Step29

Re-schedule Appointment [merged threads]

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, RO_AH said:

You really need to understand we are in the Covid era. Nothing is like it was before. Even getting an appointment nowadays is somewhat of a miracle. Being able to reschedule and even pick a date for your reschedule will be next to impossible. Posting a new thread and expecting different answers that your last thread will not change the reality of your situation. I really wish you the best of luck.

i will just wait for now the feedback of the embassy. anyhow, I mentioned my reason in my email so if they will give me a new schedule as per my request maybe am lucky. Its really difficult for me as I do not want to quit my job also until i have the visa..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Similar-themed threads are merged.  Please do NOT start new threads on existing topics.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• TBoneTX changed the title to Re-schedule Appointment [merged threads]
Timeline

Hello. I have seen in my ceac account that the dates are keep changing in the Case last Updated. Is this normal? Like I noticed it changed 3x.. I supposed to have my interview today but i request for re-scheduled for some reason.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Every time someone opens your case file the date will change.

Aha okay. today it is updated again July 2. I hope they can re-schedule me since I missed my interview supposedly by today.

Did they re-schedule you or did you request a reschedule?

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Step29 said:

Hello. I have seen in my ceac account that the dates are keep changing in the Case last Updated. Is this normal? Like I noticed it changed 3x.. I supposed to have my interview today but i request for re-scheduled for some reason.

They were probably preparing your file for the interview 

YMMV

Timeline
5 hours ago, Suze1 said:

Did they re-schedule you or did you request a reschedule?

I was expedited. They provided me a schedule but i wasnt able to attend coz I am overseas as OFW and could not get a ticket. now , I am requesting for a re-schedule. waiting for their feedback.

3 hours ago, payxibka said:

They were probably preparing your file for the interview 

i guess because supposedly it was my interview yesterday.

I see.

Seems to me you needed to file based on where you reside, not where you are from.

You need to interview in the country you are legally currently in, unless there is a reason (like they are not interviewing people).

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Suze1 said:

I see.

Seems to me you needed to file based on where you reside, not where you are from.

You need to interview in the country you are legally currently in, unless there is a reason (like they are not interviewing people).

Actually my case was assigned in riyadh since I'm working in jeddah. However m, my employment contract is about to end in a couple of months..so I decided to transfer to manila and requested for expedited. It was approved last month but I didn't expect they will gave me appointment after 2 weeks.. Many are saying a lot are in que. Very difficult to get a flight ticket from middle east..

I see. Bad timing.  Guessing about timing can always an issue.

So, what is your plan now?

I have no idea when they might reschedule you,  given the covid situation in Phils..

Follow the VJ Philippine Forum closely to see what is happening in Manila NCR.

You need to know where you are going to be, and BE THERE, right!

Did you explain to them the situation?

I wonder if they can/might/should re-schedule it for Saudi embassy. All depends on the timing, right!

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Suze1 said:

I see. Bad timing.  Guessing about timing can always an issue.

So, what is your plan now?

I have no idea when they might reschedule you,  given the covid situation in Phils..

Follow the VJ Philippine Forum closely to see what is happening in Manila NCR.

You need to know where you are going to be, and BE THERE, right!

Did you explain to them the situation?

I wonder if they can/might/should re-schedule it for Saudi embassy. All depends on the timing, right!

I already filed my vacation from August til Sept for 40 days. I l just get medical and right away once cleared, il try to request again. I have already explained too about my situation.. Since I am expedited and not too many cases for us in IW-1, maybe they can consider. Cross fingers. 

You have vacation, your contract is ending, etc...you have too many unknowns, given all the covid-impacts and travel considerations.

All I can say is - I would not play around with the Embassy too much..smile.

I think you need to know WHERE you are going to  be, WHERE you can be, and WHEN, and make plans on that basis.

You have a massive timing dependency.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Suze1 said:

You have vacation, your contract is ending, etc...you have too many unknowns, given all the covid-impacts and travel considerations.

All I can say is - I would not play around with the Embassy too much..smile.

I think you need to know WHERE you are going to  be, WHERE you can be, and WHEN, and make plans on that basis.

You have a massive timing dependency.

When I requested for expedite, I attached my contract that will expire in October. So it's a real reason not drama or playing with embassy. Why should I..

Yeah, real reason. Understood.

But you have too much guessing about place and timing.

You asked for expedition, and got it, and then did not show up.

When will the next appointment be? I have NO IDEA. Do YOU?

Do you pick the next interview date or do they?

You have a major timing and place issue.

I wish you well.

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.