J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wednesday Updates:

106500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
108500: 1 Other (Document Is Being Held For 180 Days) (0 new / 1 in progress)
109500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
112500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
113000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
116500: 1 RFES (0 new / 1 in progress)
02/15/23: 6 Total Updates: 2 Approvals, 1 RFES, 1 RFER, 1 Denial, 1 Other (Document Is Being Held For 180 Days)

Timeline

Thursday Updates:

107000: 1 Other (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 1 in progress)
116500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
02/16/23: 2 Total Updates: 1 Approval, 1 Other (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

Thursday Updates:

107000: 1 Other (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 1 in progress)
116500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
02/16/23: 2 Total Updates: 1 Approval, 1 Other (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction)

Good luck with the interview today, if you haven't had it already!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SoDifficult said:

Good luck with the interview today, if you haven't had it already!

Thanks so much! Just dropped her off at the embassy. All the Poles at the window on the outside of the embassy and the guards were extremely nice and helpful. Just trying to keep busy at my hotel waiting, I'll have news in 3-4 hours!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cheddy said:

Thanks so much! Just dropped her off at the embassy. All the Poles at the window on the outside of the embassy and the guards were extremely nice and helpful. Just trying to keep busy at my hotel waiting, I'll have news in 3-4 hours!

Good vibes. You guys got this!

Timeline
2 hours ago, SoDifficult said:

Good vibes. You guys got this!

Interview went well, we were approved. My fiancé said they asked 5 really basic questions and the interview lasted 3 minutes. Her interviewer was a young man with glasses, it was in Russian, and she said he was extremely friendly and welcoming. My finance was basically disappointed by how easy it was, lol. She had stressed herself out and we both prepared so much, but the hard part is already done, the interview is just a formality. I printed out tons of pictures and mounds of proof of our relationship, as well as IRS tax docs, photocopies of everything, and so much extra stuff, that absolutely no one looked at. All they wanted was the DS confirmation page, the interview confirmation page, Medical results, Financial support doc, signed form from my fiancé of intent to marry, police form with translation, and birth certificate with translation. 

I have like hundreds of other pages, plus all the pages from the original submission that they gave back to us. 

Not sure your route to Poland, but we got a 15 day single entry Spanish visa. However, we didn't fly into Spain, she flew from Moscow-Istanbul-Paris. She got some grief from the person at the gate in Istanbul, asking a ton of questions why we have a Spanish visa and flying into France. Thankfully, I had her bring tickets from Barcelona-Istanbul-Moscow as well as a hotel booking in Barcelona, all of which I bought, printed out, and then immediately returned. The guy at the gate took pictures of all those forms and asked for her tickets from Paris to Barcelona, which she didn't have, but she just said we were planning on buy train tickets in Paris. He made a stink, but eventually let her board the flight.

At the Paris border, the guard asked her, her plan and she responded the same as above. The guard didn't ask for any proof and just let her pass easily.

We flew Paris to Warsaw, almost no one at the airport even looked twice at her passport. Like a half a glance to make sure her name was the same as on the ticket. At the door to the airplane in Poland, there were four policemen asking to check everyone's passports. I had a heart attack thinking they were looking for Russians entering illegally, but they only cared about checking the men and waved the women through without looking at their passports.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Cheddy said:

Interview went well, we were approved. My fiancé said they asked 5 really basic questions and the interview lasted 3 minutes. Her interviewer was a young man with glasses, it was in Russian, and she said he was extremely friendly and welcoming. My finance was basically disappointed by how easy it was, lol. She had stressed herself out and we both prepared so much, but the hard part is already done, the interview is just a formality. I printed out tons of pictures and mounds of proof of our relationship, as well as IRS tax docs, photocopies of everything, and so much extra stuff, that absolutely no one looked at. All they wanted was the DS confirmation page, the interview confirmation page, Medical results, Financial support doc, signed form from my fiancé of intent to marry, police form with translation, and birth certificate with translation. 

I have like hundreds of other pages, plus all the pages from the original submission that they gave back to us. 

