Natachito

Booking medical and interview (split)

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,our case is ready at the embassy ,received instructions to book medical and schedule interview ,which one you book first,would like to know your experience regarding this part,Im not sure if  I have to wait for ds260 to be unlocked as I need to update passport information after getting a renewal ,thanks for all your help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post split off to its own thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
22 hours ago, Natachito said:

Hi everyone,our case is ready at the embassy ,received instructions to book medical and schedule interview ,which one you book first,would like to know your experience regarding this part,Im not sure if  I have to wait for ds260 to be unlocked as I need to update passport information after getting a renewal ,thanks for all your help 

I would first make sure I had everything needed for the medical in hand such as police certificate, immunizations, summary care record, etc, etc. 

Once you have that in hand, I suggest find an interview date first. Since all the covid changes, there was a lot of times that no appointments showed up on the calendar. Not sure what the current situation is.  Secure an interview appointment then call to make your medical appointment about 7-10 days (at least) before the interview. 

Fix your Ds-260 anytime before the interview. 

Visa Medicals website with list of what to bring to appointment https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

I would first make sure I had everything needed for the medical in hand such as police certificate, immunizations, summary care record, etc, etc. 

Once you have that in hand, I suggest find an interview date first. Since all the covid changes, there was a lot of times that no appointments showed up on the calendar. Not sure what the current situation is.  Secure an interview appointment then call to make your medical appointment about 7-10 days (at least) before the interview. 

Fix your Ds-260 anytime before the interview. 

Visa Medicals website with list of what to bring to appointment https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

Thank you for your help ,I’m waiting for the police certificate,got the summary last week ,could I create the profile for the interview without selecting any date yet ? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Natachito said:

Thank you for your help ,I’m waiting for the police certificate,got the summary last week ,could I create the profile for the interview without selecting any date yet ? 

I don’t know what you mean. Do you mean create the login for interview? Yes.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Natachito said:

Yes that’s right….thank you 

What kind of availability do you see? People always want to know

Edited by Wuozopo

Hi,I requested my summary from my GP and the print out has a couple of words marked out,I asked them why? The answer is that it contains third party information,someone else’s name is on it or the information is irrelevant to me or anyone ,it’s against the law that I can see this info,that the panel should be used to this.So my question is has anyone here had a similar experience about having information marked out from their summaries and did this represent a problem when having the medical ? I’m waiting on my police record that should arrive tomorrow and then I should be ready to book my interview and medical …though this summary is getting me all worried 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good luck getting a time / date Natachito. I was looking in late May after I had an email saying things were slowly reopening. It was almost as if the system was still getting back up to speed after the lockdown but unless it has recovered I would really recommend checking at all kinds of random points in the day if you aren't already. You never know when slots are going to open up. It was something like two hours between my "nothing" and having three dates. 

All at 9:30 only so that might help you to prepare, maybe stay nearby overnight or whatever. 

Edited by Tristesse

1 minute ago, Tristesse said:

Good luck getting a time / date Natachito. I was looking in late May after I had an email saying things were slowly reopening. It was almost as if the system was still getting back up to speed after the lockdown but unless it has recovered I would really recommend checking at all kinds of random points in the day if you aren't already. You never know when slots are going to open up. 

Thanks@Tristesse I’m constantly checking nothing so far ,I got everything ready (PC,summary ,etc) I’m thinking if I should go ahead and book medical 🤔

Timeline

I think it depends on how soon you can travel. Your visa will expire six months from the date of the medical, not the interview, so there was that to bear in mind. Some people might choose to just do it and others want the certainty (especially now) of a date for the embassy before shelling out almost £400.

Although I did get a plaster after my blood test which is more than NHS Scotland gives you after needles 🙄

Timeline

Oh also they are really flexible in mine and I think others' experience and it should be pretty easy to book and / or rearrange if needed around your embassy date when you have one. I arrived two hours early and they let me in when I arrived. So no worries on that score. 

8 minutes ago, Tristesse said:

Oh also they are really flexible in mine and I think others' experience and it should be pretty easy to book and / or rearrange if needed around your embassy date when you have one. I arrived two hours early and they let me in when I arrived. So no worries on that score. 

Thanks a lot ,I will take all this information into consideration,hopefully won’t be too long till I can book a date 🤞🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.