Owais1

Filing for bringing my mom to usa

18 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I am looking to call my mom over to usa, since covid she is all alone, now I saw online I need to file form called I 130 and it is asking for 2 evidence 1 birth certificate and my usa passport, is that all I need or do I need more supporting documents? Like it does not even tell me if they need my mother passport copy pictures etc? What am I missing here. Thanks in advance. And also any idea of time frame for the processing.

4 minutes ago, Owais1 said:

Like it does not even tell me if they need my mother passport copy pictures etc? What am I missing here.

More info from your mother is submitted after I-130 is approved and the case is at NVChttps://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

21 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Hrqx, thankyou so right now I just submit my translated birth certificate and passport with i 130 form. No other documents? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

PLEASE PLEASE 

do a timeline for your profile

I see you had naturalization interview cancelled

Did  u ever have the interview and the oath ceremony

filing for her won't help now for the covid as it going to take 18 months to a year to get to interview stage

check the word guides above and learn the complete process 

4 minutes ago, Owais1 said:

Hrqx, thankyou so right now I just submit my translated birth certificate and passport with i 130 form.

That is correct. Just the:

• I-130 form
  • scan of your original birth certificate
  • an English translation of your birth certificate
  • your US passport (or your naturalization certificate)

See the "If you are a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old, and your… mother lives outside the United States" row: https://www.visajourney.com/guides/us-immigration-guide-for-parents/

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

PLEASE PLEASE 

do a timeline for your profile

I see you had naturalization interview cancelled

Did  u ever have the interview and the oath ceremony

filing for her won't help now for the covid as it going to take 18 months to a year to get to interview stage

check the word guides above and learn the complete process 

Yes I did, actually it got rescheduled and I had my interview and my oath ceremony done as well. How do I do timeline. Oh 3 years? I heard it is taking 1 year or so for parent GC or the initial visa... ? Where can I find timelines?

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

• I-130 form

See the "If you are a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old, and your… mother lives outside the United States" row: https://www.visajourney.com/guides/us-immigration-guide-for-parents/

Thank you I shall do that. Hm looking at other comment , does it help speed up process since me and my wife just had a baby and I cannot take care of both since she fell to unfortunate handling of her delivery and now is limited to mobility.... does a doctor letter help if I request one? Or they do not consider it as a urgent circumstance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Owais1 said:

Thank you I shall do that. Hm looking at other comment , does it help speed up process since me and my wife just had a baby and I cannot take care of both since she fell to unfortunate handling of her delivery and now is limited to mobility.... does a doctor letter help if I request one? Or they do not consider it as a urgent circumstance 

No those things will not make the process quicker

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 7:58 PM, HRQX said:

• I-130 form

Thank you I am filling it online the form and I stumbled across one question asking was the benfiecery ever in the us, the answer is yes. But my mom came to usa 34  years ago multiple time as a flight attendant and she does not have any documentation from that long ago... how to proceed 

2 hours ago, Owais1 said:

filling it online

Could you share screenshots or just copy the exact wording of that page and the subsequent pages so that I could compare it to the paper application wording?

2 hours ago, Owais1 said:

the answer is yes.

That question would be marked "Yes." If there are other fields that ask for Class of Admission or dates, etc. leave those fields blank since she isn't "currently in the United States." https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130.pdf

25 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Could you share screenshots or just copy the exact wording of that page and the subsequent pages so that I could compare it to the paper application wording?

That question would be marked "Yes." If there are other fields that ask for Class of Admission or dates, etc. leave those fields blank since she isn't "currently in the United States." https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130.pdf

Thanks this helps. Online form is so different to paper form but this helps with other questions to. You are the best man!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, Owais1 said:

Thanks this helps. Online form is so different to paper form but this helps with other questions to. You are the best man!!

Ok i will share the pics of online form, also what does this mean like. My mom can speak English and write English. Her name on passport is English Do they still want it in native language ? 16325075820123614971868734075566.thumb.jpg.e8faa234d7361a4816a0415bae396b10.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.