Aaron&Clari

"Approved petition received" letter after interview scheduled

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello,

I booked my K-1 interview for London Embassy back on the 2nd of June to take place on the 1st of July.

However, on the 18th of June, I received a letter from London Embassy stating that they are in receipt of my approved petition in support of my K-1 visa application, and it gives the link for instructions on preparing and scheduling my appointment.

This is, apart from the date, the extact same letter I received back in February 2020, just before the Embassy closed due to the pandemic.

It may be because it's a default letter sent or something after the restarting the review of application processes, etc. and it's been such a long time and my application was automatically resumed or revived or whatever? Or it was sent in error and I shouldn't take too much notice (but I'll bring it along with me anyway)? Or, more concerning, is that this was sent instead of a confirmation letter for my appointment that I'm still awaiting to come through the post/e-mail inbox?

Has anyone else received a second such letter before? I've contacted the Embassy, but I'm yet to get a reply.

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 6:53 AM, Aaron&Clari said:

However, on the 18th of June, I received a letter from London Embassy stating that they are in receipt of my approved petition in support of my K-1 visa application, and it gives the link for instructions on preparing and scheduling my appointment.

I wouldn’t take any notice of the letter of instruction. You don’t need it to present to anybody. You fell into the covid gap when the embassy closed, so another was probably auto-generated to let you know to carry on now, even though you already did. I wouldn’t think it was a real person looking at your file. 

When you book an interview, there’s usually an instant confirmation to print. Go back into your account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv  and pick “Continue-Review and manage your existing Consular Immigrant Visa.” You should find something to print that shows interview and courier confirmation to take to your interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.