impactideas

NVC Processing Timeline for Expedite Requests

225 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, AKN2 said:

We sent the request last week on medical grounds. My husband (the petitioner has epilepsy, heart disease, stents in heart, and depression. Haven't received a response yet, except for the automatic mail.

Our case says Ready at the embassy now.

Just now, BananaBreadFanati said:

Our case says Ready at the embassy now.

Hopefully you get good news soon! Pray for the better outcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/10/2021 at 4:15 AM, BananaBreadFanati said:

Ours was approved on the grounds of the petitioner having depression.

Consider yourself lucky, I used depression as a reason on 2 expedites and both were refused, I attached a doctors letter describing that I suffer from severe depression, coupled with a ER report and prescriptions for Prozac, From reading experiences like yours, it seems the only thing that matters is the person reviewing the expedite.

29 minutes ago, nykolos said:

Consider yourself lucky, I used depression as a reason on 2 expedites and both were refused, I attached a doctors letter describing that I suffer from severe depression, coupled with a ER report and prescriptions for Prozac, From reading experiences like yours, it seems the only thing that matters is the person reviewing the expedite.

I posted this before. Expedite has nothing to do with actual problem of yours. It is purely luck and mood of person who is reviewing it. There is absolutely no connection to your actual issue. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/16/2021 at 5:13 PM, ashish tailor said:

I posted this before. Expedite has nothing to do with actual problem of yours. It is purely luck and mood of person who is reviewing it. There is absolutely no connection to your actual issue. 

Does applying for expedite multiple times and getting rejected have any impact on the case processing or can we just try our luck multiple times?

On 12/22/2021 at 10:06 AM, jd2502 said:

Does applying for expedite multiple times and getting rejected have any impact on the case processing or can we just try our luck multiple times?

There should be no impact but you need to wait thirty days in between denials of expedites.

Edited by BananaBreadFanati

On 12/9/2021 at 6:03 AM, AKN2 said:

We got his MD to write a letter but the language is pretty mild - just a bald statement of the facts, as in "XYZ has (name of multiple medical conditions.) Because of said medical conditions, he would benefit from his family being around him." 

And that's it. No sense of urgency at all. That's why I'm not so optimistic about our chances of getting approved. 

@AKN2 Did you get approved for expedite ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ashish tailor said:

@AKN2 Did you get approved for expedite ?

Rejected. We're planning to send another request, this time with two MD letters and add the fact that our US citizen daughter starts first grade next year. Dunno if the second reason will work but we're going to throw it in the mix and hope for the best. 

38 minutes ago, AKN2 said:

Rejected. We're planning to send another request, this time with two MD letters and add the fact that our US citizen daughter starts first grade next year. Dunno if the second reason will work but we're going to throw it in the mix and hope for the best. 

Ok so just a suggestion. NVC representative told me when I got rejected that you can not do another expedite for the same reason that they already decline you for. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashish tailor said:

Ok so just a suggestion. NVC representative told me when I got rejected that you can not do another expedite for the same reason that they already decline you for. 

Whoa, this is a surprise! Need to look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, ashish tailor said:

I also heard due to the lack of staff and huge backlog they are tackling right now. The expedite is not being actually sent to the concerned Consulate also atleast for India(Mumbai) and they just straight away sent a denied email. Because I tried expedite 3 times with Medical reason. The first time I submitted in Oct they took around 40 days to review the request. And the last 2 times I sent I got a response in a days time that it is denied.

9 minutes ago, jd2502 said:

I also heard due to the lack of staff and huge backlog they are tackling right now. The expedite is not being actually sent to the concerned Consulate also atleast for India(Mumbai) and they just straight away sent a denied email. Because I tried expedite 3 times with Medical reason. The first time I submitted in Oct they took around 40 days to review the request. And the last 2 times I sent I got a response in a days time that it is denied.

Yes, that is true. If you do second and subsequent expedite on the same reason as the first one which they already declined, they will not even evaluate your request and NVC will just send generic email of denied. They will not send it to consulate for re-evaluation.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 6:00 PM, RandW said:

Hi everyone!

We have tried for an expedite again...

Update regarding our previous expedite. 

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  11/24/21

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  12/7/21 

* 12/9/21- Email received that expedite has been denied

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: 1/18/22

When we received the denial email we closed the book on the expedite and thought it was done with, however more than a month later were pleasantly surprised when we got an approval for it! I had no idea this was even possible!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need to preface this post as showing that I applied 3 times to NVC. The first two times, I was rejected. I called my congressional representative and they worked with me to apply and get approved the third time. Without her help, I don't think any of this would have been possible.

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  February 18, 2022

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  February 21, 2022

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: February 22, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.