London Rain

Adjustment of Status package assembly PLEASE HELP (merged)

16 posts in this topic

I will be filing my AOS next week after my medical , here is a list of the documents I have included in my application , please could anyone advise if this is correct or if I need to include anything else? Each form and supporting documents has a separate labeled plastic button file bag and all folders will be clipped together in one large envelope , because I like organization . Thanking you in advance

I-485 folder

1. Form G-1145: E-notification of application / petition acceptance

2. Filing Fee Payment check : $1225.00 (Form I-485 application fee and Biometric    service fee of $85 included).

3.  2 x Recent passport -style color photographs (beneficiary)

4. Form I-485 : Application for Adjustment of Status

5. Copy of Receipt, Form I-130 Petition For Alien Relative filed online

6. Copy of Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate

7. Copy of Beneficiary’s passport page (biographical page and entry stamps)

8. Copy of Beneficiary’s Non-immigrant visa  (B2)

9. Copy of Electronic Form I-94

10. Copy of Marriage Certificate

I-693 folder

1. Sealed medical report

I-864 folder

1. Affidavit of Support form

2.  Copies of Federal Tax Return Transcripts and W2 for Tax year 2018

3.  Copies of Federal Tax Return Transcripts and W2 for Tax year 2019

4.  Copies of Federal Tax Returns Transcripts and W2 for Tax year 2020

5. Paystubs from the last 6 months

6. Copy of Birth Certificate - US sponsor 

I-765 folder

1. Form G-1145: E-notification of application / petition acceptance

2. 2 x Recent passport -style color photographs (beneficiary)

3. Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

4. Copy of Electronic Form I-94

5. Copy of Beneficiary’s passport page (biographical page and entry stamps)

I-131 folder

6. Form G-1145: E-notification of application / petition acceptance

7. 2 x Recent passport -style color photographs (beneficiary)

8. Copy of Electronic Form I-94

9. Copy of Beneficiary’s passport page (biographical page and entry stamps)

10. Copy of Beneficiary’s Non-immigrant Visa (B2)

11. Copy of Beneficiary's Birth Certificate

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You are as good as lawyer, only few things IMHO are missing,like joint bank account  ,joint residential  lease, anything  which shows you living together  etc etc.

7 hours ago, Nasirlahore said:

You are as good as lawyer, only few things IMHO are missing,like joint bank account  ,joint residential  lease, anything  which shows you living together  etc etc.

Thank you , I  uploaded all documents like bank statements , leases etc, etc online when I filed my i-130 online as part of evidence to prove a Bona fide marriage, so that's already been submitted. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take them out of the plastic bags

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips

USCIS says:

• In preparing your packet, remember:
    • Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
    • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
    • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
    • Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
    • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
    • Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary.
    • Send single-sided copies of your supporting documentation.

8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Take them out of the plastic bags

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips

USCIS says:

• In preparing your packet, remember:
    • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
    • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
    • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
    • Send single-sided copies of your supporting documentation.

Thank you , this is the folder I have , they're see through plastic with a pull open button 

20210918_123030.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

That file looks good. Really smart since its spill proof. Ours was 3 Manilla folders rubber banded together with slightly bigger clips than yours. Just remember to put tabs on the bottom (if you have any). Our USCIS officer liked our presentation so as long as the contents are organized in a way that makes sense, you should be golden!

Good luck Lorin123! 🙂

14 minutes ago, crickets said:

That file looks good. Really smart since its spill proof. Ours was 3 Manilla folders rubber banded together with slightly bigger clips than yours. Just remember to put tabs on the bottom (if you have any). Our USCIS officer liked our presentation so as long as the contents are organized in a way that makes sense, you should be golden!

Good luck Lorin123! 🙂

@crickets thank you so much , for me it's easier to organize in separate folders and at least nothing will get lost , plus they are easy to open and just take the forms out . I will put tabs on the bottoms of each documents too. Thank you again 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lorin123 said:

Thank you , this is the folder I have , they're see through plastic with a pull open button 

20210918_123030.jpg

NO   they ask u not to put in folders /read the site //  an immigration officer has to remove all these to scan into the computer 

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

NO   they ask u not to put in folders /read the site //  an immigration officer has to remove all these to scan into the computer 

What do I need to use instead to insure nothing falls out ?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lorin123 said:

What do I need to use instead to insure nothing falls out ?

5 hours ago, Lorin123 said:

@crickets thank you so much , for me it's easier to organize in separate folders and at least nothing will get lost , plus they are easy to open and just take the forms out . I will put tabs on the bottoms of each documents too. Thank you again 

no its not easy USCIS asks us not to put in binders (plastc covers are binders of a sort)

Edited by JeanneAdil

Can someone please advise me , I am putting together my AOS packet , since I'm filing concurrently I thought it would be easier to place each form, together with all it's supporting documents into separate clear labeled plastic button folders (see attached photo), each form has its own cover letter together with a main cover letter for the complete packet. Holes are punched at the top of all the forms and supporting documents.  I have seen a couple videos on YouTube where people put each form in separate manilla envelops, which were labeled  , my folders are easier access than a manilla envelope. In my other post someone said do not put the forms in folders , someone else said they'd used manilla folders , can someone please advise. Thank you 

20210918_123030.jpg

• Ontarkie changed the title to Adjustment of Status package assembly PLEASE HELP (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three threads merged together. Please do not start a new thread for every question. It is best to keep related questions to one thread. It is also considered spamming when starting more than one thread for the same or related topic. Please do not do that.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Which items might fall out? For pictures, just print them out on regular printer/copy paper.

I mean forms or supporting documents

7 minutes ago, Lorin123 said:

I mean forms or supporting documents

The clear folder is not needed. You could do something like the following and add rubber bands:

all_forms_scaled.jpg

Separate as follows:

• I-485 with I-130 receipt notice copy, I-864 and supporting documents, sealed I-693, electronic I-94 copy, filing fees, etc. I-485 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this group;
  • I-765 with electronic I-94 copy, etc.; and
  • I-131 with electronic I-94 copy, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.