Dil & Malar

NOVEMBER 2021 I-130 Filers

370 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Icedgem said:

Hey I’m right here with you. I’m sitting here on my own 4500 miles away from my husband for the second year running. It’s crazy!!, I didn’t think this would span 2 holiday seasons . Hang in there, we have both been approved now so should toast to 2023 being reunited with our loved ones. 🤗

We haven't been approved yet... 🙈

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Azc1122 said:

I am sure you are out of processing as of now.. I hope you already put in a request..  better reach out to your congressman

49 minutes ago, Azc1122 said:

Oh wow, I’m so sorry to hear that. I agree you must be out of processing now and should put a request in or contact your local congressman. 

Hey fellow November 2021 filers, just wanted to let you know that we have been DQ'd from NVC after submitting our NVC docs on 11/23. So, all in all the NVC process took only 36 days! (and no RFEs!)

Our timeline:

NOA1: 11/15/21

NOA2: March 2022

I-30 Approved / NVC acct opened: 11/11/22

NVC docs submitted: 11/23/22

NVC approval: 12/29/22

Now we wait for the interview to be scheduled at the embassy here in Seoul, SK. Really hope to see us all get through soon! Good luck!

1 hour ago, AMH said:

Hey fellow November 2021 filers, just wanted to let you know that we have been DQ'd from NVC after submitting our NVC docs on 11/23. So, all in all the NVC process took only 36 days! (and no RFEs!)

Our timeline:

Now we wait for the interview to be scheduled at the embassy here in Seoul, SK. Really hope to see us all get through soon! Good luck!

Oh wow! Good to know it didn't take that long! We're still waiting for USCIS, we already sent a request amd tomorrow we'll try the congressman as you guys advised.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 12/29/2022 at 8:14 AM, Azc1122 said:

Oh wow! Good to know it didn't take that long! We're still waiting for USCIS, we already sent a request amd tomorrow we'll try the congressman as you guys advised.

We are also still waiting.   The e-service request is still telling me I am in regular processing times when we filed on Nov 2 2021.  When did it let you send the request? 

1 hour ago, lwheeler said:

We are also still waiting.   The e-service request is still telling me I am in regular processing times when we filed on Nov 2 2021.  When did it let you send the request? 

It said we could send an inquiry on the 29th but when we checked in the 28th, it said we can send inquiry already so we did. The next day we received NOA2 and approval was in one of the tabs. 

On 12/29/2022 at 11:35 AM, AMH said:

Our timeline:

When you received the approval for I-130, may I know when you received the welcome letter? Like how long you had to wait? We have to wait for it to create NVC account,  correct? 

55 minutes ago, Azc1122 said:

When you received the approval for I-130, may I know when you received the welcome letter? Like how long you had to wait? We have to wait for it to create NVC account,  correct? 

Yeah, I just checked my email and it looks like it was 3 days between the USCIS email (Subject: "We have taken action on your case") and the NVC email (Subject: Notice of Immigrant Case Creation). Then it took us about a week to get all our documents together and submitted. If you can get started on prepping your NVC docs ahead of time, it'll help speed up that part. Good luck!

11 minutes ago, AMH said:

Yeah, I just checked my email and it looks like it was 3 days between the USCIS email (Subject: "We have taken action on your case") and the NVC email (Subject: Notice of Immigrant Case Creation). Then it took us about a week to get all our documents together and submitted. If you can get started on prepping your NVC docs ahead of time, it'll help speed up that part. Good luck!

Sorry, one last if you don't mind... Who did they email, the applicant or the beneficiary? Appreciate the advise! Thanks you in advance! 

1 minute ago, Azc1122 said:

Sorry, one last if you don't mind... Who did they email, the applicant or the beneficiary? Appreciate the advise! Thanks you in advance! 

The USCIS just emailed me (the petitioner), but then the NVC emailed both me and my wife (the applicant) for the welcoming emails and the final approval (DQ) email. I assume they will also email both of us when they schedule the embassy interview, but we're still waiting for that.

5 hours ago, AMH said:

The USCIS just emailed me (the petitioner), but then the NVC emailed both me and my wife (the applicant) for the welcoming emails and the final approval (DQ) email. I assume they will also email both of us when they schedule the embassy interview, but we're still waiting for that.

Yes they will email both of you. That’s what the DQ email stats that they will email the petitioner and beneficiary both the interview letter

I know I am asking a question that is obvious, but.....

Do we really go to the BACK of the queue when additional documents are requested?

All of our docs are marked "accepted" but we were still asked for salary payments even though they are from Hong Kong (smh)  so we do not have DQ yet. 

I submitted the docs under "other" which is the only catagory that fit since they are not w2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, GordonSand said:

I know I am asking a question that is obvious, but.....

Do we really go to the BACK of the queue when additional documents are requested?

All of our docs are marked "accepted" but we were still asked for salary payments even though they are from Hong Kong (smh)  so we do not have DQ yet. 

I submitted the docs under "other" which is the only catagory that fit since they are not w2

Should’ve submitted under “proof of current employment” with explanation that it’s foreign income for the bots at NVC to get it.

Anyway, it’s incidental really. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t. If it’s the only thing keeping you from DQ, and you respond to the RFE by uploading these documents, then unfortunately more often than not you do have to go to the back of the queue. The good news is it’s only a 30 something day wait now.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Hey guys! Update, just received the USCIS email this morning that our case is being actively reviewed. Hoping to get that NVC email in the next few days and we will officially be on to the next stage. I’ll keep you all posted. We filed Nov 4, 2021 and processing center is Potomac. So things are moving. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.