 3 most recent tax years OR explain why he/she wasn't REQUIRED to file taxes for any of those last 3 years.  The lawyer needs to read the I-864 instructions.

3.  The Consulate is the sole approval authority for visas and evidence.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

1.  Yes, they have to receive all pages.

2.  The petitioner MUST either file for the 3 most recent tax years OR explain why he/she wasn't REQUIRED to file taxes for any of those last 3 years.  The lawyer needs to read the I-864 instructions.

3.  The Consulate is the sole approval authority for visas and evidence.

Correct, and the only acceptable reason for not filing the tax return is that income was below the filing threshold.  This happens often in situations where all the income is from non-taxable sources, like veterans benefits and Social Security etc.  If that is the reason, there's a box on the form to check.  No further explanation is required, provided the evidence of current income is provided.  That would be benefit declaration letters for non-taxable sources.  Did that box get checked or is the non filing for another reason?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
28 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Correct, and the only acceptable reason for not filing the tax return is that income was below the filing threshold.  This

29 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Correct, and the only acceptable reason for not filing the tax return is that income was below the filing threshold.  This happens often in situations where all the income is from non-taxable sources, like veterans benefits and Social Security etc.  If that is the reason, there's a box on the form to check.  No further explanation is required, provided the evidence of current income is provided.  That would be benefit declaration letters for non-taxable sources.  Did that box get checked or is the non filing for another reason?

happens often in situations where all the income is from non-taxable sources, like veterans benefits and Social Security etc.  If that is the reason, there's a box on the form to check.  No further explanation is required, provided the evidence of current income is provided.  That would be benefit declaration letters for non-taxable sources.  Did that box get checked or is the non filing for another reason?

my son did not file taxes because his accountant said he did not make enough money that year. He was living abroad with his wife and finished his PhD remotely, living off of savings from the previous years . We have not been too happy with this lawyer. Sloppy and doing the bare minimum.  I have no idea  about what boxes were checked.

Timeline

Thank you Crazy cat and PushBrk .  So if the consulate is the final authority for visas and evidence , the fact that we haven’t heard any response other than the petition is at the US embassy in Tbilisi, then we don’t know yet if the expedite is approved or denied yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cherie123 said:

Thank you Crazy cat and PushBrk .  So if the consulate is the final authority for visas and evidence , the fact that we haven’t heard any response other than the petition is at the US embassy in Tbilisi, then we don’t know yet if the expedite is approved or denied yet?

If it was actually sent to the consulate, it then it is being expedited.  Contact the consulate to determine if you have to schedule your own interview.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cherie123 said:

If it skipped any of the NVC process to go directly to the Consulate, then it was expedited.  You should be hearing about the interview date soon.  This is something your Congressman can check on for you too.  

I take it your son's "current income" is from employment and clearly sufficient to qualify.  Is that right?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
37 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

take it your son's "current income" is from employment and clearly sufficient to qualify.  Is that right?

His father is the co-sponsor because he only had sufficient salary from two, not 3 years. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cherie123 said:

His father is the co-sponsor because he only had sufficient salary from two, not 3 years. 

I guess I'm confused about the relationships between all the people you mention.  Why is a "son" mentioned?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 1/9/2022 at 7:38 PM, Cherie123 said:

His father is the co-sponsor because he only had sufficient salary from two, not 3 years

Yes, that is why.

Timeline
On 1/9/2022 at 8:49 PM, pushbrk said:

guess I'm confused about the relationships between all the people you mention.  Why is a "son" mentioned

I am the mother trying to find answers to help my son and daughter-in-law. 

Timeline

So my son just received notice today from the State Department through his congresswoman: State dept has denied his expedite:

Thank you for your patience; per correspondence from your office, the National Visa Center (NVC) forwarded an expedite request to the U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi, Georgia. Unfortunately, they cannot prioritize this immigrant visa petition for expeditious processing.  In the interest of fairness to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that cases complete the documentation process with NVC.

We sent notification requesting corrections to the financial documentation for this case on December 08, 2021.  The following needs to be submitted through the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC): 

Taxes - Please upload and submit Andrew's most recent Wage and Income IRS tax transcript from 2020. A transcript can be obtained on the IRS's website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.

—I-864 Missing Pages - All pages of the I-864 must be submitted even if they are blank. Please replace this form with a new Form I-864 all the pages included by visiting https://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

WHAT IS GOING ON?.???!!!!

We are at a loss for words because…

as I already said in this post 

I 864 was rejected  on 12/8/21 for supposedly not having all pages submitted,  but then

my son’s lawyer resubmitted the I-864 later that day and on the CEAC website he got notice that the I-864 was accepted on o/13/2021 !

