JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

@Mahza Please put your info on the timeline to help others.

@Jess.s We are so happy you can finally have the interview, we were feeling bad that there was still no news of scheduling for you guys (nor any of the other french/american couples here on VJ, which was weird). Please don't forget to update your timeline. ;)
When is your interview?

Timeline
On 8/3/2021 at 6:26 PM, JobbinsKnobbins said:

For them to refuse absolutely, they have to state the reason for a denial.
Chances are the "Case last updated" happens everytime the case gets accessed.
Remember that they will also need to send back the passport and from what we have seen on a couple of posts, they warn when they are sending the passport plus documents for the fiancé to know around what time it needs to check the mail (due to its sensitivity).

This doesn't look like it got rejected but for clarification is usually from the Embassy side (and we already know how that is going =S).

It will be ok, you guys will be fine! We believe it! 😃

Thank you very much for your words of wisdom/advice!

I checked CEAC.state.gov and saw there was another "update" today, though I would hardly call it that considering it still says the exact same thing as the other two updates (from July 19 & Aug. 3) -- "Refused" :(

We haven't heard anything from the embassy...nearly 4 months post-interview & my fiancé STILL without his passport.

Is any one else who has already had their interview experiencing the same issue? It is just so worrying and disheartening to see that it is being updated but nothing is actually changing. The NVC confirmed that Paris has all of our required documentation, so why would it just keep updating to refused?? Obviously someone is having to access our case to update this....I don't understand what is still needed from us when we can't even get through to someone at the embassy and they won't contact us or our lawyers...

Thank you all for your continued help & advice. I feel more and more hopeless about this with every passing day, and it's things like this forum that remind me it eventually has to have an end...

CEAC Update August 17 copy.png

Edited by Cameron2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hi everyone, i am a little confuse right now, i am waiting for my Interview at US embassy in Paris since June 2020 that got booted three times then cancelled and indeed i see some people that apply way after my original date and gotten their interview schedule. i am let s say stunned.

would  you have any informations about the process right now, do they contact you via email?  one emal from pending came in May 2021 asking me to get ready with document that they already have!!   it s a complete mess i guess, twice everyday i am going to the registration website , i paid the fee a year ago and i still have this red message saying , try again later , no available appointments available.

thanks a lot for your answers. be safe 

G

Timeline

545325961_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_42_21AM.thumb.png.f175c1b55ad50328776ffb6382ed20d9.png

Please, we are so beyond desperate....It has been nearly 4 months now since my fiance's visa interview (May 5, 2021) and they took his passport at the U.S. Embassy in Paris.

Our case status in CEAC has been updated 4 separate times now to Refused all 4 times, yet they will not get in touch with our laywers or us, and they have not answered ANY means of communication from our end. 

His medical exam is going to expire in less than 2 months, and he only has 6 months of validity with that exam to be able to enter the United States.

I have contacted senators, journalists, the NVC, USCIS, other immigration lawyers, and sent COUNTLESS requests to the U.S. Embassy in Paris. I have no idea what to do anymore. We are feeling so lost and defeated and hopeless. We just want to know what is going on with his case.

What's worse, our lawyers told us they can deny his visa because of the expired med exam, regardless that it wasn't our fault with this. And our lawyers said if his visa is denied for any reason, he won't be able to enter the United States even on a tourism visa. It is like we are being punished for going about this the legal way.

What do we do?? I am not eating right, I am not sleeping, I am having panic attacks daily (I have military service-connected mental health disabilities, and this has just magnified all of that so much). 

We cannot live like in the dark like this...it is ruining us. Can anyone help or provide words of advice? :(

Timeline
22 hours ago, Cameron2005 said:

What's worse, our lawyers told us they can deny his visa because of the expired med exam, regardless that it wasn't our fault with this. And our lawyers said if his visa is denied for any reason, he won't be able to enter the United States even on a tourism visa. It is like we are being punished for going about this the legal way.

We must say, your lawyers are adding stress unnecessarily, as far as we read before is that it's not denied, if the medical gets expired during this, the Embassy will just request that he will retake the medical exam which will extend the visa. Even couples that had been approved for the visa but the medical expired, have to do this (and yes, you will have to pay for it again).

