NoMansLand2020

Case in transit

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Once CEAC status is READY:   Complete the online DS-160, print out the confirmation page, pay the visa fee, schedule the interview, schedule the medical.    Lastly, once the visa has been issued and is in hand get the CFO certificate  

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#9

https://slec.ph/registration/us/visa-applicant.php?s=required-documents#required-documents

With Manila back in serious lockdown everything could be delayed.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Once CEAC status is READY:   Complete the online DS-160, print out the confirmation page, pay the visa fee, schedule the interview, schedule the medical.    Lastly, once the visa has been issued and is in hand get the CFO certificate  

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#9

https://slec.ph/registration/us/visa-applicant.php?s=required-documents#required-documents

With Manila back in serious lockdown everything could be delayed.

Hank, is the info on your website still valid for the most part? 

We already filled out the DS-160 and paid fees in 2020.  

My fiancée has two children that will follow on k2. Is it still possible to do medical and interviews during same week?  They will be traveling to Manila from Mindanao and it would be easier to only have to go once.   

I know from what I've read, that the medical is typically a two day process. I believe slec has limited hours and only open from Tuesday to Friday. Interviews are only being conducted on Thursdays. If medical was on Tuesday and Wednesday would that be sufficient time to have interview on Thursday? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

My fiancée has two children that will follow on k2. Is it still possible to do medical and interviews during same week?  They will be traveling to Manila from Mindanao and it would be easier to only have to go once.   

I know from what I've read, that the medical is typically a two day process. I believe slec has limited hours and only open from Tuesday to Friday. Interviews are only being conducted on Thursdays. If medical was on Tuesday and Wednesday would that be sufficient time to have interview on Thursday? 

Do not schedule the medicial until you have a confirmed appointment. They are only vaild for 6 months.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Do not schedule the medicial until you have a confirmed appointment. They are only vaild for 6 months.

I'm not going to do that. But I want to be able to schedule medical and interviews around the same time frame so they don't have to make two expensive trips to Manila. I don't know how many days in between medical and interviews we need. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Yes. 

Thank you. I feel disheartened because our NOA2 is April 2020 which  is ahead of everyone who said theirs are in transit. 

Why did they skip us?😔

Timeline
7 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

For the most part .. yes.    Covid has put a kink in things and I have not tried to adjust the site for that as it changes so often.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I'm not going to do that. But I want to be able to schedule medical and interviews around the same time frame so they don't have to make two expensive trips to Manila. I don't know how many days in between medical and interviews we need. 

24 hrs between the medical and interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 1/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, ClioNicole said:

Thank you. I feel disheartened because our NOA2 is April 2020 which  is ahead of everyone who said theirs are in transit. 

Why did they skip us?😔

NOA2 was September 15, 2020 and still waiting. Dont know what's going on 😪

SLEC fees increased Jan 4. 

New US medical fees will be implemented on January 4, 2022:

Adults (ages 15 and above) - Php 16,225.00
Children (ages 14 and below) - Php 10,835.00

don’t forget the negative Covid test required by them as well. there’s a note on their page that the on site testing offered won’t give results in time. Suggest to test early or elsewhere if coming to SLEC. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, jskibo said:

SLEC fees increased Jan 4. 

New US medical fees will be implemented on January 4, 2022:

Adults (ages 15 and above) - Php 16,225.00
Children (ages 14 and below) - Php 10,835.00

don’t forget the negative Covid test required by them as well. there’s a note on their page that the on site testing offered won’t give results in time. Suggest to test early or elsewhere if coming to SLEC. 

Make sure it's correct Covid test. Must be RT-PCR, not saliva. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.