JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Hi guys, What is the priority date for k1? I am completing a form and it’s asking me for priority date please help. Is it the date uscis received my f129 or the date they accepted it?

Backdate.  The received date on your NOA-1 is what they are asking for, not the notice date.  It would be the same if you filled out an inquiry for outside of processing time.

2 hours ago, Abhik30 said:

I sent my embassy (Muscat,Oman) my case number but they just said they have a backlog. They didn’t mention the volume or by when I should expect it to move. 

i am unable to find any proper info on the embassy backlog too. 

Thankful for the case number, so I guess our option is just to wait…

We are in the same situation right now and yes the only thing we can do is wait. The times depend of your Embassy! what i did was to try to find more timelines similar to mine and see how long it took for them, again every case is different even from the same contry but you can have a better idea. And as @Keithn85 mention you can check again the status of your case Dec. 7th or 8th. Also check the email regularly remeber that the one recieving it will be the beneficiary. I hope we can have good news soon!

3 hours ago, Zoozoo said:

Hi guys, What is the priority date for k1? I am completing a form and it’s asking me for priority date please help. Is it the date uscis received my f129 or the date they accepted it?

Please help!!

I printed the visa fee paper to take to bank to pay but it says expiration date 6/12/2021??? And when I read about it it says the expiration date must not be expired. But they gave me an expired date!! Is this normal? 

I might be just impatient but has anyone received instructions from the embassy by email or mail already after the status became ready? Our case has shipped last week (11/23) and when I checked on Saturday (11/27), the status was ready. I have been waiting for the instruction since then (only 3 days tho) but haven't heard anything...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Please help!!

I printed the visa fee paper to take to bank to pay but it says expiration date 6/12/2021??? And when I read about it it says the expiration date must not be expired. But they gave me an expired date!! Is this normal? 

Yes it means 6th December 2021

In Pakistan date is first and then month on most of the documents 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, misahk said:

I might be just impatient but has anyone received instructions from the embassy by email or mail already after the status became ready? Our case has shipped last week (11/23) and when I checked on Saturday (11/27), the status was ready. I have been waiting for the instruction since then (only 3 days tho) but haven't heard anything...

Every embassy works differently, you might want to check what is course of action in Japan. In Islamabad once the status is ready you can submit your DS160, schedule medical and interview WITHOUT receiving an email from the embassy (they do send an email which is generic email, we received our email after our interview was already done) which states absolutely nothing but just a link to Ustraveldocs.

It might be something completely different for Japan.

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, misahk said:

Our Case arrived to Kyiv on Friday and i received the email from the embassy on Tuesday.  

1 hour ago, mitzab said:

Every embassy works differently, you might want to check what is course of action in Japan. In Islamabad once the status is ready you can submit your DS160, schedule medical and interview WITHOUT receiving an email from the embassy (they do send an email which is generic email, we received our email after our interview was already done) which states absolutely nothing but just a link to Ustraveldocs.

It might be something completely different for Japan.

From what I’ve seen, people receive the instruction before the interview. I’ll check with embassy. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

We are in the same situation right now and yes the only thing we can do is wait. The times depend of your Embassy! what i did was to try to find more timelines similar to mine and see how long it took for them, again every case is different even from the same contry but you can have a better idea. And as @Keithn85 mention you can check again the status of your case Dec. 7th or 8th. Also check the email regularly remeber that the one recieving it will be the beneficiary. I hope we can have good news soon!

I guess that’s the frustrating part. I have searched a lot and only been able to find 1 other case for K1. There is almost no information on my embassy Muscat, Oman. They rarely get K1 cases as per the data from US govt. 
Another case I found for K1 was in April, 2021 and that person got their case from NVC to the embassy in a week. 

so yeah just very confusing. I hope we get good news soon so we can hopefully be in our couple for Christmas! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

stat

20 hours ago, misahk said:

status ready must update 3 times before instructions. First ready means it’s still in transit but already left USA. Second ready means they physically received it and opened it. Third ready means they did all they background and imbra  checks 

It’s about a week between each update 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And it’s risky to

go to interview before they send u instructions because usually these instructions indicate that they did imbra. People got sent back to Russia when they came without instructions in Warsaw embassy 

20 hours ago, misahk said:

From what I’ve seen, people receive the instruction before the interview. I’ll check with embassy. Thank you!

We received the P3 a week after the status updated to 'Ready' so watch out for it this week! Start filling out Ds160 if you havent already! :)

2 minutes ago, alexmamone said:

We received the P3 a week after the status updated to 'Ready' so watch out for it this week! Start filling out Ds160 if you havent already! :)

Is yours from Tokyo embassy? Either way, I will continue to check throughout this week! I emailed the Embassy and they told me to wait at least 3 weeks... I am already done with DS-160 and have scheduled an interview in late December so hopefully I receive the instruction by then. 

1 hour ago, Vladislav667 said:

And it’s risky to

go to interview before they send u instructions because usually these instructions indicate that they did imbra. People got sent back to Russia when they came without instructions in Warsaw embassy 

oh, I will make sure to receive the instructions before going to the interview! Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.