JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
11 minutes ago, neto-66 said:

I saw that a few of you had a September 28th interview. Any approvals or visas received yet?

Trying to get an idea of the turnaround between interview and visa in hand to prepare for our interview in 2 weeks.

Congrats on getting an interview! I think our cases are similar. I had my initial interview in May but couldn't attend. I've been trying to reschedule for over a month now. How long did it take for you to be able to reschedule?

I've called and emailed but they always tell me to try later, be patient. I'm wondering if I did anything wrong in the process? I selected the option that said "I have submited my Notice of Readiness" because that was the only option on the AIS website that asked for a DS-160 and mentioned K-1. Was that wrong? I never submitted that document...

Thank you, Neto!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ritac23 said:

Congrats on getting an interview! I think our cases are similar. I had my initial interview in May but couldn't attend. I've been trying to reschedule for over a month now. How long did it take for you to be able to reschedule?

I've called and emailed but they always tell me to try later, be patient. I'm wondering if I did anything wrong in the process? I selected the option that said "I have submited my Notice of Readiness" because that was the only option on the AIS website that asked for a DS-160 and mentioned K-1. Was that wrong? I never submitted that document...

Thank you, Neto!

Rescheduling was an absolute nightmare. I emailed every email and called every phone number I could possibly find, daily for months. I finally got a new date in late July, and I believe it was my 33rd email to ParisIVPending that finally did it.

The way they schedule interviews is very strange. We got very short notice about the June interview, which is why it wasn't possible to attend. Then they ignored us for months while we tried to reschedule, while continuing to schedule those whose cases arrived at the consulate weeks, even months, after us. 

Edit: I began emailing/calling in early May, didn't get the reschedule until late July -- about 3 months of daily contact attempts to reschedule, got a date for almost 6 months after our original date.

Edited by neto-66

Timeline
Just now, neto-66 said:

Rescheduling was an absolute nightmare. I emailed every email and called every phone number I could possibly find, daily for months. I finally got a new date in late July, and I believe it was my 33rd email to ParisIVPending that finally did it.

The way they schedule interviews is very strange. We got very short notice about the June interview, which is why it wasn't possible to attend. Then they ignored us for months while we tried to reschedule, while continuing to schedule those whose cases arrived at the consulate weeks, even months, after us. 

Do you recommend I send them even more emails? I'm getting worried this rescheduling will take months or a year. If it was that, I would rather do the CR-1 since I even applied for a marriage license here with my fiancé. Ugh. I'll keep trying, knowing you got an answer actually makes me a lot more confident.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ritac23 said:

Do you recommend I send them even more emails? I'm getting worried this rescheduling will take months or a year. If it was that, I would rather do the CR-1 since I even applied for a marriage license here with my fiancé. Ugh. I'll keep trying, knowing you got an answer actually makes me a lot more confident.

I recommend continuing to send emails, and list the inquiry attempt # in the subject line. This is the advice I got from a consultation with an immigration lawyer, and given the interview reschedule email directly quoted the subject line of my 33rd email, I believe it works.

Here is the format I used for every email (personal data removed):

"""

subject: URGENT RESCHEDULE 33rd INQUIRY PRS##########

Hello,

Please reschedule our missed appointment from June 22nd, 2021.

Petitioner: [name]
Petitioner DOB: [dob]

Beneficiary: [name]
Beneficiary DOB: [dob]
Beneficiary country: Portugal

USCIS Receipt Number: WAC##########
CEAC Number: PRS##########
DS-160 Confirmation Number: A#########
IVR Account Identification Number: 6#######
"""

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It is definitely what i don t understand that some case that arrived later have been proceed and completed before those who got the NOA 2 bck in early 2020 before covid hit.

