meryem_af

What if one have lost or no records of childhood vaccinations for DV immigrantion??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hii

I am winner of DV22 and my husband is co winner. We have recently filled the DS260 on 4th Nov. 2021 and in the section of 'Security and Background: Medical and Health Information' we checked the box in the form that we do not have documents to provide vaccinations, as we really do not have vaccination documents for the vaccines mentioned on the website (https://www.uscis.gov) like Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus & Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Haemophilus Influenza type B, Hepatitis B. We are aware that we took some vaccines in our childhood but both of us do not have any records of that nor we remember which were those vaccines. (Covid19 not be considered as everyone has document for it)

As per web search it says that civil surgeon will analyze the reports and administer the vaccines as per age while medical examination. Our age is between 40 to 46,

in this case which vaccines may be administered to us again?

or how this things will progress right from pre and post medical examination to interview?

It can cause problems n Medical examination or getting visa? 

Please suggest and share  precious experience in this matter.

I had lost my record for my childhood vaccines, and I just opted to have them administered again.  That was MMR, Pertussis, and Diphtheria (which is a combo with tetanus and polio in my country of origin).  I did have a record for Hep A and B, and because this is one that requires three shots within 6 months, titers might be your best bet…

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

your best bet is to have all the required vaccination re-done during the medical.

Why complicate the case? just do the easy way to get your visa approved: get your full medical and vaccination done

Allah issahel 3likoum 

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
On 11/14/2021 at 5:48 PM, CMJuilland said:

I had lost my record for my childhood vaccines, and I just opted to have them administered again.  That was MMR, Pertussis, and Diphtheria (which is a combo with tetanus and polio in my country of origin).  I did have a record for Hep A and B, and because this is one that requires three shots within 6 months, titers might be your best bet…

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Did you initiated yourself in other private labs for these vaccines before you scheduled your visa medical or civil surgeon suggested and administered those vaccines to you while actual medical examination process for US Immigration?

Usually how much time we get from 2nd NL  to interview so that if any waiting period for vaccination can be covered?, as in case of us, we will have to take all those vaccines including Hep A & B, and may be required little longer period to take 5 to 6 vaccines.

Also, doesn't it have any side effects on your health if you are administered same vaccines twice?

3 hours ago, meryem_af said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Did you initiated yourself in other private labs for these vaccines before you scheduled your visa medical or civil surgeon suggested and administered those vaccines to you while actual medical examination process for US Immigration?

Usually how much time we get from 2nd NL  to interview so that if any waiting period for vaccination can be covered?, as in case of us, we will have to take all those vaccines including Hep A & B, and may be required little longer period to take 5 to 6 vaccines.

Also, doesn't it have any side effects on your health if you are administered same vaccines twice?

I didn’t do any of my own research nor did I go to any labs.  I figured it couldn’t hurt to update all my vaccinations, so I just went to the designated doctor and had it all taken care of right then and there.  As for Hep A & B, I don’t know if there’s any way to have the first two (within 4 weeks of each other) and then get the last one (5 months after the second one) when in the U.S.; I was able to do that for MMR, which also requires a booster (but it’s not as time sensitive as MMR).  

As for side effects, I didn’t have any, and I would say, as long as you’re healthy, it’s probably not a big deal to have several vaccines at once.  There is no adverse effect for any of the standard ones if you get them again; if anything, it would boost your body’s defenses.  That being said, I’m not a medical professional, so if you need any more info, it would be best to talk to your doctor. 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

Timeline
17 hours ago, CMJuilland said:

I didn’t do any of my own research nor did I go to any labs.  I figured it couldn’t hurt to update all my vaccinations, so I just went to the designated doctor and had it all taken care of right then and there.  As for Hep A & B, I don’t know if there’s any way to have the first two (within 4 weeks of each other) and then get the last one (5 months after the second one) when in the U.S.; I was able to do that for MMR, which also requires a booster (but it’s not as time sensitive as MMR).  

As for side effects, I didn’t have any, and I would say, as long as you’re healthy, it’s probably not a big deal to have several vaccines at once.  There is no adverse effect for any of the standard ones if you get them again; if anything, it would boost your body’s defenses.  That being said, I’m not a medical professional, so if you need any more info, it would be best to talk to your doctor. 

Thank you  very much for the detailed info.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 11/14/2021 at 9:18 AM, meryem_af said:

Hii

I am winner of DV22 and my husband is co winner. We have recently filled the DS260 on 4th Nov. 2021 and in the section of 'Security and Background: Medical and Health Information' we checked the box in the form that we do not have documents to provide vaccinations, as we really do not have vaccination documents for the vaccines mentioned on the website (https://www.uscis.gov) like Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus & Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Haemophilus Influenza type B, Hepatitis B. We are aware that we took some vaccines in our childhood but both of us do not have any records of that nor we remember which were those vaccines. (Covid19 not be considered as everyone has document for it)

As per web search it says that civil surgeon will analyze the reports and administer the vaccines as per age while medical examination. Our age is between 40 to 46,

in this case which vaccines may be administered to us again?

or how this things will progress right from pre and post medical examination to interview?

It can cause problems n Medical examination or getting visa? 

Please suggest and share  precious experience in this matter.

Congratulations on winning the lottery!  That's awesome that you both won!  Best wishes! 

• 1 month later...

The main question is, is it safe and okay to get double vaccination of the same type , there is no risk to our body after getting another new vaccines that we get when we were young ? I suggest for you to get your blood test if this is possible, so you can make sure if you already get any of these preveis vaccines, wishing you the best of luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.