Rocio0010

ROC- no utility bills on our name

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
41 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

F1. I guess it was indirectly waived because they made us mail our evidence to the FO. But yeah, that’s what happened. They called us the day before the interview, right when covid hit.

Never seen evidence being mailed to FO unless it directly requested by IO, which of course means you went to interview. 

I learnt something new.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Your list of evidence looks really good. And preparing so much in advance is just great planing.

Maybe go ahead and add your drivers licenses to the list (showing the same address). Would be quick & easy.

Don't send a ton of photos - be selective and cover the time frame since married.

Also with regards to bank statements and credit card statements, etc...don't have to send every month. But do cover the entire time period from marriage till current.

And copies of official tax transcripts. Can be gotten online once you create an IRS account.

Regarding the utilities note, if you want to include one, draft/find one yourself, and provide it to the landlord so that he can merely sign it or use it to create his own version on his own letterhead. That way you have some possibly better control of what it says to meet your needs.

You will be in great shape, seems to me.

Cheers.

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

Never seen evidence being mailed to FO unless it directly requested by IO, which of course means you went to interview. 

I learnt something new.

I guess anything was possible in COVIDland lol

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

I guess anything was possible in COVIDland lol

I know someone who only sent the I-751 form and got approved and without interview. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Timona said:

I know someone who only sent the I-751 form and got approved and without interview. 

The mods should approve a forum named “weird things that happen at USCIS”. I could moderate it! In our case we were going to spend the night at a hotel (FO is about two hours away) and we were literally packing the car when we received the call from -I guess - the IO. We had everything ready! And about a week later we received the letter, which requested the evidence. I’m not home, but I’ll post it later. It was hard to believe. Next day we mailed the evidence, and two weeks later I was approved. And I know of another interview waived at the same FO (but I don’t know if it was a K1 or F1)

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Suze1 said:

Your list of evidence looks really good. And preparing so much in advance is just great planing.

Maybe go ahead and add your drivers licenses to the list (showing the same address). Would be quick & easy.

Don't send a ton of photos - be selective and cover the time frame since married.

Also with regards to bank statements and credit card statements, etc...don't have to send every month. But do cover the entire time period from marriage till current.

And copies of official tax transcripts. Can be gotten online once you create an IRS account.

Regarding the utilities note, if you want to include one, draft/find one yourself, and provide it to the landlord so that he can merely sign it or use it to create his own version on his own letterhead. That way you have some possibly better control of what it says to meet your needs.

You will be in great shape, seems to me.

Cheers.

Thank you!!! You’re right about DL. We’ll update them as soon as we move 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Outstanding! You are doing the right/smart things. Good for you.

We sailed through ROC with NO problems whatsever, we think, because we set about CREATING and collecting evidence early in the process, like you are doing.

By creating I mean, going out of the way to take photos, create certain documents and accounts, etc.

In other words, we did not do a hind-sight-driven process. We were very proactive and prospective-thinking oriented. Worked very well for us.

We took a - "Two years from now, what would we like to honestly say we have and be honestly and genuinely able to send"..and we took steps to create and collect exactly that. Ask yourself, upfront, what needs to be in our package, what needs to be in the cover letter, and honestly create THAT package on purpose.

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
18 hours ago, ra0010 said:

Hello everyone! Hubby and I have to submit our ROC in January 2022 (I know, it's early, but never to early to compile evidence!). Right now, we are renting and our landlord pays the bills for us. The catch 22 is that the lease says that we are responsible for utilities, but our landlords pays them for us. So we will be lacking that evidence. In order to supplement it, we were planning on having him write a note saying that he pays the utilities for us. In fact, that's what we did for our AOS, but we can't find the note anywhere! Has somebody been in the same situation? Can somebody share a template?

Also, this is the evidence we're planning on sending. Any suggestions are welcome! Like I said, I know it's early, but I am a teacher on summer vacation, and I want to use my down time wisely. TIA!

- Lease for 2020 and 2021 with both names.

-2019 and 2020 joint taxes.

- Health insurance.

- Car insurance.

- Retirement account with USC as beneficiary.

