NOVEMBER 2021 I-129F K1 FILERS

260 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nikobe said:

From the FB group (scanned a couple of minutes ago):

Approved 17; RFE 4; RFE response 19; Withdrawn 1

Total Updates: 41

I think FB group is scanning different case number range compared to vj, so the number might differ as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
10 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

I think FB group is scanning different case number range compared to vj, so the number might differ as well.

Oh you should try to scan monday again bc i saw a lot of people had low numbers when they scanned but after a second time they had more. I know the scanner in january had that issue. But obviously you don’t need to do that ofc. Only if you want or have the time.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sou said:

Oh you should try to scan monday again bc i saw a lot of people had low numbers when they scanned but after a second time they had more. I know the scanner in january had that issue. But obviously you don’t need to do that ofc. Only if you want or have the time.

You are right!! hmm....maybe it's better to postpone my scanning time then, usually I do it at 5pm PST based on CSC working hour.

Here are the updated scan from yesterday:

2/27/23 Monday Updates:

25500: 1 Approval, 1 RFES (2 new / 0 in progress)

26000: 3 Approvals, 2 RFESs (5 new / 0 in progress)

26500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)

27500: 1 Approval, 2 RFESs (3 new / 0 in progress)

28000: 5 RFESs (5 new / 0 in progress)

29000: 1 RFES, 1 Withdrawal (2 new / 0 in progress)

31000: 1 Approval, 1 Withdrawal (2 new / 0 in progress)

31500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)

32500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

33500: 1 Other (Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration) (1 new / 0 in progress)

34000: 2 Approvals, 2 RFESs (4 new / 0 in progress)

34500: 1 Withdrawal (1 new / 0 in progress)

35500: 2 Approvals, 1 RFES (3 new / 0 in progress)

36000: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)

37 Total Updates: 18 Approvals, 15 RFESs, 3 Withdrawals, 1 Other (Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration)

Timeline

2/28/23 Tuesday Updates:

WOW.....great day for November group!!!

24500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (2 new / 0 in progress)

25000: 10 Approvals, 1 RFER (11 new / 0 in progress)

25500: 10 Approvals, 2 RFERs (12 new / 0 in progress)

26000: 17 Approvals, 3 RFESs, 3 RFERs (23 new / 0 in progress)

26500: 1 Approval, 3 RFERs (4 new / 0 in progress)

27000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

27500: 11 Approvals, 2 RFESs, 1 Withdrawal (14 new / 0 in progress)

28000: 7 Approvals, 2 RFESs (9 new / 0 in progress)

28500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)

29000: 2 RFERs (2 new / 0 in progress)

30500: 3 Approvals, 1 RFES, 1 RFER (5 new / 0 in progress)

31000: 7 Approvals (7 new / 0 in progress)

31500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)

32000: 8 Approvals, 1 RFES (9 new / 0 in progress)

32500: 5 Approvals (5 new / 0 in progress)

33000: 10 Approvals, 1 RFER (11 new / 0 in progress)

119 Total Updates: 94 Approvals, 10 RFESs, 14 RFERs, 1 Withdrawal

On 2/28/2023 at 3:31 AM, Mar u said:

NVC letter usually takes 2-3mos.

But you are allowed to email them if you haven’t received anything from NVC in 30 days.

You may contact NVC by email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. 

Thank you for this tip! I contacted NVC via their public inquiry form this past Friday; a few hours ago, they sent me my case number. However, I discovered I still need an "invoice ID" to be able to login to CEAC and do anything. Does anyone know how/when NVC sends their welcome letter? Is that physically in the mail or via email? I'm assuming I need the welcome letter to arrive to get the invoice ID, too...or should I send a public inquiry again? 

NOA1: Nov 1

NOA2: Jan 25

NVC Inquiry: Feb 24

Edit: As part of my inquiry, NVC discovered that USCIS also bungled my fiancé's birthdate, so NVC told me to send a passport scan to correct their documentation. USCIS continues to be mind-boggling bad at everything, even though we thought we finally escaped from them...Docs submitted today, fingers crossed this doesn't hold us up even more. 

Edited by selember

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, selember said:

Thank you for this tip! I contacted NVC via their public inquiry form this past Friday; a few hours ago, they sent me my case number. However, I discovered I still need an "invoice ID" to be able to login to CEAC and do anything. Does anyone know how/when NVC sends their welcome letter? Is that physically in the mail or via email? I'm assuming I need the welcome letter to arrive to get the invoice ID, too...or should I send a public inquiry again? 

