Anne Kristina

AOS documents for a business partner

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My spouse owns a restaurant with a partner. Last year, because of COVID-19 and many investments made to the business, the business did not make profit and my spouse did not want to receive any salary.

This year, my spouse is able to take distribution of profits but doesn't have any pay slips.

1) Which AOS form we should use?

2) We have a person who can be a co-sponsor. We did not figure out yet if we can add him at this stage because the online page only shows my spouse's name. Can we add him now in the ceac website? 

Thank you in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Anne Kristina said:

My spouse owns a restaurant with a partner. Last year, because of COVID-19 and many investments made to the business, the business did not make profit and my spouse did not want to receive any salary.

This year, my spouse is able to take distribution of profits but doesn't have any pay slips.

1) Which AOS form we should use?

2) We have a person who can be a co-sponsor. We did not figure out yet if we can add him at this stage because the online page only shows my spouse's name. Can we add him now in the ceac website? 

Thank you in advance 

Your spouse is always the principal sponsor even if he doesn’t meet the I864 income requirements. He completes the I864 with all required documentation.

Your joint sponsor completes their own I864, again with all documentation. His documents are uploaded to CEAC along with your spouses. You don’t “add” his name anywhere 

26 minutes ago, Anne Kristina said:

Can we add him now in the ceac website?

Yes.  If you're sure about having a joint sponsor, I highly recommend you add their name to CEAC now.  Other VJ members have reported weeks-long delays in getting their sponsors' names reflected on CEAC because of a system issue.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Yes.  If you're sure about having a joint sponsor, I highly recommend you add their name to CEAC now.  Other VJ members have reported weeks-long delays in getting their sponsors' names reflected on CEAC because of a system issue.

Thanks so much. I just don't understand how I can add a name there.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Yes, I'm also confused about what you mean by "add their name..."

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

13 minutes ago, Anne Kristina said:

I just don't understand how I can add a name there.

After you log in to CEAC, on the "Summary Information" page, click the button to "Add Joint Sponsor".  After that, click the newly-generated link where you should upload the financial documents from your joint sponsor.  Note that it could take weeks for the new joint sponsor upload link to appear because of the CEAC system issue.

Edited by Chancy
clarification

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Chancy said:

After you log in to CEAC, on the "Summary Information" page, click the button to "Add Joint Sponsor".  After that, click the newly-generated link where you should upload the financial documents from your joint sponsor.  Note that it could take weeks for the new joint sponsor upload link to appear because of the CEAC system issue.

Thank you very much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.