OntarioMan

Do I need to do another medical as a K1 Visa AOS?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

As the above topic states I would like to know if I need to do a i693 because I did my visa medical in September 2020 and I have my vaccination record on hand from then. I had to do my medical twice too so it would be nice to not have to blow another 400 bucks

Does the medical apply to K1 Visa holder

Edited by OntarioMan

7 minutes ago, OntarioMan said:

As the above topic states I would like to know if I need to do a i693 because I did my visa medical in September 2020 and I have my vaccination record on hand from then.

I-693 is not needed. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician.

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, OntarioMan said:

Hello!

As the above topic states I would like to know if I need to do a i693 because I did my visa medical in September 2020 and I have my vaccination record on hand from then. I had to do my medical twice too so it would be nice to not have to blow another 400 bucks

Does the medical apply to K1 Visa holder

If you had looked around,  you would have noticed a pinned thread

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

I-693 is not needed. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician.

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

I appreciate it! 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you had looked around,  you would have noticed a pinned thread

Thank you for showing be this! I was lurking other threads and saw a mixed bag of answers so I figured I would just ask.

9 hours ago, payxibka said:

f you had looked around,  you would have noticed a pinned thread

I think it's a very valid doubt by OP because the pinned post is from 2015 and it's 2021...these things change so fast and so much that you can never be too sure :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kkmk said:

I think it's a very valid doubt by OP because the pinned post is from 2015 and it's 2021...these things change so fast and so much that you can never be too sure :) 

And if it was no longer applicable, then guess what, It would be unpinned. 

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

And if it was no longer applicable, then guess what, It would be unpinned. 

you know, there's also this awesome pinned post you may want to take a look ;)

no need for negativity! (nor your judgment) :) :) :)  

Edited by kkmk

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kkmk said:

you know, there's also this awesome pinned post you may want to take a look ;)

no need for negativity! (nor your judgment) :) :) :)  

Sorry to burst your bubble,  no negativity here

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.