DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I-129f mailed with UPS on 12/8/2021 overnight

uscis Texas received 12/9/2021

check cashed 12/14/2021

letter with case number received 12/18/2022

fyi: filed i129f in 2020 and it was denied since I had no photos (for some reason I had no photos at all with him yet we studied preschool and elementary together, -I wish Uscis knew that some people have no photos together especially Africa or 3rd world countries, we never had phones while growing up. Anyway it was resolved) they requested evidence but sent in letters from friends, family etc and it was denied. Resubmitted again for same person with 50 photos that I took when I went for the trip and thus ended up getting pregnant and my baby girl is 7 months on Monday Jan 23rd 2023.  It’s been hard but am happy my mum and bro are helping me. Been off work ever since she was born, resigned from my previous job since they couldn’t add me more months after the 3 months FMLA. Will start a new job in late February. God willing my fiancé comes quickly but at this moment it’s a waiting game as everyone. Good luck to everyone. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now that it looks like December cases will start opening this week (or maybe next), I will start posting on Tues and Friday updates.

The burndown graph will be based on Friday from the week before (so be sure to pay attention to the date).

Will also post the December case graphic (in December Groups) once activity starts.
As for Dec Case Activity: 5 "Termination Notices" Sent (K3 Visas), one "Withdrawal", and one "Expedite Denied".

Hopefully they start into us by Friday and ramp up quickly.

So far (Friday to Tuesday) 82 unopened cases started

Week    Was:    Now:    Delta:    Approved:    Denied:    RFE:
10/01    100       91          9                 1               0              8
10/08    106      102         4                 3               0              1
10/15    240      215        25               4                0             17
10/22    211      188        23              13               0              9
10/29    449      393       56               42               0             13
11/05    555      473       82               50               1             30
11/12    567      495       72               60               0             10
11/19    653      608       45               42               0              3
11/26    591      580       11               10               0              1
12/03    561      561        0                  0                0              0
12/10    710      706        4                  0                0              0
      (4 Termination Notices)
12/17    751      749        2                  0                0              0
      (1 Termination Notice / 1 Withdrawl)
12/24    769      769        0                  0                0              0
12/31    542      542        0                  0                0              0

History_2023_01_24.jpg

Timeline

Question for the group.

As we are so close, I plan on 2 days a week for December details (how many approvals/RFEs/etc.)  - That plan is clear.

This Burndown chart (previous post above) has been very helpful at least to me to get some sense as to when this may actually start.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION(s).

If I am posting Dec Details on Tues and Friday,
   1) Should I also post a burn down chart around the same time?
   2) Should I the burn down chart only on Friday (for the week)?
   3) If I post twice a week should the data show: 
        a) Friday - Tuesday & Tuesday - Friday (shows progress from last update)
        b) Friday - Tuesday & Friday - Friday  (shows early week and final week progress)
        c) Tuesday - Tuesday & Friday - Friday (leas favorite as data has overlaps)

All of this is as much to help you guys plan as it is for me so I appreciate your thoughts.

13 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Question for the group.

As we are so close, I plan on 2 days a week for December details (how many approvals/RFEs/etc.)  - That plan is clear.

This Burndown chart (previous post above) has been very helpful at least to me to get some sense as to when this may actually start.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION(s).

b) Friday - Tuesday & Friday - Friday  (shows early week and final week progress)

All of this is as much to help you guys plan as it is for me so I appreciate your thoughts.

1 yes ( until otherwise go for what you feel )

3 B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Question for the group.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION(s).

Thank you for doing this! 🙏🏽🙏🏽 

1 + 3b please. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Question for the group.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION(s).

Personally I like the Friday to Friday data. So my choice is option B

Timeline

Thanks all ... 1 and 3b it is.

want to appeal this decision? send me a message instead.

Again, value your input so if I can do better in some way, let me know with DM.

11 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:
We had a rare (seemingly random) K1 case get opened today (keep reading)
I should also tell you guys, I was posting my data to a Facebook Group for Dec 2021 K1 filers. 
Unfortunatly, it takes way too long to post data there, so I am leaving that group and posting only on VJ from now on.
If some of them come here (or you are in both) feel free to duplicate my data there (with credit please) and welcome any of them to here.

For my update,
A seemingly random December K1 filing (case) was just opened.
A bit of an anomaly though so don't read into this that USCIS started December, or especially in the middle of December.
I'm a DEC 15th but have not seen any early December opened yet.
So an anomaly for sure.
WAC22900289xx
December 13 2021 - Received
January 26 2023 - Request for Additional Evidence

Today around 30 cases were opened in each of the weeks ending 10/29, 11/05, 11/12, 11/19
8 more cases were approved for Nov 22,2021
Nothing much else to report (more term notices, withdrawls, etc).

We are very, very close ... 
Would not be suprised that we see Dec starting by the end of this week or next week.

