NJS

DQ date to Appointment date

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Could be in a month or after a year. It's not up to NVC now. It all depends on the us embassy/consulate backlogs where one will be interviewing.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, NJS said:

My expedite request was just approved. I guess this is moot now. 

Good for you :) How long did it take from expedite submission to approval? How long after submission did they first respond to you? 
We are in the middle of filing one so I’d like to hear your experience. 

Edited by Oko Vicki

2 minutes ago, Oko Vicki said:

Good for you :) How long did it take from expedite submission to approval? How long after submission did they first respond to you? 
We are in the middle of filing one so I’d like to hear your experience. 

It will take 1.5-2 months to hear back once you submit the request. Here is my timeline

7/28 Expedite Request Submitted

9/20 Under Review Email 

9/28 Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, NJS said:

It will take 1.5-2 months to hear back once you submit the request. Here is my timeline

9/20 Under Review Email 

9/28 Approval

Got it. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, NJS said:

Keep the expedite request short and simple. Explain in couple of sentences. Less is more. More you write, less believable your story. I didn't even include any attachments. 

Dear NJS,

Do you mind sharing what reason you provided to NVC to expedite?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, NJS said:

My expedite request was just approved. I guess this is moot now. 

Is it the embassy that approved your expedite? If so, they might consider you for earlier interview date. But 'earlier' is still relative; for that embassy earlier might mean 15 days, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc. It all depends on how the embassy is managing the backlog of cases caused by the pandemic.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
20 hours ago, NJS said:

9/20 Under Review Email 

9/28 Approval

mine was approved 8/24 got my interview letter 9/3 by email

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
18 hours ago, NJS said:

Keep the expedite request short and simple. Explain in couple of sentences. Less is more. More you write, less believable your story. I didn't even include any attachments. 

yes i didn't have to send attachments to NVC now note just because you expedite through NVC that just means your in que for the next date but if you want to expedite through the interview you have to send attachments to the embassy for faster interview. like i was saying

Wrote expedite to  NVC  8/16

approved through NVC 8/24(no attachments but short)

expedited through embassy for interview 8/25(same reason but they requested attachments same day not even an hour after they requested i sent attachment)

approved through Embassy 9/3 interview date 9/20-21(because of a country holiday)

medical 9/10 along with police report

interview 9/21 husband approved 9/21 my two daughters also approved but we had to wait for the dr he forgot something in their papers same day papers reloaded to embassy by doctor

daughters visa printed 9/24

husband visa printed 9/27 ready for pick up 9/28

Good Luck

10 hours ago, Rashedhaikal said:

Dear NJS,

Do you mind sharing what reason you provided to NVC to expedite?

Yes. This is exactly what I sent since I had nothing to attach. We asked a doctor but she refused to give a letter. I was hoping they come back and ask for documents but they expedited it anyway. My father is currently bedridden without his DBS pacemaker. If your story sounds legitimate, they will expedite it even without the documents. 

Good Afternoon,

What do I need to expedite my parent's two petitions? My father needs to be evaluated to undergo a brain surgery upon arrival to re-install his Parkinson's brain pacemaker that was removed due to an infection.  

3 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Is it the embassy that approved your expedite? If so, they might consider you for earlier interview date. But 'earlier' is still relative; for that embassy earlier might mean 15 days, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc. It all depends on how the embassy is managing the backlog of cases caused by the pandemic.

Yes. I got notice it was shipped to the embassy yesterday. My embassy severs 2 small countries - Sri Lanka and Maldives. Their backlog should be relatively short. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Reading the comments on this post gives me hope!! 😁

So my US Citizen mom has depression plus communications disability. And I am the only taking care of her. I am working full time job and I have to miss some days of work because of my mom doctor appointment plus need to be under my supervision in some case.. 

Do you thing my situation or my case eligible for expedite? 

4 hours ago, Dreamoflife said:

Reading the comments on this post gives me hope!! 😁

So my US Citizen mom has depression plus communications disability. And I am the only taking care of her. I am working full time job and I have to miss some days of work because of my mom doctor appointment plus need to be under my supervision in some case.. 

Do you thing my situation or my case eligible for expedite? 

It doesn't hurt to ask. Just be honest and explain how expediting it could make a significant difference in your lives in couple of sentences. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.