Everytime i called it is the same response.. be patient etc.. try late and monitor the site.. and as for the emails it s just an automatic reply>

Do you think that as from November when US will be open to Schengen area the Embassy will really proceed cases since there wont be any excuses of the suppose to be Ban?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Paris DC said:

Do you think that as from November when US will be open to Schengen area the Embassy will really proceed cases since there wont be any excuses of the suppose to be Ban?

Given K-1 visas have had NIE status since April, and CR-1 visas have never been impacted by the bans, I don't think that there will be much change in November. I think the reasons it is so slow right now are: 

1) The Embassy is very backed up from all of the shutdowns that have happened in Paris since March 2020

2) They are not in any rush to clear the backlog

3) The embassy is understaffed and there continues to be periods of time where employees work from home or don't work at all

Timeline
On 10/1/2021 at 10:19 AM, Paris DC said:

Hi rita , thanks for your reply , i ll probably will do the same just to make sure.

let us know what you heard from them please> 

thanks again 

P DC

Called them today. A very nice lady told me that I just "have to wait" for the consulate to open more interview dates. There is nothing she can do or say to make the process go faster. As always, be patient, be patient, be patient... What a tiring, draining process.

Timeline

Hi Rita..and the others.

I send last night a transfer email from my lawyer with all details.

This morning at 9.01am I received a reply with some apologies about the waiting and that they will work on finding me an interview date in the next few weeks.

All the best and lets us all keep informed about out process.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Paris DC said:

Hi Rita..and the others.

I send last night a transfer email from my lawyer with all details.

This morning at 9.01am I received a reply with some apologies about the waiting and that they will work on finding me an interview date in the next few weeks.

All the best and lets us all keep informed about out process.

That's really good to hear. Best of luck with the interview! Hopefully that will be me soon.

Timeline
18 hours ago, neto-66 said:

I saw that a few of you had a September 28th interview. Any approvals or visas received yet?

Trying to get an idea of the turnaround between interview and visa in hand to prepare for our interview in 2 weeks.

I saw on a Facebook group that some of the sept 28 interviews were postponed to tomorrow, I don’t know if they postponed all of them though.

i see that your interview is in 2 weeks, do you mind letting us know when the embassy has emailed you the interview date please? 
Still waiting for mine… 

thanks!

Timeline
3 hours ago, wave19 said:

do you mind letting us know when the embassy has emailed you the interview date please?

As I said earlier in this thread, we originally had an interview date for June 22nd, given with about 3 weeks notice. We couldn't attend, so we missed it. We then spent the next few months trying to get a reschedule. I received the email informing me of the October 20th interview in late July. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, neto-66 said:

As I said earlier in this thread, we originally had an interview date for June 22nd, given with about 3 weeks notice. We couldn't attend, so we missed it. We then spent the next few months trying to get a reschedule. I received the email informing me of the October 20th interview in late July. 

Thank you for your reply. sorry i noticed you mentioned it after I posted my comment my bad…

Wishing you good luck for your interview!

Timeline
On 10/4/2021 at 5:58 PM, neto-66 said:

Our interview got delayed a week before the 28th for a week later (6th October). We got approved (and even got the bonus to come cross a fellow forum member *Hey again @Jsilva718 !*)

From what we gather from the workers there, looks like things are catching up and it seems like some "normality" on things are starting to creep up. But an educated guess is that this might apply to Portuguese only because it seems that all the Portuguese dossiers are directed to the one Portuguese employer that handles them.
Our interviewer said that maybe by the end of this month we might get the documents/passport, since first the visa needs to be issued and it might happen this week or next one. Then the lady that handles the Portuguese dossiers will be in charge of putting everything in the envelope and give it to the courier. They will warn us by email when the package is sent because it will have a tracker on it.

Edited by JobbinsKnobbins
polishing the information

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. at least they are booking and go threw the schedule interviews not cancel them anymore. 

Does it seem to you that they were understaffed or in lack of rss.? 

Somehow it definitely should be back to normal by now its been 16 monhs since the hit from covid, US can make it if they want to deal with.

best 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.