Lawyer submitted explanation for why no taxes filed in 2020 and on CEAC site it says Explanation for not filing taxes December 9, 2021 submitted.

My son, Andrew , has emailed NVC several times Over the past month to see if the Explanation for not filing taxes has been accepted yet. He never received a reply.

Now NVC is saying they are rejecting expedite because he is not DQed !!  ….yet their own site says I- 864 is accepted and Explanation for not filing taxes has been submitted  a month ago.

Are the forms lost? What is going on?

PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO NEXT? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cherie123 said:

So my son just received notice today from the State Department through his congresswoman: State dept has denied his expedite:

Thank you for your patience; per correspondence from your office, the National Visa Center (NVC) forwarded an expedite request to the U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi, Georgia. Unfortunately, they cannot prioritize this immigrant visa petition for expeditious processing.  In the interest of fairness to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that cases complete the documentation process with NVC.

We sent notification requesting corrections to the financial documentation for this case on December 08, 2021.  The following needs to be submitted through the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC): 

Taxes - Please upload and submit Andrew's most recent Wage and Income IRS tax transcript from 2020. A transcript can be obtained on the IRS's website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.

—I-864 Missing Pages - All pages of the I-864 must be submitted even if they are blank. Please replace this form with a new Form I-864 all the pages included by visiting https://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

I 864 was rejected  on 12/8/21 for supposedly not having all pages submitted,  but then

my son’s lawyer resubmitted the I-864 later that day and on the CEAC website he got notice that the I-864 was accepted on o/13/2021 !

Lawyer submitted explanation for why no taxes filed in 2020 and on CEAC site it says Explanation for not filing taxes December 9, 2021 submitted.

My son, Andrew , has emailed NVC several times Over the past month to see if the Explanation for not filing taxes has been accepted yet. He never received a reply.

Now NVC is saying they are rejecting expedite because he is not DQed !!  ….yet their own site says I- 864 is accepted and Explanation for not filing taxes has been submitted  a month ago.

You wait for NVC to review your documents, just like everybody else.  But, this is NOT why your expedite was denied.  They don't say why.  They just say this.

Unfortunately, they cannot prioritize this immigrant visa petition for expeditious processing.  In the interest of fairness to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that cases complete the documentation process with NVC.

Your daughter in law will be in queue when they've completed their review and accepted your submissions.

What is the reason for not filing the tax return for 2020?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 11:47 PM, Cherie123 said:

We are stuck in the same situation. Our I-864EZ was rejected stating the blank page was missing. But we did upload all the pages, bit it is rejected. We resubmitted the form today. I am so frustrated. Isn't there anything we can do about this?! Rejected because of a missing blank page. So disheartening.

• 8 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 5:58 PM, Cherie123 said:

On December 8th we heard from NVC saying  co-sponsor’s form was rejected. Further information said that “all pages must be submitted even if blank.”  Our lawyer said all pages were submitted correctly and it is the fault of NVC’s antiquated system that sometimes doesn’t accept all pages.  Lawyer resubmitted our cosponsor form that day, but we haven’t heard anything back from NVC to say this submittal was accepted.

Also petitioner did not file taxes 2020. Lawyer said no problem and no need to explain to NVC why he didn’t file. Son thought he should write explanation, but lawyer assured him he didn’t need to. Well, NVC notified petitioner that he needs to submit explanation so that was done immediately and submitted the next day. Again we haven’t heard anything back from NVC about the resubmitted form or the tax explanation or whether it is accepted or not.
    Then on December 16th a message from the state department to our congresswomen (who is helping us expedite for medical reasons and who asked that the application skip the review process and go straight to the IV unit) said  the  petition for wife’s spousal visa was transferred directly to the US embassy in Tbilisi. We thought maybe this was good news, but as of January 9th We have not heard anything from the US embassy as to whether or not the expedite has been approved or whether we will have an interview soon. We have no response to the re-submitted cosponsor form or the petitioner’s explanation for not filing taxes last year.

First,  has anyone else had a form Rejected for not all pages going through? Could it really be the fault of NVC’s antiquated system as our lawyer said? 

Secondly, does anyone have any idea why the petition got transferred to embassy, but no mention of acceptance of cosponsor form ?  And no mention of approving or denying expedite? 

Any advice , suggestions, or insight from members here is appreciated.

Where you able to fix the situation? and once you got documentarily qualified how long it took to receive the appointment letter from Tbilisi Embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.