hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did N-400 interview May 6th at Baltimore office and got approved on spot. Oath ceremony was scheduled for May 9th, immediately after the interview. 

Officially a US citizen!

Good luck to you all!

My wife and I had our interviews this morning at the Fairfax, VA office. We both passed and are now placed inline for the oath ceremony. Here are the questions I was asked:

1) What ocean is on the west coast?

2) What are the first 10 amendments called?

3) What is the capital?

4) What war was Eisenhower a general in?

5) Name on state that borders Canada

6) One right for everyone living in the US

Then we updated the N400 form with changes and additional travel since the application was filed. Done in 15 mins. Here is the timeline:

Applied: 8/3/21

Biometric: Reused

Interview scheduled on 4/13 for 5/14

Waiting for Oath.

Good luck to all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Interview done today in San Jose office. Did the civics first, followed by English test then went through the application. Questions asked:

1. Name 3 of the original 13 colonies.
2. What was the US main concern during the Cold War.
3. In what month do we vote for the president?
4. What is the highest court in the US?
5. What is one right only for a US citizen?
6.  What is the name of the national anthem?

My application went very smoothly and was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi , 

N-400 Interview done July 21, 2021 Baltimore Field Office , Passed the interview, but because I requested a name change in the N-400 form I have to wait for an oath ceremony presided by a federal Judge . First I thought it was gonna take 3 months but then three months passed nothing happened ,then I said maybe because of the pandemic and all that it might take little bit longer maximum 6 or even 9 months ! It's been already 9 months and nothing yet ! 

Anybody experienced something similar ? 

Hi,

Had the interview on 19 May at the San Jose office. We took originals of all documents we had submitted with the application. They were not asked for.

Civics, reading and writing test first. Then the officer went through the application. My husband has a couple of 'complications' in his past, which naturally take more time to go through. The officer referenced our original application I 485 for a few questions - again not surprised because of his past. The officer was friendly and wanted to put him at ease. She asked to see photos of us together on his phone. He spent about 45-50 minutes in there and was not approved right away. She said she had to follow up on something and have her supervisor look it over. She said he needn't look nervous. I was disappointed we didn't find out right away and have been checking the website continuously! Today, May 24, we got a notice that he has been approved and has been scheduled for the Oath Ceremony!

So many emotions! I can't believe it - finally!

Thank you to this forum for being a place to learn from others and feel the support of others going through the same thing.

Fiona

I-751 Sent: 8/10/2020

NOA Date: 8/24/2020

Case Transferred to NBC: 1/6/2021

Fingerprints Applied: 1/22/2021

10 hours ago, Fc1 said:

May 24, we got a notice that he has been approved and has been scheduled for the Oath Ceremony!

And another one bites the dust! Congratulations to both of you, long hard journey.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We finally received notice for Oath Ceremony upcoming this month, all of you have been wonderful and it was certainly a experience to go through this immigration journey!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oath Ceremony was today! 

20220625_134032.jpg

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

• 2 weeks later...

Oath Ceremony scheduled for July 15 in San Jose! What a journey! Thanks everyone.

I-751 Sent: 8/10/2020

NOA Date: 8/24/2020

Case Transferred to NBC: 1/6/2021

Fingerprints Applied: 1/22/2021

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.