JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi all , i hope you are all doing amazing?

is anyone was able to schedule an appointment via the US immigration website AIS us visa or you all have like me the same typed letters , try again later not available etc.. it s been more than a year and i have seen few refreshed pages but i am still stuck to that post from the visa center website.

when i call them they are speechless and only saying to stay patience (hmmm).

thanks

Paris DC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 9/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Paris DC said:

Hi all , i hope you are all doing amazing?

is anyone was able to schedule an appointment via the US immigration website AIS us visa or you all have like me the same typed letters , try again later not available etc.. it s been more than a year and i have seen few refreshed pages but i am still stuck to that post from the visa center website.

when i call them they are speechless and only saying to stay patience (hmmm).

thanks

Paris DC

The same is happening to me! I need to schedule a K1 intervier and have seen nothing but "try again later" for the past 2 weeks. Has anyone been successful?

Timeline
23 hours ago, ritac23 said:

The same is happening to me! I need to schedule a K1 intervier and have seen nothing but "try again later" for the past 2 weeks. Has anyone been successful?

On the timeline it doesn't show if you received the NoA2 yet. Have you received the Embassy email with the scheduled date yet? (Asking this because you can't "schedule" a date if they haven't contacted you guys first.)

Timeline
Just now, JobbinsKnobbins said:

On the timeline it doesn't show if you received the NoA2 yet. Have you received the Embassy email with the scheduled date yet? (Asking this because you can't "schedule" a date if they haven't contacted you guys first.)

Hi. Yeah, I got a NOA2 but can't find the date right now, as I'm away from home atm. They gave us an interview in May but I could not attend because of life things that got in the way. I've also emailed asking for them to reschedule, but ofc they haven't responded (yet). They did tell me on the phone to reschedule online.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ritac23 said:

Hi. Yeah, I got a NOA2 but can't find the date right now, as I'm away from home atm. They gave us an interview in May but I could not attend because of life things that got in the way. I've also emailed asking for them to reschedule, but ofc they haven't responded (yet). They did tell me on the phone to reschedule online.

It seems like you are in a similar case that @neto-66 went through (you can check the past posts from this actual thread). When someone misses a scheduled interview it gets put back in the line for the reschedule and unfortunately the Embassy seems to be with delays overall since they have still backlog from 2020 to go through (not necessarily just K1/CR1's).
It's going to be complicated but you need to support each other on this tough situation and not lose hope.

Boa sorte.

Edited by JobbinsKnobbins
Fixing a typo

Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, wave19 said:

Hi everyone, 

did anyone receive news from the embassy in Paris? Any interview dates?

thanks!! 

Yes, as you can check from the thread and also from the timelines (at least the portuguese ones that seem that were the only ones that updated it), the Embassy is going slow but it's moving. A lot of patience is required and no hope should be lost in this process.
Can't speak from how things are going from French residents besides what's been written on the thread.
Just goes to show the importance of updating Timelines.

Timeline
On 7/29/2021 at 8:11 AM, neto-66 said:

Weirdly enough, we got an interview date assigned today.

October 20th, 2021

My kids went for an interview on July 1st,the biological mother took them to the embassy..after the interview the officer didnt even know what kind of application it was he had to call the attention of  2 senior colleagues to help out, so made him look stupid in turn passes bad mood to my kids applications asking for a consent letter from me and my EX, after which she gave him a child support agreement, my passport photo page,my Green card, which was mailed that same day, Few weeks later the update shows refused.i sent a mail asking what's wrong,they said the officer need my ex passport photo page, I be like for what,she sent it tru post, after mailing them found that update to refused again few weeks later, I send in a mail why ,they said he want more proof between the kids and their mother,I have never heard such before,

Call the senator and congressman office to step till now no reply,so I was advice to gather every evidence,from kids growing up pics that in includes me and my ex,, 2 affidavit from my side and my EX family,health insurance card with the kids as her dependents,CAF documents that shows the kids as her dependants,early school inscription letter,document showing affilation...she sent it in few days later, updated to refused again, I send a mail then got an automated mail say backlog bla bla bla,I flew down to France few weeks ago,I went to the mayor of my marie, who wrote an introduction letter stamp and sign by him,a consent letter from my ex,notarised by him and a letter from my ex explaining she brought the kids to the embassy,she sent in all document requested and she is available for any evaluation the embassy deem fit,few days later updated to refused,..

I just got tired right now..so decided to give them time,the congressman told he's going to reach out again...

This is crazy..I have heard about paternity problem with kids but maternity issue,then the embassy ahould just tell her to go for DNA..so that they can have their proofs

Am so pissed and frustrated right now,was hoping my kids will start the new school called last month...

It so annoying..

That's my story...just waiting

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/17/2021 at 12:56 PM, Sterai79 said:

My kids went for an interview on July 1st,the biological mother took them to the embassy..after the interview the officer didnt even know what kind of application it was he had to call the attention of  2 senior colleagues to help out, so made him look stupid in turn passes bad mood to my kids applications asking for a consent letter from me and my EX, after which she gave him a child support agreement, my passport photo page,my Green card, which was mailed that same day, Few weeks later the update shows refused.i sent a mail asking what's wrong,they said the officer need my ex passport photo page, I be like for what,she sent it tru post, after mailing them found that update to refused again few weeks later, I send in a mail why ,they said he want more proof between the kids and their mother,I have never heard such before,

Call the senator and congressman office to step till now no reply,so I was advice to gather every evidence,from kids growing up pics that in includes me and my ex,, 2 affidavit from my side and my EX family,health insurance card with the kids as her dependents,CAF documents that shows the kids as her dependants,early school inscription letter,document showing affilation...she sent it in few days later, updated to refused again, I send a mail then got an automated mail say backlog bla bla bla,I flew down to France few weeks ago,I went to the mayor of my marie, who wrote an introduction letter stamp and sign by him,a consent letter from my ex,notarised by him and a letter from my ex explaining she brought the kids to the embassy,she sent in all document requested and she is available for any evaluation the embassy deem fit,few days later updated to refused,..

I just got tired right now..so decided to give them time,the congressman told he's going to reach out again...

This is crazy..I have heard about paternity problem with kids but maternity issue,then the embassy ahould just tell her to go for DNA..so that they can have their proofs

Am so pissed and frustrated right now,was hoping my kids will start the new school called last month...

It so annoying..

That's my story...just waiting

My kids approved,visa issued and passport received....

Expecting them soon...

All the best for everyone...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,  i hope that you all doing great?

has anyone got an update or an email from IV Paris recently ?  do you think that the USA borders opening promise will change the US embassy attitude regarding our cases?

i am thinking about going HOME as tourist as off November for the waiting period instead and head back asap the interview is schedule.

all the best 

Timeline
Just now, Paris DC said:

Hi everyone,  i hope that you all doing great?

has anyone got an update or an email from IV Paris recently ?  do you think that the USA borders opening promise will change the US embassy attitude regarding our cases?

i am thinking about going HOME as tourist as off November for the waiting period instead and head back asap the interview is schedule.

all the best 

Hi. I still haven't gotten an answer from IV Paris nor have I been able to book a date online... I'll call them today or on Monday to see if I can find out anything.

I hope the border opening up again helps our cases, but I'm really not sure. Fingers crossed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I saw that a few of you had a September 28th interview. Any approvals or visas received yet?

Trying to get an idea of the turnaround between interview and visa in hand to prepare for our interview in 2 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.