JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm guessing it is the embassy then.  Try emailing and see if you get anywhere.  I also could not get anywhere on the phone with them but they were responsive to email.  

good luck.  I'm sure you just have to wait it out.  luck of the draw as to when they will get going on your case.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I might be the only one left in this thread. But I’m so happy - our case is in transit now after being approved on October 2021.

K1 Process (536 Days)

• 01/28/2021: I129F Packet Sent - 07/20/2022: Visa On Hand

• 08/12/2022: POE - Dulles

• 09/20/2022: Marriage

AOS (Pending)  EAD & AP (88 Days):

• 09/30/2022: AOS, EAD, AP Packet Sent
  • 01/09/2023: Combo Card on Hand (Expedited)

Complete timeline can be checked on my profile.

1 minute ago, SWRP said:

I might be the only one left in this thread. But I’m so happy - our case is in transit now after being approved on October 2021.

Believe me you are not the only one left. We just change to ready last week after 7 weeks "in transit" now we are praying for having our appointment date this week it has been a crazy long wait. We were hoping to have the interview by July but i dont know anymore.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

Believe me you are not the only one left. We just change to ready last week after 7 weeks "in transit" now we are praying for having our appointment date this week it has been a crazy long wait. We were hoping to have the interview by July but i dont know anymore.

Oh - why do you have to wait for them? In the US Embassy in Manila, once our case is in Ready, we can set our desired scheduled for Interview. What Embassy is processing your application?

K1 Process (536 Days)

1 minute ago, SWRP said:

Oh - why do you have to wait for them? In the US Embassy in Manila, once our case is in Ready, we can set our desired scheduled for Interview. What Embassy is processing your application?

Here we dont have option to schedule the appointment, they give you the date they have available. This is Mexico!

Timeline

Congratulations!  As Bittersweetlovee said, you aren't alone.  I think those of us remaining have gone silent.  Not much to say.  Just wait.  

We finally got through all the hoops and have our interview set for this month!  Long wait from a January 4, 2021 receipt date!!

Good luck to all of you still hanging in there.  I know some countries have a much longer wait time and that sucks!  But good news will eventually come.  

It's good to hear some good news so thanks for the update!

1 minute ago, SandyR said:

Congratulations!  As Bittersweetlovee said, you aren't alone.  I think those of us remaining have gone silent.  Not much to say.  Just wait.  

We finally got through all the hoops and have our interview set for this month!  Long wait from a January 4, 2021 receipt date!!

Good luck to all of you still hanging in there.  I know some countries have a much longer wait time and that sucks!  But good news will eventually come.  

It's good to hear some good news so thanks for the update!

Those are great news!! congratulations I hope the best for the interview. And thanks for your words, thats right it has been a long wait and not all countries are the same timelines even in my country we dont know what to expect all cases are different. I have been feeling so sad because when we feel closer is when more time takes but i hope the time runs I miss my fiance so much. 

Timeline

Hang in there!  you will soon look back on this and won't even remember how long it took!  you are nearing the finish line.  Through this process I have learned to let it be and not try to plan for the next step.  We hit road bump after road bump so all our planning never worked.  It will be done on the timeframe that is supposed to be and we can't do anything to change it.  So just enjoy your conversations and try not to worry about when and how!  

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

FINALLY!!! we have a date for the interview, maaan this was long but i am so happy that finally we recieved some good news. Now is time to get ready and wait for the day! :D

Congratulations!!!!  That's good news.  Good luck with getting all together and all.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Got approved on my interview on 07/14 and have my passport with the visa on 07/20!

K1 Process (536 Days)

Timeline
On 7/21/2022 at 9:46 PM, Bittersweetlovee said:

Congratulations!! I have my interview in 2 weeks and i am very nervous.

Best of luck to you!

K1 Process (536 Days)

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 12/11/2021 at 5:46 PM, Keithn85 said:

Well, we found our interview times.  I talk like I am there.  I found interview times for both of them (her and her son) for next week Tuesday.  We were going to do ASAP, but the only times this week are Tuesday and Wednesday.  Both of them have their medical Monday morning so between that and the COVID vaccination, it is better to wait 1 week.  Appointments are scarce in December now (which makes sense because we are approaching the halfway mark of the year) but January is not lacking in appointment days.  The appointment should be scheduled within the next 2 hours today and then it will be me emailing all the paperwork to her, including my reaffirmation with an updated intent to marry.  I am definitely excited about this and I know she is also.  We both are just concentrated on taking this one step at a time but Friday was awesome for her.  We submitted both corrected DS-160s (we had to complete another app for her because I put official for her passport.  It is regular by the way unless the beneficiary or child are diplomatic or government people) with pictures and 1 hour later she went to the banks to withdraw and pay for the MRV.  She provided me the receipt numbers at my lunch break (which was 8 hours later) and I attempted last night (almost 20 hours after she visited the bank) to put in the receipt information.  She told me the bank said the next morning.  I read on the site for 10am the next morning, but I thought it was 10am weekdays only.  I checked this morning, put in the receipt numbers for both of them, and the system accepted them as valid numbers and showed me the available appointments.  So for the appointment thing, just check following morning after the MRV is paid.  Just as with other computer systems, it works 24/7/365 so it does not wait until Monday to open appointments if you pay on a Friday.

Hi can i ask you what you said in the UPDATED intent of marry? Did you write something different then the first intent to marry you included in your i 129f packet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.