Vamp.nz

Kiwis doing medicals in NZ k-1/k-2 visas

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey can anyone advise me the cost of recent medicals in nz with the Auckland doctors  versus Wellington doctors. I’ve been quoted a horrendous price in Wellington and I’m sure I’m being ripped off.  Anyone done a medical in the last few weeks??

Edited by Vamp.nz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The medical exam fee is typically the same across the medical professionals/facilities approved by the embassy.  The are contracted to perform specific tests and the cost varies by country to country based on medical costs (of the country).

For example, a normal checkup in Ukraine would cost $10-$30.  But the visa medical is about $210.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply Steve but I’m asking specifically about New Zealand and no they are not the same. I was quoted $800 per person in Wellington just for the medical no extras and $350 in Auckland per person. So a very different end price when you have three people going.

Hi @Vamp.nz - Checkout this thread. It's for Auckland but he breaks down the entire cost and it's quite comprehensive. It is from a few years back but don't think it would be that drastically different today...  My partner hasn't had his medical yet so can't confirm  from personal experience yet but I stumbled upon this and found it interesting. 

Timeline

I recently had a medical in Wellington, came to $820 for the physical, $175 for the xray, $38 for the bloods. The vaccines I needed I had to go to my doctor for a got some of them for free, the one I had to pay for was around $150. So $1183 in total.... quite expensive. I would say definitely go to Auckland if its cheaper and offers the same service, but if you're looking for convenience and want to save on travel that's how much it cost me. Hope that helps! :) 
-Kas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.