Berii

Denied visa 221g (SPLIT)

49 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Berii said:

So, when your wife applied for the Canadian visa?

What Visa exactly does she have right now?

please tell us the year that you applied for the Spouse visa and when she applied for the Canadian visa?

And if in her visa application she add the information that she is married.

There’s a lot of gaps in your application and this was enough for the CO to doubt about your relationship. This doesn’t change because she is in Canadá.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it is too long to have waited for the NOIR or NOID notice

one of the issues for the spouse visa u caused by filing taxes as single

when married,  u must file as MFJ or MFS so file 1040 x to amend that issue 

da 

i had sent a link in prior post giving u the IRS site to apply for the ITIN to add spouse  to the amended return

an appeal takes too long and costs so when u get the NOIR or NOID notice ,  get the proof together to object to the issues (actually proof)

and file this with a new petition

u need to see your wife '/ be in physical presence within 2 years of the new filing so using your green card visit her and spend some quality time

also,  apply for your naturalization and when u get it ,  send that proof into USCIS with the case number of the new petition to go from F2a to IR1 visa

On 11/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, Berii said:

Greetings everyone. My wife was denied visa under 221g and her petition sent back to USCIS recommending revocation.

These were the questions asked by the consular officer and her answers to them;

1. Who is petitioning for you? *My husband*

2. What does he do? Answers

3. Where are you going to stay in the US? Answers

4. How did you two meet? *At a friend's wedding party*

5. What's the name of the friend? Sandra

6. when did you two meet? Answers 

7. What relationship do you have with Sandra? *I'm a friend of Sandra. *

8. What about your husband. *Is he friends with the groom or bride. we're both friends Of the bride*

9. When did you get married? Answers

10. Who is this in the picture(points to her mother)? *My mother*

11. Who's this(points to an invited person)? *My mother's co-worker*

12. Who's this(points to another woman)? *My husband's Aunt*

13. Did his parents attend the wedding? *No*.

14. Why were his parents absent? *His mother was sick*

15. Did you meet his parents? *Yes*

16. When did you meet his parents? *2015*

17. Was there a knock door(traditional wedding)?*No but there was an introduction*

18. Are you from the same village with your husband? *No*

19. Did you live together? *Yes*

20. Did you live together alone or with people? *We lived together alone*

21. Was there an engagement? *Yes*

22. When did he propose? *2016, May 2016 on my birthday*

23. How did your husband immigrate to the US? *Through the Diversity visa lottery*

24. When did he travel to the US?Answered

25. When did you get married? Answered

26. Has your husband been back to your home country since he travelled to the US? *No, he was to come last year but the covid-19 hindered*

27. Where did the court wedding take place? answered

28. Tell me about your relationship with your husband? Answered

29. What was your husband doing when he was in your home country? Answered

30. What do you do for a living? *I'm unemployed*

Another officer told my wife the consular officer is suspicious about my marriage and cannot give a visa, I don't know why because she answered all questions asked. What way forward should I take. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

I think question 4 and 26 caused the denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Advice I gave seven months ago still holds, to file a new I-130 petition with lots of documents to show financial co-mingling, and to prove that you lived together in Cameroon for a period of years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.