Moxa1989

June 2021 AOS Filers

214 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Need urgent help! I am the US Citizen, - my husband is canadian and in the US currently on a TN-work visa. We just filed the i-130/AOS  concurrent package this past week to chicago lockbox on june 29. Received UPS delivery confirmation on june 30 but no receipt notice from USCIS. 

Realized we made one minor mistake. At the time of filing, I was an unemployed student so we had a joint sponsor complete the i-864 affidavit of support (my father/his father-in-law). But I see on the USCIS site it says even if you have a joint sponsor, the petitioner must still submit an i-864 along with whoever is the joint sponsor. Is there any way I can submit my i-864 now? I don’t want them to reject the whole thing because of this - should I submit the form now (late/separate from whole package) or wait til receipt from UCIS and then contact them about it?

Not sure how to proceed. Thanks in advance! 

36 minutes ago, Joe30 said:

Update:

received NOA in mail.

question: I did not get an RFE for the medical (left it out purposely). Is that consistent with what you have all seen? Do they send it a little bit later?

@Joe30 USCIS will send you a "notice of deficiency" for the I-693. It's more of a courtesy letter stating you did not send it and to please bring it to your interview when the time comes. Usually after that, your status changes to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and it remains at that step until your Field office has a slot available to interview. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

28 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Joe30 USCIS will send you a "notice of deficiency" for the I-693. It's more of a courtesy letter stating you did not send it and to please bring it to your interview when the time comes. Usually after that, your status changes to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and it remains at that step until your Field office has a slot available to interview. 

Would you know when they'd send that courtesy letter?

2 minutes ago, Joe30 said:

Would you know when they'd send that courtesy letter?

@Joe30 I used to have our AOS timeline but deleted it. We filed mid 03/2018. We got the I-693 courtesy letter sometime in mid April and by the end of April, the status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview". Then, our interview was on 05/2019. Again, there is no way to predict how quickly they will schedule your interview. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

3 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Joe30 I used to have our AOS timeline but deleted it. We filed mid 03/2018. We got the I-693 courtesy letter sometime in mid April and by the end of April, the status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview". Then, our interview was on 05/2019. Again, there is no way to predict how quickly they will schedule your interview. 

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Joe30 said:

Thank you

@Joe30 what is your field office? 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I submitted a cashier check with my package. No money has been taken out yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

06/07/2021 Package sent to Chicago lockbox via UPS

06/09/2021 Package delivered

06/22/2021 Text message receives with case number

06/28/2021 NOA received in mail

35 minutes ago, 2021 AOS filers said:

I submitted a cashier check with my package. No money has been taken out yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

06/28/2021 NOA received in mail

When you first created a cashier check at the bank, Money was already taken out of your account from the bank. You wouldn’t know when you cashier check will be cashed, unless you sent a personal check which actually reflects your bank account. Think of cashier check acting like a money order.

6 hours ago, Joe30 said:

Have any of you guys received NOA2? What is the usual seen timeline from NOA1 to NOA2? 

Joe, there's a better way to get a more accurate answer. The Processing Times and Immigration Timelines pages will display data provided by all members of VJ, not just people in this thread.

Take a look at the screenshots below. It's only a small preview of the data you can find if you explore the forums in depth.

imagen.png.e87a9e8282008c4243a73ac41f363a4f.png

imagen.png.501598c5f9b76dd5c8129df1307a0b39.png

imagen.png.6adfe7a03ead18dde114903553a1cf76.png

Edited by Adventine

On 7/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, SMBH said:

Hi, 

Need urgent help! I am the US Citizen, - my husband is canadian and in the US currently on a TN-work visa. We just filed the i-130/AOS  concurrent package this past week to chicago lockbox on june 29. Received UPS delivery confirmation on june 30 but no receipt notice from USCIS. 

Realized we made one minor mistake. At the time of filing, I was an unemployed student so we had a joint sponsor complete the i-864 affidavit of support (my father/his father-in-law). But I see on the USCIS site it says even if you have a joint sponsor, the petitioner must still submit an i-864 along with whoever is the joint sponsor. Is there any way I can submit my i-864 now? I don’t want them to reject the whole thing because of this - should I submit the form now (late/separate from whole package) or wait til receipt from UCIS and then contact them about it?

Not sure how to proceed. Thanks in advance! 

UPDATE: 

Mailed on June 29th

UPS delivery confirmation on June 30th

text confirmation from USCIS on July 12th

Should I reach out online about the missing I-864 I didn’t submit? I also read online that contacting USCIS prolongs your case so I’m just debating between whether I should be proactive about it or wait for them to send RFE. (Honestly ok with it taking a little longer, I’m just worried they might outright reject because one piece is missing)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.