angelnoah

COVID Protocol Guidelines For Arriving in the Philippines (Manila)

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are credible links, or websites, pages, etc..where I can get constant updates for guidelines in going to the Philippines? I and my husband will be going back Philippines next month (October), and the protocols are so confusing…they change like almost every day! 🥴

I am a dual citizen and so I got the proper documents for me and my husband. I just need the guidelines on what are to be done before and during the travel.

I appreciate any inputs guys. Thanks!

Probably one of the better public guides is at Philippines Airlines website.  Even if you will not fly them, you can extrapolate what the requirements will be for you:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/covid-19/arrivingintheph

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

There is a Facebook page called Filipinos Stranded Abroad which has almost daily updates from Filipino travelers arriving in the PH. They are often travelling with foreign spouses. Their posts usually include airport experiences, hotel reviews, test/quarantine updates, photos, and cost estimates. You may find it useful.

Philippine airlines is a good starting point but things seem to change daily. They recently added the health application requirement which is reflected on the PAL website.  

I would also check this post ginarcm documented her experience in a nice step by step process.

Thanks guys for the suggestions…I will check into them. 

I have the PAL link, but some became outdated as I am checking the news. 

Thank you….Keep safe! 👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife is travelling in two weeks on PAL.  She has been all over the Filipinos Stranded Abroad FB page. Here are our plans based on US not being a green country and flying into Manila.  Did not find any carriers that could get to Cebu directly, so no choice but to go through Manila. She is fully vaxed - Moderna.  Bringing Vaccination card as well as the printout confirming her vax status.

• Even though not required, she is getting tested here before she flies.
  • Booked the hotel for 10 days quarantine in Manila. - Many of them offer promos with 'meals' included.                 
  • Arranged for transport from the airport to hotel (She is having the driver pick up some supplies before he picks her up: snacks, ramen, soda)
  • Register for PAL Trace app.
  • Mask and face shield during the entire flight.
  • Herded to register for RT-PCR upon arrival at NAIA.  Again, even though Duterte has stated no Faceshields, the crowded caveat means mask and faceshield.
  • Travel to hotel and wait for day 7 for the tech to arrive to give you test.  Payment of test occurs then.
  • Register for S-Pass 3 days before travelling to final destination.
  • Receive results, usually sometime on the 9th day.
  • Upload results to S-Pass and call them to have the S-Pass processed.
  • Day 10, travel to final destination, flight is already booked.
  • Quarantine for additional 4 days at final destination.

1 hour ago, aratamorne said:

My wife is travelling in two weeks on PAL.  She has been all over the Filipinos Stranded Abroad FB page. Here are our plans based on US not being a green country and flying into Manila.  Did not find any carriers that could get to Cebu directly, so no choice but to go through Manila. She is fully vaxed - Moderna.  Bringing Vaccination card as well as the printout confirming her vax status.

What is print out confirming her vax status?  Never heard of this before? What database is this from?

Timeline

Maryland maintains a database of vaccination status.  It is voluntary and works with MyIRMobile.  Only like 9 states are listed as participating.  

https://www.marylandvax.org/

Edited by aratamorne
adding info

California has vax records database online as well.  https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
On 9/23/2021 at 10:23 PM, aratamorne said:

• Even though not required, she is getting tested here before she flies.
  • Booked the hotel for 10 days quarantine in Manila. - Many of them offer promos with 'meals' included.                 
  • Arranged for transport from the airport to hotel (She is having the driver pick up some supplies before he picks her up: snacks, ramen, soda)
  • Register for PAL Trace app.
  • Mask and face shield during the entire flight.
  • Herded to register for RT-PCR upon arrival at NAIA.  Again, even though Duterte has stated no Faceshields, the crowded caveat means mask and faceshield.
  • Travel to hotel and wait for day 7 for the tech to arrive to give you test.  Payment of test occurs then.
  • Register for S-Pass 3 days before travelling to final destination.
  • Receive results, usually sometime on the 9th day.
  • Upload results to S-Pass and call them to have the S-Pass processed.
  • Day 10, travel to final destination, flight is already booked.
  • Quarantine for additional 4 days at final destination.

1. You don’t have to get to tested for Covid.

They don’t even cared your vaccination card. Lol.

2. Book your hotel for 10days/9 nights

3. You can get metered taxi as well. More cheaper based on my experience. 
4. Registered to Traze app ( but most of us didn’t asked for it) 

5. Face shield is optional during flight but required upon arriving at MNL airport. 
6. News are exaggerated but better be careful. 
7. Final 4 days actually optional. It’s just for formality.

Note:  Don’t stress too much all process from airport to Philippines are smooth. 

You don’t have to print out everything, save files or take screenshots on your phone is fine. 

They always ask for your One Health Pass (OHP) qr code. 

Safe travels!

Edited by Jenny15

Rickie & Jenny

03/17/13 - Met online dating site
09/19/13 - Met in person
09/20/13 - Got engage wub.png

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/05/13 - Packet review ( priority date)
11/09/13 - NOA1 received
11/13/13 - Alien no. changed
11/20/13 - Petition Approved!!! dancin5hr.gif
11/25/13 - NOA2 (hard copy) received

12/18/2013 - Got our case number kicking.gif

12/26/2013 - Consulate received

01/02/2014 - Medical

01/06/2014 - Interview (Approved!!!)rofl.gif

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

1/20/2014 -VISA ON HAND dancin5hr.gif

03/09/2014 - Vancouver, CA

03/18/2014 - Wedding :dance:

03/25/2014 - Got SSN (married name)

05/15/2014 - Got State ID (married name)

05/30/2014 - Sent AOS Packet

06/03/2014 - NOA1

07/03/2014 - Bio metric Sched.

Timeline

Oh I know alot of it is overkill, but what the wife wants, the wife gets.  It makes her happy to be overprepared.  She has digital of everything as well as hard copies.  She wants a test before she travels, they are no cost, so she gets one.  5 more days and she is wheels up, I have told her to relax, but that is just not her way.  Everyday she is doing more research, getting her to stop is like trying to stop the tide, so I just ride it out, lol.

11 minutes ago, aratamorne said:

Oh I know alot of it is overkill, but what the wife wants, the wife gets.  It makes her happy to be overprepared.  She has digital of everything as well as hard copies.  She wants a test before she travels, they are no cost, so she gets one.  5 more days and she is wheels up, I have told her to relax, but that is just not her way.  Everyday she is doing more research, getting her to stop is like trying to stop the tide, so I just ride it out, lol.

Couldn’t blame your wife..I do the same 😂. My motto is it’s better to be over prepared than sorry! I honestly don’t like the way Phils. is doing with their protocols because of too much documents, apps, etc…and changes every week! 🥴
We are complete with our documents, including printing our covid vaccine records online. LOL.
The only concern I am having is how prompt they are in giving the swab test result. Many are complaining they are delayed. We need that to fly back to the province so we are not booking our domestic flight until we have the result. 

Then we have this S-Pass that we have to create in order to be accepted in the province.The online site looks cool, but also delayed in transmitting results, like travel coordination permit and barangay acceptance letter whatever…  The only hope I have is these will all be eliminated by the time our trip comes. 

We do hope they would not be putting US on the red list country next month. It’s nerve wrecking! 😵💫🥴

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.