It is messed up that just accessing the files will show as being updated but that's how computer stuff works.
Sorry that there isn't anything else that we can help you with but again, if it's fully denied, they will have to send a reason and also give the passport back either way.
Other thing you can do, is visit him if you can, so you don't focus on checking the CEAC all the time, just focus on each other.

Best wishes.

Timeline
On 8/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, Paris DC said:

hi everyone, i am a little confuse right now, i am waiting for my Interview at US embassy in Paris since June 2020 that got booted three times then cancelled and indeed i see some people that apply way after my original date and gotten their interview schedule. i am let s say stunned.

would  you have any informations about the process right now, do they contact you via email?  one emal from pending came in May 2021 asking me to get ready with document that they already have!!   it s a complete mess i guess, twice everyday i am going to the registration website , i paid the fee a year ago and i still have this red message saying , try again later , no available appointments available.

thanks a lot for your answers. be safe 

G

We don't know what is going on with the Embassy and we can only see what the VJ people update on the forum (unfortunately your french compatriots don't tend to update their timelines) or the very occasional message from one.
Hopefully someone will share some light for your issue to be fixed.

Timeline

Hi Jobbins, 

Thank you for your support , for sure this admin non sense is getting to the nerves of everyone.

The US ambassador to France has finally pass congress nomination and she is right now in place since end of July, she is the ex ambassador of USA to Belgium  under Obama admin and got a solid reputation , so finally maybe something will move according to plan instead of the no Captain on board since last January.

My personal time frame of my K1 has been absolute chaos for sure ( NOA in January 2020 ), i  haven t seen my Fiancée since the past 2 years, passed 2 medical exam at 350 euros each got my interviews booted 3 times between last June and September 2020 and roughly one email from the embassy after multiples attempt contacts on my end. 

My last email to IV pending  is from 4 days ago and there is right now an automatic reply answering the most common questions, nothing else. It seem that they do not organized the priority date of application etc...but more random for sure.

My NVC status as of today  show Status READY since 14 May 2021, but again interview should occur between 2/3 months, well to thus date its been 3,5 months.

i will keep you and everyone else update.

be safe , keep it up.

G

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

We must say, your lawyers are adding stress unnecessarily, as far as we read before is that it's not denied, if the medical gets expired during this, the Embassy will just request that he will retake the medical exam which will extend the visa. Even couples that had been approved for the visa but the medical expired, have to do this (and yes, you will have to pay for it again).

It is messed up that just accessing the files will show as being updated but that's how computer stuff works.
Sorry that there isn't anything else that we can help you with but again, if it's fully denied, they will have to send a reason and also give the passport back either way.
Other thing you can do, is visit him if you can, so you don't focus on checking the CEAC all the time, just focus on each other.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much for all of your help and always responding! I did not know the medical exam could be retaken, so thank you so much for that information. You have no idea how much your messages help!! 

While I say this with an abundance of optimism based on how things have gone, this morning we just received what hopefully turns out to be amazing news. My fiancé got an email from ParisIVPending@state.gov this morning stating that there was an issue with a file within his medical exam that the doctor (is Lisbon) just needs to correct and resend to them, and then the embassy said after that they would print off the visa, and I quote them directly, "He will be notified by email when his passport is leaving the embassy with his visa and sealed envelope."

Admittedly, at this point, I am honestly terrified to get my hopes up again just for things to go cold again (this is the first response we have received from them since his interview in May 5). We have exactly 2 more months until his exam expires, but if all goes according to the embassy's email this morning, then hopefully this was really all that was holding us up & maybe we will even make it in time before his exam expires!!

Our lawyers said this isn't the first client they've had that this has happened to, so I don't know if this helps anyone to know, but I guess it isn't uncommon for there to be mistakes with the medical exam that the doctor needs to fixed, which I think just got so delayed with COVID and otherwise would've been brought to our attention sooner. I don't know how to prevent this since this was just something the doctor needs to fix, but in case anyone else runs into this issue we will of course be updating this forum every step of the way as this issue is hopefully resolved soon.

Again, thank you everyone for your updates and support. I am going to see him in two weeks, so I really do need to focus on the excitement of that and take a break of CEAC and obsessing over this. It is out of our control now and hopefully just something that the doctor can correct and resend. It has truly been a roller coaster of a couple of days after my fiancé and I came to terms yesterday that his visa could just be refused, but I am so happy to see they are at least sending emails (hopefully) now.

