2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sk N said:

yes, Sept 2020 

If the scheduled your interview under 130 you have to go to your interview and show a vawa letter . They will hold on your 485 . Without vawa approval it’s impossible  to they make your interview under 360. 

10 minutes ago, Sk N said:

yes, Sept 2020 

If I get you correctly your previous interview date for your form i-485  was in oct 2020 and you file for vawa sep 2020, which means you file for vawa after your interview date and currently your i-485 still showing interview scheduled since 2020 that your lawyer write them to put it on hold?

Edited by Foto

Just now, Foto said:

your previous interview date for your for i-485  is oct 2020 and you file for vawa sep 2020, which means you file for vawa after your interview date and currently your i-485 still showing interview scheduled since 2020 that your lawyer write them to put it on hold?

noooo, so i never got interview date for i485 when i filled vawa uscis already knows about it but still they scheduled interview for i30 knowing i have vawa pending 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Normal processing time is up to 26 months per uscis website. Therefore 33 months is abnormal!

Yeah we had somebody from october 2019 being approved recently...I will never get my head around USCIS time processing as it's definitely unfair!

Can we still sue them ??

Filed: Other Timeline
11 minutes ago, Vawa&U said:

Can we still sue them ??

I'll suggest not to go that route. Use your congressperson/Senator to follow up. Mine took 40 months just for the VAWA approval and GC got approved subsequently.

Patience is necessary during the waiting game.

1 minute ago, Sk N said:

noooo, so i never got interview date for i485 when i filled vawa uscis already knows about it but still they scheduled interview for i30 knowing i have vawa pending 

OK now I get, i would say the reason why you received an interview after you filled for vawa was because they are processed in different locations, I think Vermont process vawa and the interview you got them is a normal thing, because you receive an interview before or after 6month when you file i-485, but if as of now your interview is still showing schedule then congratulations as if your interview as been canceled you should have get a notification or an update about it 

1 minute ago, Foto said:

OK now I get, i would say the reason why you received an interview after you filled for vawa was because they are processed in different locations, I think Vermont process vawa and the interview you got them is a normal thing, because you receive an interview before or after 6month when you file i-485, but if as of now your interview is still showing schedule then congratulations as if your interview as been canceled you should have get a notification or an update about it 

hoping this is my first and last interview and my ex dont show up :(

8 minutes ago, Foto said:

I have been hearing the word congress, pls how do you contact a congress in your state, is there a fee you have to pay to them before they can help you with your case?

google congress near you and then reach out to whoever responds you quick 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Congratulations! Happy for you! I’m confused bec I am a Sept 2018 filer at NYC too and got approved last July 2020 until now my I-485 is pending. Did you ask for Senator or Congressman help?

When did you file your I-485?

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

6 hours ago, Restez Forts said:

I think some cases are straightforward so they get approved quickly to get them out of the way. Then they take their time to deal with the "complicated cases".  Just my opinion.

I applied for 485, 131 and 765 September 29 last year and my 765 is out of normal processing time but I'm still waiting patiently.  

Mine was straightforward too and have no RFE’s  or any problems whatsoever. It is taking forever and I have no patience left. This is very disappointing 

3 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Normal processing time is up to 26 months per uscis website. Therefore 33 months is abnormal!

Yeah we had somebody from october 2019 being approved recently...I will never get my head around USCIS time processing as it's definitely unfair!

I totally agree about how USCIS is working out on cases

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.