shkabaan

N-400 July 2021 Filers

263 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Be11atrix said:

Hi All! Had my interview on April 20th! Got approval, and oath ceremony was last Friday May 13! I am officially a US Citizen 🙏🏼
what is next?

Are you all applying for something else?

Congratulations!!

Well you can apply for a US Passport, update your immigration status at SSA.

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

18 hours ago, Be11atrix said:

Hi All! Had my interview on April 20th! Got approval, and oath ceremony was last Friday May 13! I am officially a US Citizen 🙏🏼
what is next?

Are you all applying for something else?

What was your ROC like?

If you recall our cases were similar, filed for N400 in late July in Atlanta for my Colombian wife

However we haven't heard anything and the ROC is still pending with no movement since late 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, brentjbeaver said:

What was your ROC like?

If you recall our cases were similar, filed for N400 in late July in Atlanta for my Colombian wife

However we haven't heard anything and the ROC is still pending with no movement since late 2020

I did my Remove of Conditions a long time ago, so I can’t really recall much! It went pretty normal! You can check out my timeline!

I am surprised you have not heard anything though! 🤔 I would try to contact them! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My immigration journey has finally come to an end. Good luck to everyone and let’s not forget to share information about this process to those who need It 🤗

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Updated timeline for us:

August 2020: Filed I-751

November 2020: I-751 transferred to NBC

July 2021: Filed N-400 in Atlanta

April 2021: file a FOIA request to find out why the I-751 hasn't moved and request copy of N-400 file

June 2, 2022: Interview scheduled for N-400 for July 14, 2022

~June 10, 2022: I wrote a letter to Atlanta FO asking that N-400 and I-751 be a combo interview

June 28, 2022: FOIA completed, documents provided to us

July 2, 2022: Received notice that I-751 and N-400 will be the same date and time

My wife is changing her name so I think she will have to take oath in front of a judge. According to the northern district of Georgia's website, there are oath ceremonies August 12 and August 26, so hopefully we are under 2 months away from being completely finished

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.