- USC as emergency contact information for medical reasons for the beneficiary.

- House loan with both our names.

- Utility bills on both names (we will have them once we move into the property we purchased).

- Deed for the house with both names.

- Pictures with family and friends.

- Travel tickets (we had to cancel the trip for COVID reasons, but we can still send the tickets, right?)

- 2020 and 2021 State property taxes on both names.

- Domestic hotel reservations.

Although affidavits are not really strong evidence, we can still include some. I'm mostly concerned about the utility bill situation and how we can solve it. 

You have more than enough evidence. Proceed on

Timeline
1 hour ago, Suze1 said:

We sailed through ROC with NO problems whatsever, we think, because we set about CREATING and collecting evidence early in the process, like you are doing.

By creating I mean, going out of the way to take photos, create certain documents and accounts, etc.

In other words, we did not do a hind-sight-driven process. We were very proactive and prospective-thinking oriented. Worked very well for us.

We took a - "Two years from now, what would we like to honestly say we have and be honestly and genuinely able to send"..and we took steps to create and collect exactly that. Ask yourself, upfront, what needs to be in our package, what needs to be in the cover letter, and honestly create THAT package on purpose.

Right on point. I might be a little bit of a worrywart, but that’s how I get things done! I’m always overly prepared. I have read posts here where people simply forgot to apply for ROC and when they do realize, they send whatever they have. No thank you, I like to feel that I did everything that’s on my power!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

Thank you!!! You’re right about DL. We’ll update them as soon as we move 

@ra0010 US citizen' Voter registration is another good one. You can print one with the current address and then a second with the new address once you move. There! :) 

USPS informed delivery. We printed images of our mail going to the same address, too. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

1 hour ago, Suze1 said:

We did exactly that @Suze1! We also knew that for most statements, bills, etc, you can only retrieve up to 16 months (I think). We've been married for almost 4 years. Thus, we knew we would have to cover a good 42+ months. So we kept on saving PDFs to later print them for our filing. 

We focused on joint finances and evidence of cohabitation. For AOS, we included text messages but we did not for ROC. Did not think that was necessary. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

@USC4SPOUSE Outstanding!

Right! Create and collect what is required MINDFULLY - ON PURPOSE!!!

Good for YOU.

Forward & Upward! smile

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

34 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

We also knew that for most statements, bills, etc, you can only retrieve up to 16 months (I think). We've been married for almost 4 years. Thus, we knew we would have to cover a good 42+ months. So we kept on saving PDFs to later print them for our filing. 

We focused on joint finances and evidence of cohabitation. For AOS, we included text messages but we did not for ROC. Did not think that was necessary. :) 

LOVE IT!

Roll in hard and put'em away wet!

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

For our entire end-to-end process - B1/B2 Tourist Visa -> Spousal Visa -> Citizenship, we only had ONE issue...domicile.

And that was because we had to simultaneously qualify for DCF (meaning US citizen was resident overseas) and yet at the same time meet domicile requirements (meaning we INTENDED to live in the US upon receiving the visa).

Back in 2016, we weren't sure how US Spouse could best establish, "Yes, I live in the Philippines, so I qualify for DCF", and the very next week demonstrate, "Yes, we (will) live in the US when we get the spousal visa."

We got approved for the spousal visa in about 4 weeks (including the 2 weeks of Administrative Processing that the question of domicile threw us into).

With DCF it all happens SO FAST!

Married in October, applied for spousal visa in November, POE in December!!! BAM! Really quick.

All DIY, with the help of VISAJOURNEY members!!! Thanks Guys!

Now we have a clearer idea of how to easily do both simultaneously.

If we had to do it again, we would nail it eyes-closed, hands-down.

Other than that...we had NO ISSUES from end-to-end.

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Timeline
1 hour ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

We did exactly that @Suze1! We also knew that for most statements, bills, etc, you can only retrieve up to 16 months (I think). We've been married for almost 4 years. Thus, we knew we would have to cover a good 42+ months. So we kept on saving PDFs to later print them for our filing. 

Thank God you told me that about the statements. I’ll retrieve some of them this weekend!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.