0NI

US Embassy Manila K1 interviews

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For K1s in US Embassy Manila

Are there beneficiaries getting interviews in this Embassy?

I think this is the slowest moving US Embassy on scheduling interviews.

It is so frustrating! 

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Come visit the Philippine sub-forum. You are not alone.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

***Moved to the Philippines subforum as the question is country-specific***

@0NI
there are some threads here on VJ with PH-specific data on K1 interviews. I am thinking specifically of the post that you can find on the desktop version's main page. It's a bit harder to find the thread on mobile, but it's the graph made by @Captain Ewok

Timeline

I have no idea what is actually going on inside that Embassy, but in my imagination there is one person assigned to K1 cases. He allocates 10 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to choosing one case from the backlog and granting it an interview date (two, if he's feeling magnanimous). On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he lethargically conducts one or two interviews. The remainder if his 8-hour shifts are dedicated to consecutive naps.

If you look at the monthly K1 numbers, this theory lines up.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:57 AM, 0NI said:

For K1s in US Embassy Manila

Are there beneficiaries getting interviews in this Embassy?

I think this is the slowest moving US Embassy on scheduling interviews.

It is so frustrating! 

Have your fiance contact the President of the Philippines, this idiot is the one who has no clue how to deal with a pandemic, His plan has been for the country to curl up in the fetal position and lay in a ball on the ground and hopes covid will go away.   So he has locked down, travel ban, quarantined, travel cap on international flights, curfewed,  the whole country.  

I believe a majority of the staff from the US Embassy went home in March 2020 and most have not returned due to Duterte crippling the country.  

57 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Have your fiance contact the President of the Philippines, this idiot is the one who has no clue how to deal with a pandemic, His plan has been for the country to curl up in the fetal position and lay in a ball on the ground and hopes covid will go away.   So he has locked down, travel ban, quarantined, travel cap on international flights, curfewed,  the whole country.  

I believe a majority of the staff from the US Embassy went home in March 2020 and most have not returned due to Duterte crippling the country.  

Don't worry Manny will fix everything once he is elected

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So is he running?  My buddy from Davao who is in love with Duterte is posting all kinds of things on Mannys Facebook but it's all in bisaya .

Do you think he has a chance to win it?  I don't follow politics in Philippines, I am still surprised they Duterte won I figured they wouldn't vote for a mayor from Davao. 

Just now, Joe Kano said:

So is he running?  My buddy from Davao who is in love with Duterte is posting all kinds of things on Mannys Facebook but it's all in bisaya .

Do you think he has a chance to win it?  I don't follow politics in Philippines, I am still surprised they Duterte won I figured they wouldn't vote for a mayor from Davao. 

Yeah he came out the other day saying that he is going to run. The mayor of Manila came out yesterday saying that he is going to run as well. My wife is really looking forward for Sara to run. 

28 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah he came out the other day saying that he is going to run. The mayor of Manila came out yesterday saying that he is going to run as well. My wife is really looking forward for Sara to run. 

My nephew is living in Davao last few years, he says lots of people are fed up with pandemic and Duterte isn't as loved as he once was even in Davao.

I heard Duterte was going to try to run as vice president but the courts may not allow that.   It will be interesting watching the elections next year and see what shakes out over there.

9 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

My nephew is living in Davao last few years, he says lots of people are fed up with pandemic and Duterte isn't as loved as he once was even in Davao.

I heard Duterte was going to try to run as vice president but the courts may not allow that.   It will be interesting watching the elections next year and see what shakes out over there.

I agree many of my in laws are hating the restrictions. Davao City is hating it as well since they shut down the airport for international flights. Now it is only domestic flights into and out of the city which is hurting commerce. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

That guy is a joke. I am the beneficiary. Too bad pandemic hit and he is the President.

I've been back and forth visiting my Fiancee in the US during this Pandemic, the only thing keeping us from getting married while on a tourist visa in the US is that I have a K2.

We don't want to go that route, it's UNFAIR to all who are waiting and doing the right thing. 

9 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Haha I don't know if you are serious or joking. lol

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

1 hour ago, 0NI said:

Haha I don't know if you are serious or joking. lol

Yes, I am joking. @Joe Kano and I always joke about stuff like this. I keep telling him that Sara will join in and win the Presidency but he doesn't believe me. 

I have been joking with my wife for years now even before he was a Senator that he will run for the Presidency and call him her "Presidente". So we had quite a bit of a joke when he came out to run for President this week

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yes, I am joking. @Joe Kano and I always joke about stuff like this. I keep telling him that Sara will join in and win the Presidency but he doesn't believe me. 

I have been joking with my wife for years now even before he was a Senator that he will run for the Presidency and call him her "Presidente". So we had quite a bit of a joke when he came out to run for President this week

If this happens, the quarantine BS will never end. Hahaha

K1/K2

19 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My wife supports the mayor of Manila. As a foreigner I really have no interest. I would support a candidate who advocates actual sidewalks.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

9 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Right now I strongly believe she will win, I have thought that ever since he won the election.  It's the natural progression for her to take over when his term limits keeps him from running again. 

If I was a betting man I would put all my money on Sara.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.