redpixie

Easy Countries For Fiance & Spouse Visas

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
A higher volume of applications means they need more staff and/or may get behind. I'm not equating time with difficulty in obtaining a visa. Waiting is diffucult but the OP had a context to their question and the context was scrutiny due to fraud and/or security risk.

Let's say a Consulate gets 10,000 K1 applications in a year and ends up sending back 1,000 because the relationship was entered into only (in their opinion) to derive an immigration benefit for the applicant. That's 10% fraud. Another country has 50,000 applications and sends back 2000 for fraud. The second country has twice as many fraud cases but the percentage is 4% compared to 10% for the first country. Now lets assume country two has five times the staff to take care of five times the applications. Which one is likely to process applications faster? More importantly, which set of Consular officers is going to be more focused on exposing fraud?

Now let's say a third country has the same application and fraud numbers as country two above but only half the staff. The focus on fraud will remain the same but since they have only half the staff, cases take longer from Consulate in to interview in country three than country two.

Anyway, the "difficulties" we are talking about is scrutiny due to fraud percentages and security risks, not waiting time.

OK, so now lets come full circle on this... does the above explain why from when NVC forwards petition to consulate interview date in Dominian Republic it takes maybe 18 mos? or in Guangzhou or Manila it might take 4-6 months?

Not completely but those are key factors. Certain countries have seen IV unit processed visa applications increase far more rapidly than their staff budget. Add fraud concerns and you add time. Add security concerns and you add time. It's impossible to know which factor is most important in the extra time but easy to conclude they all have significant impact.

There are other factors as well and we're/I'm not privy to them all. One is the difficulty of completing the actual name checks varies with the country as well.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Not completely but those are key factors. Certain countries have seen IV unit processed visa applications increase far more rapidly than their staff budget. Add fraud concerns and you add time. Add security concerns and you add time. It's impossible to know which factor is most important in the extra time but easy to conclude they all have significant impact.

There are other factors as well and we're/I'm not privy to them all. One is the difficulty of completing the actual name checks varies with the country as well.

OK but based on this one could conclude that there must be virtually zero concern from a security or fraud point of view in issuing posts such as Indonesia because it is reported that it is only 15 days from receipt to interview

YMMV

Timeline

OK but based on this one could conclude that there must be virtually zero concern from a security or fraud point of view in issuing posts such as Indonesia because it is reported that it is only 15 days from receipt to interview

I don't have enough information to conclude that. First, the number of days would vary depending on whether it is a K or CR/IR visa. I also don't know whether NVC's role is different for Indonesia or anything about their staff to applications ratio. Some security risk countries have short receipt to interview times but the visa issue is delayed for further security checks and/or additional administrative processing/review. The subject is scrutiny and the scrutiny continues until the visa is in hand.

Be careful not to conlude too much with too little data.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

-P,

It indicates that the percentage of fraudulent applications remains the same, which may or may not be true.

The point is, there is no relationship between number of applications and number or percentage of fraudulent applications. The numbers are what they are for each country.

Yodrak

-P,

A higher volume of applications might lead to a higher volume of fraudulent applications, but not to a higher percentage of fraudulent applications.

Yodrak

..... The higher volume of visa applications, would lead one to think that the %-age of fraud also increases...or at least the %-age of the possibility for fraud.

-P

Thanks Yodrak. Math was never my forte, sorry! But I do want to follow your statement up w/ a question. If higher volume of applications = higher volume of fraudulent applications, does that indicate anything, or can one deduce anything from that....w/ regards to the OP's question, and the subsequent discussion?

Timeline

Well said!!!!

Thus I think you need to follow your own advice, particularly when generalizing for example, which issuing posts or former groups of issuing posts may or not be in a certain classification.

YMMV

Timeline

Well said!!!!

Thus I think you need to follow your own advice, particularly when generalizing for example, which issuing posts or former groups of issuing posts may or not be in a certain classification.

We're having a discussion here. Do you have something to add?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Well said!!!!

Sure, I am just asking that you hold yourself to the same requested standard that you want for us... nothing more, nothing less...

Now, back to topic. Everything we have been discussing so far has been regarding "K" visas.. No reason to add another visa type this late in the discussion. In addition. to further the Indonesia scenario... it has been reported (by members) that approved visas are issued within a day or two of the interview. In addition, I have not read many instances of delays or denials (ie.. additional AP/AR).. so by eliminating those raised concerns from the equation, what if anything can you now conclude about the "scrutiny" a visa applicant receives at this post?

YMMV

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Sorry to go off the topic a little here. Pushbrk, which countries are considered "easy" countries?

I don't have a list but Canada and the UK (or the major European Union countries) are far easier than China and the Philippines, for instance. In general, it's the high fraud countries that are most difficult. That tends to include the third world and the middle east as well as the countries that were part of the USSR.

