PIRuby

Multiple I864s for wife and 4 kids: help

12 posts in this topic

OK, This is Ruby's MIL and I am doing the I864s. I thought I was fairly smart until I tried doing these.  So I need to fill 1 out for each person, but what should family size be on each? Counting me, as I will be living with them, household size is 7. I also will do an I864a for each of them, as my son's income may drop upon return to the states from an overseas job. Which brings up another problem, most of my son's income is tax-free so his adjusted gross is often  0 how is this explained? Gracias

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, PIRuby said:

OK, This is Ruby's MIL and I am doing the I864s. I thought I was fairly smart until I tried doing these.  So I need to fill 1 out for each person, but what should family size be on each? Counting me, as I will be living with them, household size is 7. I also will do an I864a for each of them, as my son's income may drop upon return to the states from an overseas job. Which brings up another problem, most of my son's income is tax-free so his adjusted gross is often  0 how is this explained? Gracias

Total income is reported not adjusted gross income (unless filed 1040EZ). 

YMMV

19 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

If he was a USC he would have still filed US tax returns with a Form 2555 to exclude the foreign income

the IRS transcripts show this

Yes they do, and what I am reading is that NVC totally discounts foreign earned income. Therefore, I will remain with my daughter and we will be able to combine our income and joint sponsor him. S she will file I864 and I will file 864A, is that correct? So we will need enough jointly (same household) to support 10 people. My son (petitioner) his wife, 4 step children, me, my daughter, and her 2 children   10/ 67,175

OK can someone tell me how to fill them all out,  3 of us , filling  5 each  separately for each child and wife.

Edited by PIRuby

18 hours ago, PIRuby said:

Yes they do, and what I am reading is that NVC totally discounts foreign earned income. Therefore, I will remain with my daughter and we will be able to combine our income and joint sponsor him. S she will file I864 and I will file 864A, is that correct? So we will need enough jointly (same household) to support 10 people. My son (petitioner) his wife, 4 step children, me, my daughter, and her 2 children   10/ 67,175

OK can someone tell me how to fill them all out,  3 of us , filling  5 each  separately for each child and wife.

OK Now, someone here must have had more than 1 child and can help me with the I864's  Please help me so I can get these in.  Also Is Ruby going to need the originals and we will have to mail them to her?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
22 hours ago, PIRuby said:

So, you and your daughter are combining income?  Do you NEED to combine income to qualify?  

Proper procedure is for the Petitioner to act as primary sponsor and YOU to act as joint sponsor.  It appears you haven't even started to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions.  Doing so, will be critical to your ultimate success.

How to do it and complete the forms depends on your exact circumstances, but is clearly explained in the step by step instructions you haven't studied yet.  Nobody here is going to rewrite those instructions for you.  After your homework, come back and ask specific questions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

17 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

So, you and your daughter are combining income?  Do you NEED to combine income to qualify?  

Proper procedure is for the Petitioner to act as primary sponsor and YOU to act as joint sponsor.  It appears you haven't even started to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions.  Doing so, will be critical to your ultimate success.

How to do it and complete the forms depends on your exact circumstances, but is clearly explained in the step by step instructions you haven't studied yet.  Nobody here is going to rewrite those instructions for you.  After your homework, come back and ask specific questions.

Sir, I feel you were a bit snarky it your answer to me. I have read the directions several times over and all they do is confuse me. How do they count household size? It looks like several different household sizes and that makes no sense. Shouldn't we be a household of 10? 

Yes we need to combine for HH of 10. She is at $54,500 and I am at 33,000 retirement. The requirement for 10 is $66,???.

So do we combine or do we each sponsor only several family members? Each child has their own I864 as does the wife. So for each person there should be 2 I864s and 1 I864a.  So I understand that much, It is accounting for family members on the form that I just do not understand.

Timeline
2 hours ago, PIRuby said:

Sir, I feel you were a bit snarky it your answer to me. I have read the directions several times over and all they do is confuse me. How do they count household size? It looks like several different household sizes and that makes no sense. Shouldn't we be a household of 10? 

Yes we need to combine for HH of 10. She is at $54,500 and I am at 33,000 retirement. The requirement for 10 is $66,???.

So do we combine or do we each sponsor only several family members? Each child has their own I864 as does the wife. So for each person there should be 2 I864s and 1 I864a.  So I understand that much, It is accounting for family members on the form that I just do not understand.

Please explain who the ten people are.

The form itself adds up the household size correctly if you are entering the numbers correctly.  What is the exact problem you are having?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The form itself adds up the household size correctly if you are entering the numbers correctly.  What is the exact problem you are having?

OK 2 households. 1. Son(petitioner), wife (immigrant), 4 kids also immigrating . Son is Sponsor I864, but his $100,000 a year will not count.

2. My daughter (joint sponsor I864), 2 kids,(her dependents), ME (I864a) HH member but not a dependent.

It is mostly figuring out where the kids go, I think. I mean where does the total of 10 show?

Timeline
2 hours ago, PIRuby said:

OK 2 households. 1. Son(petitioner), wife (immigrant), 4 kids also immigrating . Son is Sponsor I864, but his $100,000 a year will not count.

2. My daughter (joint sponsor I864), 2 kids,(her dependents), ME (I864a) HH member but not a dependent.

It is mostly figuring out where the kids go, I think. I mean where does the total of 10 show?

The joint sponsor's household size on each affidavit will include her, her 2 kids, you, and 1 intending immigrant, so a household of 5.  Your son is not part of the joint sponsor's household.  The Consular Officer will apply the correct total household size of 8.  Only 1 immigrant will be sponsored on each affidavit.  The other three children have not yet been sponsored and are not yet the joint sponsor's dependents.

Your son's affidavits will each show HIS household of 6, because all four children ARE already HIS dependents.  

No affidavit will show a household of 10.  That number in your head is probably what's trumping the instructions you are reading and confusing you.  Don't let it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

The joint sponsor's household size on each affidavit will include her, her 2 kids, you, and 1 intending immigrant, so a household of 5.  Your son is not part of the joint sponsor's household.  The Consular Officer will apply the correct total household size of 8.  Only 1 immigrant will be sponsored on each affidavit.  The other three children have not yet been sponsored and are not yet the joint sponsor's dependents.

Your son's affidavits will each show HIS household of 6, because all four children ARE already HIS dependents.  

No affidavit will show a household of 10.  That number in your head is probably what's trumping the instructions you are reading and confusing you.  Don't let it.

You are awesome, Gracias, thinking in Spanish sometimes screws me up too.  So Mine is the I864a it will liat 1 child and me, because daughter and her kids are not my dependents?

Timeline
7 hours ago, PIRuby said:

You are awesome, Gracias, thinking in Spanish sometimes screws me up too.  So Mine is the I864a it will liat 1 child and me, because daughter and her kids are not my dependents?

Household size is not mentioned on the I-864a.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.