BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

We applied for IR5 in Jul 2021, I130 approved Dec 2021, NVC case created end Dec, and are going to be uploading all civil docs and AoS docs in the next two weeks. 

Would love to join the unofficial telegram group if someone can point out. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ashish tailor said:

Wait time from DQ to IL is going to be 24 months for IR. 

What is IL? And IR? I am a spouse in the US trying to immigrate my husband from India. our DQ was Aug. 6 2021 We applied I-30 back in July 2019 And accepted and moved to NVC in Dec. 2019. It took a year to get all the documentation and then got the email in August. So are you saying it's going to be two are years?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, RobinGT said:

What is IL? And IR? I am a spouse in the US trying to immigrate my husband from India. our DQ was Aug. 6 2021 We applied I-30 back in July 2019 And accepted and moved to NVC in Dec. 2019. It took a year to get all the documentation and then got the email in August. So are you saying it's going to be two are years?

IL = Interview Letter. IR1 = Immediate Relative 1. Since Mumbai is heading towards yet another lockdown, it is guesstimated that those waiting for their interview at Mumbai consulate may have to wait nearly 24 months AFTER DQ to get the IL. I hope it won't come to that but you should be prepared to wait a long time.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Since there is a heavy backlog of CR1/IR1 visa interviews in Mumbai,  also this is due to COVID lockdowns,  why not WE ALL WRITE a UNIFIED REQUEST to embassy to conduct video conferencing interview...  

12 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

Since there is a heavy backlog of CR1/IR1 visa interviews in Mumbai,  also this is due to COVID lockdowns,  why not WE ALL WRITE a UNIFIED REQUEST to embassy to conduct video conferencing interview...  

that isn’t a bad idea. Can you take ownership and let us know here what do you need from us ?

Just now, ashish tailor said:

that isn’t a bad idea. Can you take ownership and let us know here what do you need from us ?

There is a Facebook group for this too, and they were also talking about filing something for video interview. May be we can get help from there too. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ashish tailor said:

Thanks for the response. In fact, I posted this idea in the facebook too...  but no response came.  I can have a professional write a letter and if you or anyone can find out how to take to the embassy... also we may have to sign it.  I am happy to sign it too.  There were law suits related to CR1/IR1 in other countries, but in our case it is not a law suit, it is just a explaining our situation to the consulate and make them aware of it.  They can have conditions like drop box the documents and having a video conferencing from the drop box location..  in fact lot of relaxations they did for lockbox recently and I am sure you are all aware of that.

1 minute ago, Dil & Malar said:

Thanks for the response. In fact, I posted this idea in the facebook too...  but no response came.  I can have a professional write a letter and if you or anyone can find out how to take to the embassy... also we may have to sign it.  I am happy to sign it too.  There were law suits related to CR1/IR1 in other countries, but in our case it is not a law suit, it is just a explaining our situation to the consulate and make them aware of it.  They can have conditions like drop box the documents and having a video conferencing from the drop box location..  in fact lot of relaxations they did for lockbox recently and I am sure you are all aware of that.

I just posted this on the Facebook and tag few folks there. i will let you know if i get any response. As far as taking it to the consulate, we can email them, i do have consulate email ID and may be we can also email NVC about it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ashish tailor said:

I just posted this on the Facebook and tag few folks there. i will let you know if i get any response. As far as taking it to the consulate, we can email them, i do have consulate email ID and may be we can also email NVC about it.

GOOD START ON THIS FINE THRUSDAY MORNING.  I WILL TALK TO THE CONCERN WRITER AND COME WITH THE LETTER THIS WEEKEND

7 hours ago, Dil & Malar said:

This was my thought as well. I fell that having our lives on hold so long Is cruel and causing immense heartache. I would rather go live in India with my husband then be here waiting. I can’t afford to take off work and go to India every few months the next two years. It’s unacceptable.

8 hours ago, ashish tailor said:

Ditto. I’m happy to get a couple support letters as well. I will speak to my local representative who has been in touch with the state department on my behalf. She may be able to suggest a path to the state department for all of us in what ever state we are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.