JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lena1 said:

I called on Wednesday the person I speak to she said nothing yet, she asked me its 16 days yet since approval I said not yet. so I guess I have to wait 16 days then I can call back to ask 

Hmm really? I never waited to call, I just called whenever I had time. Whether it was everyday or every other day. And they were surprisingly fast with it. Literally the day after they received mine, it had a case number. If I were you, I wouldn’t wait 16 days. Call next week and ask again. Perfectly fine to call them once a week.

20 hours ago, hawright13 said:

Hmm really? I never waited to call, I just called whenever I had time. Whether it was everyday or every other day. And they were surprisingly fast with it. Literally the day after they received mine, it had a case number. If I were you, I wouldn’t wait 16 days. Call next week and ask again. Perfectly fine to call them once a week.

You got case number now? 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Lena1 said:

You got case number now? 

Yes ma’am! Called them Friday and it had a case number. And if I read the number chart right, it was assigned the case number one day after they received it, much quicker than I thought it would take! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I just called the NVC and they received our case that was approved on the 16th of November. She said to call back in a week or so for the case number. I asked her how long it will take to get to the embassy and she asked me what country it will be going to and I told her Lima Peru. She told me that embassy isn’t accepting cases right now for K1s. Is this true? 😭 anyone have anymore information on this? 🙏🙏🙏

The website says there ARE accepting K visas. Am I reading this wrong??

https://pe.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Edited by Jonathanh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jonathanh said:

I just called the NVC and they received our case that was approved on the 16th of November. She said to call back in a week or so for the case number. I asked her how long it will take to get to the embassy and she asked me what country it will be going to and I told her Lima Peru. She told me that embassy isn’t accepting cases right now for K1s. Is this true? 😭 anyone have anymore information on this? 🙏🙏🙏

The website says there ARE accepting K visas. Am I reading this wrong??

https://pe.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Not sure. the website says they are processing limited amount of visas. My embassy basically says the same thing and the NVC person told me the same thing. When the embassy returns  back to “routine processing” then that means they are processing cases normally and nvc can send cases on a regular basis to embassy. Otherwise depending on the backlog you will be waiting a couple months. I would try to find other filers from Peru and contact them to see how long the wait is. The last batch of cases that went to my embassy was Jan 2021 approvals. I’m already on month 3 at NVC

edit: search the k1 visa timelines and drop down to Peru. Looks like there is 1 person with an interview in December who was approved in April. 

Edited by J&D1008

On 11/27/2021 at 5:53 AM, hawright13 said:

Yes ma’am! Called them Friday and it had a case number. And if I read the number chart right, it was assigned the case number one day after they received it, much quicker than I thought it would take! 

So I just called NVC and they told me they received my case there (Nov 16 NOA2). However not yet entered in the system. I said ok I'll call back in a couple days to which the rep said they are entering cases into the system they received thru Oct 26th so it will take a while to enter. That didn't make sense to me...

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DRAS said:

So I just called NVC and they told me they received my case there (Nov 16 NOA2). However not yet entered in the system. I said ok I'll call back in a couple days to which the rep said they are entering cases into the system they received thru Oct 26th so it will take a while to enter. That didn't make sense to me...

That is the general timeline for all cases to be entered. Give it a few days, then call back. K-1s usually get input quicker than the rest because they don't stay at the NVC for long.

Timeline

So… I’m hoping my case gets shipped out to the embassy next week during NVC’s shipping times. I started looking over the I-134 today, and planning to start working with my fiancé on the DS-160 this weekend. 

Is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime while I am waiting for it to be shipped? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything! Kinda in limbo…

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lena1 said:

My noa2 was 10 november I called on Monday she said still nothung yet… i dont understand

Call now they are still open. Maybe they entered a bunch of them in today. The wait was only 5min when I called an hour ago 

Edited by Jonathanh

Timeline

On the CEAC my status currently says “At NVC”. What are the order of status’ I can expect to see while going through this process going forward in the site.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.