ELLENN

service center changes (merged)

33 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2022 at 4:34 PM, ELLENN said:

My case was originally with Nebreska which also says on the receipt. After a month I asked USCIS/Emma and I was told it was transferred to Vermont. Then in 4 months, I asked USCIS/Emma again and I was told the case is now in Nebreska. My questions is my case was sent to Vermont for background investigation and then sent back to Nebreska? Does anybody have the experience?

Mine also was in Nebraska and they sent to Vermont and then transfered back to Nebraska as well. Dont know why 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kader96 said:

Mine also was in Nebraska and they sent to Vermont and then transfered back to Nebraska as well. Dont know why 

really? Is it a good sign if it's transferred back to Nebraska? Was your case approved? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kader96 said:

You sent application in 2020 and didn't get updated until now? Do you know when your case was transferred back to Nebreska?

Timeline
On 2/20/2022 at 3:34 AM, ELLENN said:

My case was originally with Nebreska which also says on the receipt. After a month I asked USCIS/Emma and I was told it was transferred to Vermont. Then in 4 months, I asked USCIS/Emma again and I was told the case is now in Nebreska. My questions is my case was sent to Vermont for background investigation and then sent back to Nebreska? Does anybody have the experience?

It is not unusual for cases to be transferred to different centers on account of backlogs. Ours was transferred too from Texas to Vermont without a notice. If you want to know your actual service center, try connecting to a tier 1 officer through emma. Type 'talk to representative' in the chat. She would connect you with one.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Amyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy said:

Emma never tells me which office is currently handing my case. May I know what did you ask Emma to get the current location of your case? Thanks!

If you want to know your actual service center, try connecting to a tier 1 officer through emma. Type 'talk to representative' in the chat with emma.

12 hours ago, ELLENN said:

really? Is it a good sign if it's transferred back to Nebraska? Was your case approved? 

My case not approved but I think our situation is uniqe. I dont think anybodies case that long. Dont know the reason. They transfered after I sent them that it is outside of processing time already. They viewed a month and sent to Nebraska again it has been 2 or 3 months ago they sent to Nebraska. Nothing yet.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Kader96 said:

My case not approved but I think our situation is uniqe. I dont think anybodies case that long. Dont know the reason. They transfered after I sent them that it is outside of processing time already. They viewed a month and sent to Nebraska again it has been 2 or 3 months ago they sent to Nebraska. Nothing yet.

Don't know if your case has some history or not. Anyway i think you can send online request regarding outside of processing time again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 5:34 PM, ELLENN said:

What did you ask emma for her to tell you your service center?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

What did you ask emma for her to tell you your service center?

just ask EMMA about your service center via live chat

Timeline
On 2/22/2022 at 10:59 AM, Kader96 said:

I already did 4 times.

Did you get any updates on your case? How do you find out when your case was transferred from vermont to Nebraska?

I asked EMMA another 2 times and was told my case was never transferred. But so far I still didn't get any updates since it was actively reviewed end of December. 

37 minutes ago, ELLENN said:

Did you get any updates on your case? How do you find out when your case was transferred from vermont to Nebraska?

I asked EMMA another 2 times and was told my case was never transferred. But so far I still didn't get any updates since it was actively reviewed end of December. 

No, nothing yet the only weird thing happened is I tried another outside of processing time e-request. It said I cannot dublicate because there is already one in process now (something like that) I can request in 30 days from the day I applied(which it was already 60 + days old.) But no movement...

I found out from tier 1 from live chat through Emma. But keep in mind they also dont know much. For example I requested call from tier 2 they instead send me email saying they sent my case back to Nebraska. Later on I talked to tier 1 they said it is in Vermont. I said but they sent me email saying my case sent back to Nebraska. Their response was that tier 2 has more detail info but tier 1 doesnt....Instead of asking directly Emma try asking tier 1 or (even better) tier 2..They will give you more solid info. I believe you are almost done with first part, most of the people get approved soon after USCIS actively reviewing. Good luck let us know when you are approved. 

On 2/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, Kader96 said:

I already did 4 times.

And no response/any moves?

Sounds like you should file a Lawsuit. Not sure if I am allowed to recommend anyone but Jim Hacking (Hacking Immigration) always mentions lawsuits in his youtube videos. Sounds like that's the way forward in your case.

Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.