8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello!

I would like to share my experience with the group about my recent expedite request for a work permit (EAD).

Short story. I arrived in May based on a K1-Visa.  I submitted my packet for AOS/EAD on June 16th. I asked for an expedite trough Senator's Bennet office for my EAD (I-765) on Monday July 12th. Today the immigration's Liaison from their office called me to inform me that USCIS set up a biometrics appointment for me for August 16th. She mentioned that it was slight weird  that they got back so fast to her and that they set my biometrics. 
The reason to expedite, was due to waiting to get a K1-visa since 2019 (had to wait over a year until they restarted K1's), and the fact that I was already working for a US company (as a contractor outside of the US), and my work is related with vehicle critical safety systems (it's a very specific area where I'm the only one working on it for the company). 

I don't think they approved the expedite. I think they just moved the biometrics for me and then they will read the expedite request, because on the email that I received they request to resend the expedite letter after the biometrics. 

Hope this helps!

Full stop.

You are already working illegally while your two feet and your heartbeat are located on US soil regardless of where the work is taking place WITHOUT work authorization?

And you told a US immigration government liason officer that?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

You are miss understanding. I was working for a US company before moving to the US. I was working outside the US (working from my home country). There is nothing illegal here. Once I got my K1 visa I moved to the US, however because I moved to the US I had to stop my work, hence why I'm asking for the expedite.

Hope it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Mario001 said:

Hope it makes sense.

Does now.

Didn't then with your use of present tense.

I765 Expedites are applied for by calling USCIS after Noa1 and pleading your case.

They will ask for proof of reason in document form if they think your request is reasonable and then they will decide based on your documents.

I don't think you were approved either as none of that took place.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

15 hours ago, Mario001 said:

I think they just moved the biometrics for me and then they will read the expedite request, because on the email that I received they request to resend the expedite letter after the biometrics.

Even so, it's still great news that you got a biometrics appointment so quickly.  There are folks here who have been waiting close to a year just for biometrics.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mario001 said:

Hello!

I would like to share my experience with the group about my recent expedite request for a work permit (EAD).

Short story. I arrived in May based on a K1-Visa.  I submitted my packet for AOS/EAD on June 16th. I asked for an expedite trough Senator's Bennet office for my EAD (I-765) on Monday July 12th. Today the immigration's Liaison from their office called me to inform me that USCIS set up a biometrics appointment for me for August 16th. She mentioned that it was slight weird  that they got back so fast to her and that they set my biometrics. 
The reason to expedite, was due to waiting to get a K1-visa since 2019 (had to wait over a year until they restarted K1's), and the fact that I was already working for a US company (as a contractor outside of the US), and my work is related with vehicle critical safety systems (it's a very specific area where I'm the only one working on it for the company). 

I don't think they approved the expedite. I think they just moved the biometrics for me and then they will read the expedite request, because on the email that I received they request to resend the expedite letter after the biometrics. 

Hope this helps!

You can't get a EAD issued without biometrics, therefore, you can't request to expedite it if your biometrics haven't been done yet. So after biometrics are done, you can request to expedite it again.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
11 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Does now.

Didn't then with your use of present tense.

I765 Expedites are applied for by calling USCIS after Noa1 and pleading your case.

They will ask for proof of reason in document form if they think your request is reasonable and then they will decide based on your documents.

I don't think you were approved either as none of that took place.

Yeah sorry about the confusion! Was not trying to misled anyone! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ayrton said:

You can't get a EAD issued without biometrics, therefore, you can't request to expedite it if your biometrics haven't been done yet. So after biometrics are done, you can request to expedite it again.

Thanks for the input! Yeah I realized! Well I'm very lucky that they were able to set me up with a biometrics appointment. After I get that I'll send my expedite request!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.