EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
20 hours ago, AAKA said:

Thanks everyone got Naturalization certificate on 02.23.2023 . The long US Visa Journey ends here with a positive hope to look towards the future.

Congratulations!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
4 hours ago, ET9709 said:

Filed i-751 Sept 3, 2021 and N400 Oct 7, 2022. Last updates were I-751 case was transferred and fingerprints reused. I got a notification from the US post office today that I am getting a letter from USCIS but there has been no case status update online. I’m hoping it’s an N400 interview scheduled and it just hasn’t been updated online yet.

Mail just arrived. It was for the ROC, another extension of my green card for 48 months from the expiration date. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

I think uscis tried to send me the 48 month extension letter but then this happened. I did change my address a month ago. Has this happened to anyone? I already filled out to get the e-request. 

2B14BE96-256D-47C6-9F43-81886F9C7B6B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't received my 48months extension letter yet. But at this point, we've been waiting for 18 months, so we must be at the cusp of hearing something soon? I already did my N400 interview, but that couldn't be approved because this is still pending and Nebraska never sent my A-file to my local office. It's been over 30 days since my interview, so at this point I assume I have higher chances of this getting approved first. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think this is an issue for anyone with their I-751 at LIN. 

At my N-400 interview yesterday in Minneapolis my IO said it's taking anywhere from 2-6 weeks after the interview to get the A-files from Nebraska, and then it takes up to a week for the local office to do a review, but (at least in my office) they will approve them together. Hopefully you'll hear in the next few days.

3 hours ago, AffableAndy said:

I think this is an issue for anyone with their I-751 at LIN. 

At my N-400 interview yesterday in Minneapolis my IO said it's taking anywhere from 2-6 weeks after the interview to get the A-files from Nebraska, and then it takes up to a week for the local office to do a review, but (at least in my office) they will approve them together. Hopefully you'll hear in the next few days.

I’m at the tail end of that 2-6 weeks bracket. My N40p interview was 31 days ago. My I-751 has also been pending for around 544 days, nearly 500 days since fingerprints were applied. Going by when other people had theirs approved, it seems like it’s only a matter of time for many September 2021 filers. That said, it would be amazing if Nebraska just sent my file over to Philly and my local office was able to adjudicate both right away.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 3/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, phillyfiler13 said:

I’m at the tail end of that 2-6 weeks bracket. My N40p interview was 31 days ago. My I-751 has also been pending for around 544 days, nearly 500 days since fingerprints were applied. Going by when other people had theirs approved, it seems like it’s only a matter of time for many September 2021 filers. That said, it would be amazing if Nebraska just sent my file over to Philly and my local office was able to adjudicate both right away.

This is an issue with Nebraska and it seems that   they are not taking any actions to correct that situation.  The officer that conducted my interview mentioned that in some cases they even have to contact supervisors in Nebraska so something is done about it. In some cases, they have lost the physical files. 

So we had not received our new 48 month extension letter and we kind of wanted it. Our original 24 month was showing its age and becoming difficult to read. Decided to submit a case inquiry about 10 days ago. Then just yesterday got a text message from USCIS. Our card was in production. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.  Happy either way. Sep 9 2019 filer at LIN. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.