Not sure your route to Poland, but we got a 15 day single entry Spanish visa. However, we didn't fly into Spain, she flew from Moscow-Istanbul-Paris. She got some grief from the person at the gate in Istanbul, asking a ton of questions why we have a Spanish visa and flying into France. Thankfully, I had her bring tickets from Barcelona-Istanbul-Moscow as well as a hotel booking in Barcelona, all of which I bought, printed out, and then immediately returned. The guy at the gate took pictures of all those forms and asked for her tickets from Paris to Barcelona, which she didn't have, but she just said we were planning on buy train tickets in Paris. He made a stink, but eventually let her board the flight.

At the Paris border, the guard asked her, her plan and she responded the same as above. The guard didn't ask for any proof and just let her pass easily.

We flew Paris to Warsaw, almost no one at the airport even looked twice at her passport. Like a half a glance to make sure her name was the same as on the ticket. At the door to the airplane in Poland, there were four policemen asking to check everyone's passports. I had a heart attack thinking they were looking for Russians entering illegally, but they only cared about checking the men and waved the women through without looking at their passports.

Congratulations! That's amazing news. I bet you two are thrilled!

I'm going to finalize document prep this weekend, so your interview notes are gold.

Currently my fiance is traveling from Moscow - Istanbul - Vienna, then will fly from Vienna to Warsaw where I will meet her. We then plan to fly to Paris and depart from Brussels to LAX. She does have a Schengen visa, but we may leave out the part about Warsaw/Paris. I made a car rental reservation for that day in Vienna just in case. Her aunt lives in Brussels, and we've been in and out of a dozen Schengen countries over the last couple of years. The only thing we don't have is a return flight to Moscow, so I may borrow your strategy. Thank you for all the details.

I hope it doesn't take to long to receive your visa so you can finally be together in the states and move on to the next steps, and the rest of your lives. Congratulations again, Cheddy!

Timeline

Friday Updates:

107000: 1 Other (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 1 in progress)
109500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
113000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
114500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
115000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
116500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
02/17/23: 7 Total Updates: 2 Approvals, 3 RFERs, 1 Denial, 1 Other (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction)

Total for this month: 49 Untouched, 2497 Approvals, 213 RFESs, 73 RFERs, 344 Denials, 8 Expedites(Denied: 7 / Approved: 1), 164 Withdrawals, 68 Others

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 2/17/2023 at 6:27 AM, Cheddy said:

CONGRATULATIONS......SO EXCITING!!!

Timeline

Monday Updates:

113000: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
02/20/23: 1 Total Updates: 1 RFES

Tuesday Updates:

WAC2190118487: ('I-129F', 'Case Was Approved', '02/21/23', False)
107500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
110000: 1 Other (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 1 in progress)
111000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
112500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
115000: 1 Other (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 1 in progress)
118000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
02/21/23: 6 Total Updates: 3 Approvals, 1 RFER, 2 Others (Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction, Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello folks, Our stuff was sent to consulate on Feb 2 2023, and NVC tracker says they received it on Feb 21 2023.

I was wondering how long does it usually take from embassy getting the stuff to them contacting us?

Timeline

Wednesday Updates:

107000: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
108000: 2 Denials (0 new / 2 in progress)
108500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
109000: 1 Other (Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration) (0 new / 1 in progress)
110000: 1 Other (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 1 in progress)
114500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
115000: 1 RFER, 1 Other (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction) (0 new / 2 in progress)
117500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
118000: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
02/22/23: 11 Total Updates: 1 RFES, 4 RFERs, 3 Denials, 3 Others (Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction, Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, ShaMo said:

Hello folks, Our stuff was sent to consulate on Feb 2 2023, and NVC tracker says they received it on Feb 21 2023.

I was wondering how long does it usually take from embassy getting the stuff to them contacting us?

it's entirely embassy dependent. Would look at others with same embassy as you in timelines to see how long it took on ave

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline

Thursday Updates:

109000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
112500: 1 Other (Document Was Returned To USCIS) (0 new / 1 in progress)
113000: 1 Other (Document Was Mailed) (1 new / 0 in progress)
116000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
117500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
02/23/23: 5 Total Updates: 3 Approvals, 2 Others (Document Was Returned To USCIS, Document Was Mailed)

Timeline

Friday Updates:

107000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
114500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
116000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
117000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
02/24/23: 5 Total Updates: 3 Approvals, 2 RFERs

Total for this month: 45 Untouched, 2506 Approvals, 208 RFESs, 74 RFERs, 344 Denials, 8 Expedites(Denied: 7 / Approved: 1), 164 Withdrawals, 67 Others

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.