JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
39 minutes ago, JCFZ said:

We are able to start an application by choosing the questions that apply to us (immigrant visa) but we are not able to proceed because we don't have a "DS-260" number. (This is for the "I have received a consular interview" option.)

Any insight on that?

Are you sure you selected the right options?

I did this back in May so I don't remember my answers to every question, but I thought there was an option for the K-1 within the immigrant visa portion of the website that prompted for DS-160 instead of DS-260.

3 hours ago, neto-66 said:

Are you sure you selected the right options?

I did this back in May so I don't remember my answers to every question, but I thought there was an option for the K-1 within the immigrant visa portion of the website that prompted for DS-160 instead of DS-260.

No, I'm unsure about the options. I'm a little confused about the options, because the K1 option includes "needing to schedule an interview." We went all through the K1 option, which does indeed prompt the DS-160 number, but then when we proceeded to the next page, it said that no interviews were available (even though we already have a date assigned -- this date was not an option unfortunately).

Also, it looks like my NOA2 expires 2 days before the interview date. So that means I will need to ask the embassy for an extension, right?

So many questions! Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to help.

Edited by JCFZ

Timeline
Just now, JCFZ said:

We went all through the K1 option, which does indeed prompt the DS-160 number, but then when we proceeded to the next page, it said that no interviews were available (even though we already have a date assigned).

Ah okay, you did the right thing, I think this is a technical issue. I know at least one other member here is having the exact same problem as you. I would email the fae_contact address and explain. 

1 minute ago, neto-66 said:

Ah okay, you did the right thing, I think this is a technical issue. I know at least one other member here is having the exact same problem as you. I would email the fae_contact address and explain. 

Ok! Interesting. Will do. Is the fae-contact a 3rd party? According to what I've read Paris embassy has been very slow to respond (understandably). Wondering if they respond more quickly.  

Thanks, Neto!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JCFZ said:

Ok! Interesting. Will do. Is the fae-contact a 3rd party? According to what I've read Paris embassy has been very slow to respond (understandably). Wondering if they respond more quickly.  

Thanks, Neto!!!

I'm not certain what the relation is, I think the fae email handles technical issues only and this seems to be one. You have your email to prove you were given a date. They always respond within a few days.

The Paris embassy will certainly not respond quickly. In over 3 months of emailing them bi weekly then eventually daily I only ever got 2 responses. 

You could also try calling the embassy to ask. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble trying to pay the visa fee. Nothing is populating for me under the ais.usvisa-info.com website. 

I filled the DS-160 months ago, do I fill out a new one?

Please help

8 hours ago, JCFZ said:

No, I'm unsure about the options. I'm a little confused about the options, because the K1 option includes "needing to schedule an interview." We went all through the K1 option, which does indeed prompt the DS-160 number, but then when we proceeded to the next page, it said that no interviews were available (even though we already have a date assigned -- this date was not an option unfortunately).

Also, it looks like my NOA2 expires 2 days before the interview date. So that means I will need to ask the embassy for an extension, right?

So many questions! Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to help.

We have our interview scheduled for the 28th September as well and we're facing the same problem with paying the visa fee. I heard from someone that it could take 2 days for them to update it in the ais system. Since I received the interview email on Friday, I'm guessing it's because of the weekend it hadn't updated yet. Or its going to take them a little longer, nevertheless there's a few of us in the same boat.

For the Noa2, the instructions are in the email, you have to type up a letter with the intent to marry again and add a request to extend the petition for another 4 months in the same letter, this is the letter the beneficiary takes to the interview.

Edited by Mahza

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jsilva718 said:

Happy weekend Everyone,

We received good news this morning. The Paris Embassy finally emailed us with our interview date, Sep.28th.

@Jsilva718 that's awesome! Who received it? and from which e-mail adress?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jsilva718 said:

We both received the emails. It came from ParisIVPending@state.gov

Thank you!! I'm seeing people getting their interview date even though they sent the application after us! There's no logic behind it, it's getting on my nerves! 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jess.s said:

Thank you!! I'm seeing people getting their interview date even though they sent the application after us! There's no logic behind it, it's getting on my nerves! 

Have you found this is the case for applicants residing in France as well? It seems to me like most of the people getting interview dates right now are Portuguese citizens/residents, which is probably different in terms of scheduling interviews

Timeline
1 hour ago, neto-66 said:

Have you found this is the case for applicants residing in France as well? It seems to me like most of the people getting interview dates right now are Portuguese citizens/residents, which is probably different in terms of scheduling interviews

It is  the case for french applicants to! 

On 8/9/2021 at 7:59 AM, Mahza said:

We have our interview scheduled for the 28th September as well and we're facing the same problem with paying the visa fee. I heard from someone that it could take 2 days for them to update it in the ais system. Since I received the interview email on Friday, I'm guessing it's because of the weekend it hadn't updated yet. Or its going to take them a little longer, nevertheless there's a few of us in the same boat.

For the Noa2, the instructions are in the email, you have to type up a letter with the intent to marry again and add a request to extend the petition for another 4 months in the same letter, this is the letter the beneficiary takes to the interview.

Hi Mahza,

You were totally correct!! Yesterday we were able to make a payment and register our interview date. It seems that they needed to update their system indeed. We also were able to schedule the medical in Paris. Thank you so much! A big relief. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.