ziggy406

the marriage process

16 posts in this topic

we are planning to get married once the borders open up...was wondering if you guys could give us a complete guide w/prices and time frames.. to get married in manila......thank you

Edited by ziggy406

33 minutes ago, ziggy406 said:

we are planning to get married once the borders open up...was wondering if you guys could give us a complete guide w/prices and time frames.. to get married in manila......thank you

I think i spent like 20k pesos for paperwork n food for wedding in Antique, took us almost 2 months for process but that was fast track cause mother-in-law know city and government people along with the mayor personally, other wise they say it could take 3 to 4 months in antique alone. I had to fly back here to USA 1 week after we got married. Been 2.5 yrs now with out seeing her.

2 hours ago, ziggy406 said:

to get married in manila......thank you

Instead of marrying through the local PH system you should both be physically together (anywhere in the world) and the marriage officiant be in Utah. See the following thread:

It's faster and cheaper than marrying through the local PH system.

3 hours ago, HRQX said:

Instead of marrying through the local PH system you should both be physically together (anywhere in the world) and the marriage officiant be in Utah. See the following thread:

It's faster and cheaper than marrying through the local PH system.

so your saying i can do a zoom wedding in the philippines, threw the state of utah...?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ziggy406 said:

so your saying i can do a zoom wedding in the philippines, threw the state of utah...?

That's what is being said.  The only requirement is one party (groom, bride, officiant) must be in Utah during the ceremony. 

YMMV

3 minutes ago, ziggy406 said:

Yes. The US Department of State obviously accepts that marriage as shown in the thread I shared.

Later, if you want, a Report of Marriage can be done at the San Francisco Consulate (I see that your profile says Bozeman, MT) https://pcgsanfrancisco.org/civil-registry/

wow .....thank you...i am assuming i can get sealed paper  copy of it when i return home..correct?

Edited by ziggy406

so i just email the county clerk and fly over there with the marriage lic. in hand...awesome.....thank you ...thank you....

and get a paper copy from utah as well...i would guess...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, HRQX said:

Yes. The US Department of State obviously accepts that marriage as shown in the thread I shared.

Later, if you want, a Report of Marriage can be done at the San Francisco Consulate (I see that your profile says Bozeman, MT) https://pcgsanfrancisco.org/civil-registry/

In this situation, Montana is irrelevant.  The ROM would be filled at the consulate having jurisdiction over the location the event occurred,  which would be Utah. Still ends up being SFO.

YMMV

13 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I think i spent like 20k pesos for paperwork n food for wedding in Antique, took us almost 2 months for process but that was fast track cause mother-in-law know city and government people along with the mayor personally, other wise they say it could take 3 to 4 months in antique alone. I had to fly back here to USA 1 week after we got married. Been 2.5 yrs now with out seeing her.

Dang, that's a tough thing to deal with

5 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Dang, that's a tough thing to deal with

I know only been able to see her via video, it has sucked, she has interview at 6:30am manila time in morning.

19 hours ago, ziggy406 said:

There is only one way to know exactly what is required where she lives because there is no national standardization, it is based on each locality. She would need to go the her LCR (Local Civil Registry) to get the requirements. I am pretty sure that one thing that is standardized is that you must wait 2 weeks from application of Marriage certificate to receiving it. After that you can get married. I went for 3 weeks in order to have our wedding. Price is up to you. The actual process of getting married is very inexpensive. But you will of course need to have a reception/party. I don't even remember what I spent for ours, but somewhere between 1-2k USD. We had 2 pigs (one for lechon) and about 30 chickens for our party. I paid caterers that provided and set up the tents, tables, and chairs, decorated the entire area, and served the food that was prepared by family members and neighbors. Also, you will need to rent a videoke. This is a must for any party in the Philippines 🤣🤣

For your situation an online wedding would work, but I believe you still need to meet in person after the marriage before filing the spousal visa. When you do go, you still need to give your wife and her family a reception/party in my opinion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.