There is quite an observable pattern that USCIS starts new months when the previous month is around 1,100-1,200 unopened cases (they did this for Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov for sure). As there are still roughly 2,500 unopened for November, I would not expect any significant changes for another 25 business days (i.e. five weeks following an opening rate of 250 cases per week for November alone). This means that December cases would be opened at a processing time of roughly 15 months. I hope that this makes sense and would like to express that this solely my observation by regularly scanning through the forum without any own script.

55 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

There is quite an observable pattern that USCIS starts new months when the previous month is around 1,100-1,200 unopened cases (they did this for Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov for sure). As there are still roughly 2,500 unopened for November, I would not expect any significant changes for another 25 business days (i.e. five weeks following an opening rate of 250 cases per week for November alone). This means that December cases would be opened at a processing time of roughly 15 months. I hope that this makes sense and would like to express that this solely my observation by regularly scanning through the forum without any own script.

From what I observe is that, I see a lot of people getting approve 2 months for the most part after their 1st year ( 365 days of waiting) that's a pattern that i see that by just watching other people getting approve (Sept, Oct, Nov )

But what i don't get is that i see some people getting approve and others are not getting approve and they are in the same range.. ( if that makes any sense..cause it don't I guess) Trying to figure the mindset of those who control things at USCIS You would have a better chance of winning the lottery. Scanning helps.. crunching numbers helps.. but the fact remain.. nobody really knows for sure.. jmo

Edited by Gary Rich

7 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

From what I observe is that, I see a lot of people getting approve 2 months for the most part after their 1st year ( 365 days of waiting) that's a pattern that i see that by just watching other people getting approve (Sept, Oct, Nov )

But what i don't get is that i see some people getting approve and others are not getting approve and they are in the same range.. ( if that makes any sense..cause it don't I guess) Trying to figure the mindset of those who control things at USCIS You would have a better chance of winning the lottery. Scanning helps.. crunching numbers helps.. but the fact remain.. nobody really knows for sure.. jmo

I assume that the USCIS does quite some filtering as to what they perceive as straightforward cases (for the most part European beneficiaries and petitioners without criminal history and no previous marriages on either side) and more complicated cases (countries with historically high risk of immigration fraud etc.) but again, this is just my assumption and opinion.

As you mention, nobody really knows why these 200 cases in August for instance "deserve" this treatment.

3 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

I assume that the USCIS does quite some filtering as to what they perceive as straightforward cases (for the most part European beneficiaries and petitioners without criminal history and no previous marriages on either side) and more complicated cases (countries with historically high risk of immigration fraud etc.) but again, this is just my assumption and opinion.

As you mention, nobody really knows why these 200 cases in August for instance "deserve" this treatment.

You are correct about case's remaining in Aug.. I mean a person would have to really know someone who work in the office to be able to explain.. otherwise it's a guessing game

Timeline
9 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

You are correct about case's remaining in Aug.. I mean a person would have to really know someone who work in the office to be able to explain.. otherwise it's a guessing game

yup ... guessing for sure ...

If I had to wager a guess, would be making sure the "case average time" doesn't creep up much more ... better to strand cases and plow forward.

Funny thing, was a rising star (posting) star in the FB group ... now booted from it entirely

23 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Funny thing, was a rising star (posting) star in the FB group ... now booted from it entirely

How come they booted you? Do they have a distaste for insightful analytics lol

I'm cautiously excited about December processing approaching. We just sent USCIS supplementary 'evidence' this week to replace a blurry passport photo from our original application. Still kind of nervous about potential RFEs, even though we were quite thorough in every other regard. I've read that some people have been getting RFEs for a lack of 'proof of engagement' and/or exact wedding plans (?) which seems odd and worrying. Our package included two notarized testimonials of our relationship and engagement from friends and family and a receipt for my engagement ring (it's explicitly listed as that) – as well as two signed letters of our intent to marry within 90 days of my arrival, of course. Do you think we should be in the clear with that for this specific potential scenario?

Edited by Pangoleen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/26/2023 at 8:36 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

yup ... guessing for sure ...

If I had to wager a guess, would be making sure the "case average time" doesn't creep up much more ... better to strand cases and plow forward.

I saw that as well. Pretty disappointing if you ask me. I'm an analytics guy, so I follow your data pretty closely, we're actually the same NOA1 date too. I was excited to see you posting the same data in that group that you do here, as my fiance can follow it that way as well. Facebook groups, even support groups, all find their way to being toxic eventually, and are only a means to an end for me, but apart from real data from guys like you, it's a lot of whining (no offense meant to anyone) about the processing times and emotional "support" if you can call it that. We're all in this boat together, for better or worse (no pun intended, lol) and REAL processing data is the only way to actually feel slightly better about the shituation we've found ourselves in. From 7 to 15.5 months processing times is an absolute joke, but we suffer the same, unfortunately. I guess everyone just does what they need to to bide their time and gather as much support, emotional or otherwise, as they can. Thank you for everything you've done to help me bide my time in my own way. 

Edited by dfederly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.