Jump to content



4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

~ Moved from K1 Forum to SSN Forum - the question is about SSN while on AOS ~

Not with a new name. It has to be maiden name because they need to match her records to USCIS. After you get your EAD or GC you can go back and change to a new name. 



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
2 hours ago, Arsalan111 said:


Is it possible to apply for SSN after applying for AOS? With new name? We are getting married in few days and it’s not possible to apply for SSN now. 


If you don't want to get the SSN with the maiden name then you will need to wait until at least the EAD card is issued to get the SSN, which will take about 8 months.  As @powerpuff stated, it would be best to get the SSN now and change the name later.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...