I feel I said the word "hope" a million times in this message lol, but it's been all I've had to hold onto and quickly dwindling until this morning. To everyone else holding their breath, just hang in there -- I was at my absolute lowest yesterday, and today gave me a reason to feel like things may really be moving forward. Fingers crossed!!!!! ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Have any of the Portuguese applicants here figured out how to get their documents delivered to Portugal?

image.thumb.png.2c3713a53a41dfe367918249768b123b.png

Seems like it's not possible to even pay for delivery to Portugal through the online portal. 

Edited by neto-66
Spelling

Timeline

Hi all. I just wanted to warn you about a pretty scary and disheartening phone call scam I just received.

Basically, I got a call from a California number claiming to be USCIS. I don’t know how to describe the weirdness of all of it, but it started with an automated message saying it was USCIS that had connected my name with a package starting with the first three letters of my fiance's name (the automated voice said the actual letters), which kind of made sense with our timeline as my fiance is waiting in Portugal for the Paris embassy to hopefully issue and send out his visa soon. The automated voice then said to press 1 for more information, which I did, and I was immediately transferred to someone who was asking why I called and that was the first red flag since I received the call, but it all seemed so legitimate because the embassy had contacted us last week & CEAC updated our case yesterday to "Admin Processing". So anyways, once I was connected with the person, they started telling me my identity has been stolen and they have found like 9 drivers licenses, a few social security cards, and a bunch of money, drugs, and contraband tied to my identity and warrants for my arrest. Again, huge red flag but the automated USCIS message really threw me off. The person on the phone knew my middle name as well as information from an address I lived in in grade school, without me having offered up this information. I did tell them my ZIP code before I started getting an awful feeling in my stomach when they were pressing for me social security number (the last 4), which I did not give them, and eventually they hung up mid sentence. I tried to call the number back and it went to an answering machine of some youth behavioral clinic, so obviously not the actual number. Just in case, I called my local police station and social security office to make sure, and they both confirmed it was a scam and checked to make sure my information hadn't been stolen, though they still recommended I do a credit check.

I know this may seem obvious to most and admittedly I'm incredibly embarrassed I even let myself think it was real, but it just seemed way too personal with the automated message clearly saying that they found my name attached to a parcel for someone with the first 3 letters of my fiance's name...again, with them saying it!! How did they get that knowledge that we are waiting on a package from USCIS? It just all hit way too close to home, and one of the worst parts is I just got so excited at the thought of my fiance receiving his visa soon (the call lined up very well with our case's timing). I just wanted to warn everyone of this experience I had. Always ask for them to verify their name, why they are calling, what their title is, and a call back number. And as the police said to me, they are not going to call if there were warrants attached to my name and would come find me if that were the case. 

This entire visa process had made me so vulnerable to the idea of receiving any news, and I very easily could've gave them more information just because of how specific the call seemed at first. Anyways, stay safe everyone!!
Edited by Cameron2005

Timeline
On 8/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, neto-66 said:

Have any of the Portuguese applicants here figured out how to get their documents delivered to Portugal?

image.thumb.png.2c3713a53a41dfe367918249768b123b.png

Seems like it's not possible to even pay for delivery to Portugal through the online portal. 

According to their site: https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/finacee/
image.png.3dc224eb0a1da70716b99b670ba3df85.png

Since the portuguese have to buy a specific envelope and give to the Embassy to deliver the documents:
image.png.1ebf3c879add838fc50eb7237bd8bf71.png

On the *.pdf it also shows a map of a French Post Office near the Embassy where we can purchase the envelope (images included): https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/PRS-Paris-092519.pdf

Timeline
1 hour ago, wave19 said:

Hi everyone, 

did anyone receive news from the embassy in Paris? Any interview dates?

thanks!! 

Hi wave...so far so Nothing at  all for me neither..radio silence since May 19 2021 ..my NVC is status Ready but nothing. Let's keep each other update if you don't mind. All the best

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Paris DC said:

Hi wave...so far so Nothing at  all for me neither..radio silence since May 19 2021 ..my NVC is status Ready but nothing. Let's keep each other update if you don't mind. All the best

Thank you for your reply 🙂 yes sure we can keep each other updated my case is ready since August 19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.