Please don't generalize.....

Thank You!

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Timeline

Well said!!!!

Sure, I am just asking that you hold yourself to the same requested standard that you want for us... nothing more, nothing less...

Now, back to topic. Everything we have been discussing so far has been regarding "K" visas.. No reason to add another visa type this late in the discussion. In addition. to further the Indonesia scenario... it has been reported (by members) that approved visas are issued within a day or two of the interview. In addition, I have not read many instances of delays or denials (ie.. additional AP/AR).. so by eliminating those raised concerns from the equation, what if anything can you now conclude about the "scrutiny" a visa applicant receives at this post?

I don't have enough information. When I draw conclusions, I do it based on all the information I have. I don't have enough information on the process in Indonesia.

Again, did you have something to add to the discussion. Do you have an opinion? Do you have a scenario to ask about. Or, do you just want to complain about the opinions of others?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

OK, so now lets come full circle on this... does the above explain why from when NVC forwards petition to consulate interview date in Dominian Republic it takes maybe 18 mos? or in Guangzhou or Manila it might take 4-6 months?

This is a staffing issue, not a fraud/security issue, IMO. The number of AP/ARs might be a better gauge of fraud potential.

Timeline

This is a staffing issue, not a fraud/security issue, IMO. The number of AP/ARs might be a better gauge of fraud potential.

The percentage would be more important than the number, but yes the percentage of AP/AR is another indicator. The problem is, we don't have a reliable sample of that data.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 1 month later...
I can generalize an answer also. Any country under the VWP would be the easiest, more difficult for the former eastern block countries, high fraud from countries like Russia and former satelites, P.I's Africa sub-sahara (nigeria), many counties of latin America and the Caribbean, and most difficult from Middle East and Arab countries where all kinds of background checks are required.

Remember, these are general statements and based upon my opinion, just like all of my answers.

There are many islands in the Caribbean, so please don't generalize. I am from the Caribbean and I felt I had a rather quick an easy processing thus far.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by texas_bunny

EAD

May 24th 2007: NOA 1 EAD

June 20th 2007 : Biometrics

July 30th 2007 : EAD card production ordered. day 68

August 2nd 2007: EAD card production ordered *again* day 71

August 8th 2007 : Approval notice mailed day 77

August 11th 2007: EAD card received in the mail (unable to use it to apply for SSN as the next day my AOS was approved and now EAD invalid)

AOS

May 24th 2007: NOA 1

June 20th 2007: Biometrics

June 29th 2007: AOS case trasfered to CSC

July 11th 2007: *touch*

July 30th 2007: *touch*

August 1st 2007: *touch*

August 12th 2007: Card production ordered

August 21st 2007: E-mail from CRIS-Approval notice sent

August 24th 2007: Card in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions

June 25, 2009: NOA

Sept 15, 2009 : Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

This is an interesting discussion :) . I really don’t have enough information in order to say anything considering this topic but my questions is; is it maybe that the most visa applications and with that also a lot of visa fraud comes from the countries with big population? For example I’m from Croatia where lives 4, 5 million people and I’ve found just few people from Croatia in this forum (they are all already in the States)? That would be my explanation why is there a lot of visa applications from some countries or?

K1 TIME LINE

05/21/2007 - I129F sent to VSC

05/25/2007 - NOA1

10/10/2007 touch (change of address)

10/11/2007 touch

10/12/2007 touch

10/15/2007 NOA2 (Approved)

10/18/2007 NVC received

11/02/2007 NVC left

11/06/2007 embassy received the petition

11/07/2007 package 3 & 4 sent out

11/08/2007 medical

11/26/2007 INTERVIEW

11/30/2007 US entry POE Washington DC

12/15/2007 Wedding

01/06/2008 AOS filed

01/14/2008 SSN received

01/12/2008 Drivers licens obtained:-)

02/05/2008 biometrics appointement

03/26/2008 approval notice for EAD

03/31/2008 another approval notice for EAD (confused)

04/04/2008 EAD received

04/09/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be getting my green card in the mail soon.

04/16/2008 AOS approval notice sent

04/16/2008 Green Card received!!!!!

dubrovnik.jpg

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
I can generalize an answer also. Any country under the VWP would be the easiest, more difficult for the former eastern block countries, high fraud from countries like Russia and former satelites, P.I's Africa sub-sahara (nigeria), many counties of latin America and the Caribbean, and most difficult from Middle East and Arab countries where all kinds of background checks are required.

Remember, these are general statements and based upon my opinion, just like all of my answers.

There are many islands in the Caribbean, so please don't generalize. I am from the Caribbean and I felt I had a rather quick an easy processing thus far.

Just my 2 cents

That is why I used the key words..."many"..which does not mean all countries in the Caribbean. Depends on where you are from.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.