Edit: As part of my inquiry, NVC discovered that USCIS also bungled my fiancé's birthdate, so NVC told me to send a passport scan to correct their documentation. USCIS continues to be mind-boggling bad at everything, even though we thought we finally escaped from them...Docs submitted today, fingers crossed this doesn't hold us up even more. 

Invoice number is not needed for creating ds160 for k1.

You can expedite if that will cause addl  delay since it’s considered NVC’s fault.

58 minutes ago, Mar u said:

Invoice number is not needed for creating ds160 for k1.

You can expedite if that will cause addl  delay since it’s considered NVC’s fault.

Oh wow--thank you! So I can submit DS-160 now that NVC has my case? And then just wait for them to put us into "in transit"? 

I've been trying to find a step-by-step guide that has specifics about DS-160 but most guides don't even mention it, let alone when to fill it out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, selember said:

Oh wow--thank you! So I can submit DS-160 now that NVC has my case? And then just wait for them to put us into "in transit"? 

I've been trying to find a step-by-step guide that has specifics about DS-160 but most guides don't even mention it, let alone when to fill it out. 

You may fill up the ds160 now and pay the fees when its already in “transit” status. However, dont try to schedule your medical and interview unless case  is on “ready” status. Medical has expiration and getting an interview schedule may take time. So you have to consider the timing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
7 hours ago, selember said:

Invoice ID is not needed. The letter NVC sends is called K1-FTP and will be emailed to the petitioner. NVC emails the letter when your case will be transferred to the beneficiary’s embassy. If you want you can ask NVC for your invoice ID but it’s not really needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Sou said:

Invoice ID is not needed. The letter NVC sends is called K1-FTP and will be emailed to the petitioner. NVC emails the letter when your case will be transferred to the beneficiary’s embassy. If you want you can ask NVC for your invoice ID but it’s not really needed.

Thanks for that. I'm still emailing them based on the recommendation per I-797. That's helpful information to know being in the NVC stage. Waiting for a note. 

Timeline

Wednesday 3/1/23 Updates:

13500: 5 Approvals (3 new / 2 in progress)

14000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFES (3 new / 0 in progress)

14500: 1 Withdrawal (1 new / 0 in progress)

15500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

16000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

17000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

17500: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER (3 new / 0 in progress)

18000: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)

18500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

19000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

19500: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)

20500: 1 Approval, 1 Other (Name Was Updated) (2 new / 0 in progress)

21000: 1 RFES, 1 RFER (2 new / 0 in progress)

22500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)

23500: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)

31 Total Updates: 21 Approvals, 3 RFESs, 4 RFERs, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1), 1 Withdrawal, 1 Other (Name Was Updated)

Timeline

Thursday 3/2/23 Updates:

13000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER (3 new / 0 in progress)

13500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

14500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

15500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (2 new / 0 in progress)

16000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

16500: 1 Approval, 1 Denial (1 new / 1 in progress)

17000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

17500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER, 1 Denial (3 new / 0 in progress)

18000: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)

18500: 3 Approvals, 1 RFES (4 new / 0 in progress)

19500: 1 Approval, 2 RFERs, 1 Other (Document Was Returned To USCIS) (4 new / 0 in progress)

20500: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER (3 new / 0 in progress)

21000: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)

22000: 1 Approval, 2 RFESs, 1 RFER, 1 Other (Name Was Updated) (5 new / 0 in progress)

22500: 2 RFESs, 1 RFER (3 new / 0 in progress)

23000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

23500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

40 Total Updates: 20 Approvals, 5 RFESs, 11 RFERs, 2 Denials, 2 Others (Document Was Returned To USCIS, Name Was Updated)

Timeline

Is there a place to track NVC stage for K1 visa? I just went to NVC community discussion and I am seeing all IR/CR1 visas. Even in Facebook group very rarely am I seeing any post for K1. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
50 minutes ago, kcpaty said:

Is there a place to track NVC stage for K1 visa? I just went to NVC community discussion and I am seeing all IR/CR1 visas. Even in Facebook group very rarely am I seeing any post for K1. 

Looks like you got NOA2 in January, this is the thread where people who got approved in January are talking about the next steps:

Timeline

What is the concensus regarding Covid vaccine? Does the beneficiary need it prior to traveling or not? My partner prefers to get the vaccine upon his arrival. When I checked online it said it needs to be done ahead of medical exam scheduling. He called to verify and was told "not necessarily". So I'm not sure what to advise him. I tried looking in other threads but I observed mixed answers. Anyone here have a place to look for an answer?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.