pratty

K1 visa status (merged)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1 hour ago, pratty said:

document was mailed ? 

i got this after NOA1

What do you mean by this?  Was this a text, another letter,...?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

First remain calm Its a long painful process. Getting extra worked up just makes it worse, be like water and go with the flow. Trust me your going crazy we all do, being a better calmer you is super important right now.

I will tell you what that status really meant for us but it may be something different for you keep that in mind.

we got that document mailed notice which actually meant they had sent us a document that was “returned to sender” (why they dont just say that!!!?….) because my attorney had messed up our street address in the application 1789 instead of 1879. You need to go review the copy of your sent application make sure the address is where you actually live.

if indeed you need to update your address with them thats your next step. Bad news/goodnews now your already delayed, added 6 months for us and we were the last of our cohorts approvals. Good news its nothing bad in terms of if your actually approved in the end. 
stay calm, flow like water with the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, pratty said:

document was mailed ? 

i got this after NOA1

help!!

They have the wrong address for you from your application, go check your copy of the application. “Document was mailed” status actually meant mail was returned to uscis as undelivered in our case. Our street address had some inversed numbers due to sloppy work typing by our attorney. You need to update the address with uscis to end this delay.

• Ontarkie changed the title to K1 visa status (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please only post one thread for the same or similar topic~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, pratty said:

Sorry , how to delete ? 

You do not need to. I put them together.:)

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

3 hours ago, NateAndJessica said:

They have the wrong address for you from your application, go check your copy of the application. “Document was mailed” status actually meant mail was returned to uscis as undelivered in our case. Our street address had some inversed numbers due to sloppy work typing by our attorney. You need to update the address with uscis to end this delay.

Thankyou , you are right dear !! our mailing address wasn’t correct !! so we wasn’t able to collect our NOA1 from mailbox , and USCIS got that notice letter back , that’s why they are saying ‘Document was Mailed’

5 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

You do not need to. I put them together.:)

Thankyou 🥰

Timeline
5 hours ago, pratty said:

Thankyou , you are right dear !! our mailing address wasn’t correct !! so we wasn’t able to collect our NOA1 from mailbox , and USCIS got that notice letter back , that’s why they are saying ‘Document was Mailed’

Thankyou 🥰

Did you use a lawyer or visa service, or did you do the I-129F yourself?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, pratty said:

lawyer !! 

I'm sorry that you have to experience some undue stress and strain.  For strait forward cases lawyers seem to hinder more than they help.   At least, judging by the posts here.  But then again, people post when they have problems and rarely post when things go swimmingly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.