RV2019

Interview next month - is vaccine record needed?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My wife has her green card interview scheduled for next month and one of the items required on the notice was the following:

"If required, a completed Form-I693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccine Record, and/or vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)."

When my wife did her medical examination prior to the K1 visa interview, they neither gave her her vaccination record nor asked about it.

Does she need to do the medical examination again now that's she's in the US so they give her her vaccination record or can she go to the interview without the vaccination record since she did do the medical exam prior to being issued the K1 visa?

4 minutes ago, RV2019 said:

can she go to the interview without the vaccination record since she did do the medical exam prior to being issued the K1 visa?

If they properly filled-out a DS-3025 (even if they didn't provide a copy to her) then she shouldn't need a I-693: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician. 

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

Timeline
Just now, HRQX said:

If they properly filled-out a DS-3025 (even if they didn't provide a copy to her) then she shouldn't need a I-693: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

That's the thing. They never filled out a DS-3025. She was not asked about her vaccines at all. She has all of the vaccines but it's not possible for the USCIS to have any record of them given that it was never asked. When she had her medical examination, she tried to give her vaccine information and they said it wasn't necessary. This has happened to everyone else she has spoken to that had their medical exam done in Quito Ecuador.

So I'm guessing I need to get her a filled out DS-3025 but can't find any information on how to do so.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RV2019 said:

That's the thing. They never filled out a DS-3025. She was not asked about her vaccines at all. She has all of the vaccines but it's not possible for the USCIS to have any record of them given that it was never asked. When she had her medical examination, she tried to give her vaccine information and they said it wasn't necessary. This has happened to everyone else she has spoken to that had their medical exam done in Quito Ecuador.

So I'm guessing I need to get her a filled out DS-3025 but can't find any information on how to do so.

They might still filled one out ( weird and kinda not ok but that's another topic ) or do you know that other people ran into problems later during AOS?

You can try and find a civil surgeon who'll transcribe her vaccines into the official form without doing a complete medical again now or you wait for the interview and what they say.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

They might still filled one out ( weird and kinda not ok but that's another topic ) or do you know that other people ran into problems later during AOS?

You can try and find a civil surgeon who'll transcribe her vaccines into the official form without doing a complete medical again now or you wait for the interview and what they say.

14 hours ago, HRQX said:

No. Instead it'll be "Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10. of Form I-693" filled out by a Civil Surgeon: https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

See page 8: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-693instr.pdf

Thank you for the information, we scheduled an appointment with a civil surgeon.

• 3 months later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lu & Ni said:

Hi. this is a long ago post but I was wondering..how did the interview go? were you asked for the vaccine records during your interview?

The interview went well. We ended up getting the medical re-done in the US to be safe so we had the vaccine records for the interview. They didn't ask us specifically for the vaccine records, but we did turn in the medical records (which includes the vaccine records) so I'm not sure whether or not they actually needed it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, RV2019 said:

The interview went well. We ended up getting the medical re-done in the US to be safe so we had the vaccine records for the interview. They didn't ask us specifically for the vaccine records, but we did turn in the medical records (which includes the vaccine records) so I'm not sure whether or not they actually needed it. 

Thank you for your prompt response. I really appreciate it 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.