JivaniDD

Spouse visa CR-1 Interview Appointment date estimate in Hong Kong.

19 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone. 

I am applying for the Spouse visa (My husband is US citizen) If I received the email from the NVC stating that all my documents have been approved and that the NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in HONG KONG to schedule an interview appointment. How long should I expect to have this interview date if my documents were approved on JUNE 15 2021? How long is the estimate of time that I should wait?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
34 minutes ago, JivaniDD said:

Hello Everyone. 

I am applying for the Spouse visa (My husband is US citizen) If I received the email from the NVC stating that all my documents have been approved and that the NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in HONG KONG to schedule an interview appointment. How long should I expect to have this interview date if my documents were approved on JUNE 15 2021? How long is the estimate of time that I should wait?

My petition for my daughter (IR2) was DQ on 10 June 2021, I think the wait time for interview is around 2-3 months after DQ. Have you filed the DS2001 to the US Consulate General in HK?

https://hk.usconsulate.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/266/iv-ds2001.pdf

39 minutes ago, JivaniDD said:

How long should I expect to have this interview date if my documents were approved on JUNE 15 2021? How long is the estimate of time that I should wait?

For this VJ member in the thread below, it took around 4 months from DQ date to interview --

1 minute ago, Angela & Dave said:

My petition for my daughter (IR2) was DQ on 10 June 2021, I think the wait time for interview is around 2-3 months after DQ. Have you filed the DS2001 to the US Consulate General in HK?

Hi There!

Thank you for replying! 

No, I haven't fill out or sent this form yet. Is it a requirement to do so? I just received the notification that all the papers are already approved and that I needed to wait for the interview. Since the NVC needed to coordinate with the  US consulate  here in in Hong Kong. MY DQ was June 15, Almost at the same time as yours. Did you sent this form to the Hong Kong consulate?

18 minutes ago, Chancy said:

For this VJ member in the thread below, it took around 4 months from DQ date to interview --

Hi chancy! Thank you for your reply I just checked the conversation content! Very useful! I think HK maybe has some delays with the interviews so I will expect 3 months from June! I wish it was shorter but lets see. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JivaniDD said:

Hi There!

Thank you for replying! 

No, I haven't fill out or sent this form yet. Is it a requirement to do so? I just received the notification that all the papers are already approved and that I needed to wait for the interview. Since the NVC needed to coordinate with the  US consulate  here in in Hong Kong. MY DQ was June 15, Almost at the same time as yours. Did you sent this form to the Hong Kong consulate?

Yes, I sent it via registered mail to the Consulate.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 5:26 PM, Angela & Dave said:

Just recieved interview appointment notification scheduled on Aug 11, this is a few days after NVC responded to my enquiry in which stating our readiness for interview, concern regarding the political situation in Hong Kong and issue with meeting my daughter's school start date. NVC answer to my inquiry was not special though and advised us to submit expedite request to NVC. I think raising the NVC inquiry and sending the DS2001 to US Embassy probably help.

Hello there, 

I receive already as well my confirmation of interview today my interview is also AUG 11. I did not submit any paper to speed up the process or file any DS2001 . I received the notification that my papers were going to be transferred to the HK consulate from  the NVC on June 15th and I received the confirmation of the Interview today!

So I am not sure why this was so fast. But I was expecting maybe 2 more months , but it happened earlier. 

Edited by JivaniDD
I missed some information

Timeline
1 hour ago, JivaniDD said:

Hello there, 

I receive already as well my confirmation of interview today my interview is also AUG 11. I did not submit any paper to speed up the process or file any DS2001 . I received the notification that my papers were going to be transferred to the HK consulate from  the NVC on June 15th and I received the confirmation of the Interview today!

So I am not sure why this was so fast. But I was expecting maybe 2 more months , but it happened earlier. 

Glad to hear it. Seems like our applications were processed under the same batch. Just a friendly reminder to register the visa delivery services under the US Consulate General Hong Kong portal and bring the confirmation reciept to your interview. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, Angela & Dave said:

Glad to hear it. Seems like our applications were processed under the same batch. Just a friendly reminder to register the visa delivery services under the US Consulate General Hong Kong portal and bring the confirmation reciept to your interview. 

Hello there! 

Yes ! I already register, I have a question when it says priority date? is this the day of the interview or the date printed in the USCIS approval letter? Or where can I find this date I am a little bit confuse with it! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JivaniDD said:

Hello there! 

Yes ! I already register, I have a question when it says priority date? is this the day of the interview or the date printed in the USCIS approval letter? Or where can I find this date I am a little bit confuse with it! 

It is the priority date printed on your USCIS approval letter. Cheers

Hello A little update!

My spouse visa got approved and I received a message I can collect my visa from the delivery point that I chose. They said 7 days but actually it was 2.  The interview was very smooth , it was early in the morning of Wednesday and there were only 2 people in there. They cancelled my tourist visa and kept my passport. The agent was very nice same as the lady who screens everyone when they first arrive. I was expecting the worst , but it went very smoothly!  

Wishing everyone their best in their Visa Journey! Glad to help if any of you  have questions.

Cheeeers!!! 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, Angela & Dave said:

It is the priority date printed on your USCIS approval letter. Cheers

Thank you so much! Yes I submitted  this date!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 11:47 AM, JivaniDD said:

Hello Everyone. 

how long did you wait for the approval of the NVC documents?

Timeline
16 hours ago, JivaniDD said:

Hello A little update!

My spouse visa got approved and I received a message I can collect my visa from the delivery point that I chose. They said 7 days but actually it was 2.  The interview was very smooth , it was early in the morning of Wednesday and there were only 2 people in there. They cancelled my tourist visa and kept my passport. The agent was very nice same as the lady who screens everyone when they first arrive. I was expecting the worst , but it went very smoothly!  

Wishing everyone their best in their Visa Journey! Glad to help if any of you  have questions.

Cheeeers!!! 

Thank you so much! Yes I submitted  this date!

i have just collected my daughter’s passport with the immigration visa today. the agent told us that my daughter will automatically attain US citizenship when she lands US under the child citizenship act 2000 which is very nice. they will mail her certificate of citizenship within 2 weeks thereafter. she is under 18 years old. 

6 hours ago, Angela & Dave said:

they will mail her certificate of citizenship within 2 weeks thereafter.

I'd be very surprised if they actually mail you a certificate of citizenship just like that.  But if it does happen, please do let us know here.  Normally, a USC would only get their initial CoC after going through the N-600 process, regardless of how they acquired their citizenship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.