sbarbie1914

Help Registering embassy appointment in Dominican Republic

10 posts in this topic

We finally got an embassy appointment.  We are trying to follow the instructions as provided in the email, following the link provided to prepare.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SDO-Santo-Domingo.html says Step 1:  Register your embassy appointment and submit fingerprints.  There is a link below this that says "register".  It takes you to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/ which is a screen filled with everything visa related for the Dominican Republic.  No where do I see "register embassy appointment".  I used the "live support" chat...what a joke.  No chat actually takes place.  You wait for eternity, then when your time comes, you leave a message and they contact you by email.  That email said "email rejected...fatal error".  

My husband and his children already had their medical exams, which all went well.  My husband has the phone number to schedule his fingerprints, so hopefully he will do that today.  It's just this registering the embassy appointment that is holding us up.  Anyone out there know how to do this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Step 1: Register your embassy appointment and submit fingerprints

at the bottom of this section it says register  / hit that button

best to you both

Edited by JeanneAdil

3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Step 1: Register your embassy appointment and submit fingerprints

at the bottom of this section it says register  / hit that button

best to you both

Already tried that...see original post

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sbarbie1914 said:

Already tried that...see original post

I did and under travel docs i found a place to schedule interview with the following instructions 

under schedule appointment and hitting that button and then going to bottom of page and hit schedule again

Sorry but many sites are not user friendly 

To schedule a visa interview or enter your visa delivery address, you will need to register and create a profile online. If you already have a profile, please do not create a new one. You can always modify your existing profile by logging in using your user ID and password. If you have lost your password, please simply retrieve it by clicking  Forgot Your Password? If you are a first time user, click New User? to create your profile.

23 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I did and under travel docs i found a place to schedule interview with the following instructions 

under schedule appointment and hitting that button and then going to bottom of page and hit schedule again

Sorry but many sites are not user friendly 

To schedule a visa interview or enter your visa delivery address, you will need to register and create a profile online. If you already have a profile, please do not create a new one. You can always modify your existing profile by logging in using your user ID and password. If you have lost your password, please simply retrieve it by clicking  Forgot Your Password? If you are a first time user, click New User? to create your profile.

There is a "schedule my appointment" under Nonimmigrant Visa Application

image.png.bcb1d4021af6c6d5b2b7af5533f41aa7.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, sbarbie1914 said:

We finally got an embassy appointment.  We are trying to follow the instructions as provided in the email, following the link provided to prepare.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SDO-Santo-Domingo.html says Step 1:  Register your embassy appointment and submit fingerprints.  There is a link below this that says "register".  It takes you to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/ which is a screen filled with everything visa related for the Dominican Republic.  No where do I see "register embassy appointment".  I used the "live support" chat...what a joke.  No chat actually takes place.  You wait for eternity, then when your time comes, you leave a message and they contact you by email.  That email said "email rejected...fatal error".  

My husband and his children already had their medical exams, which all went well.  My husband has the phone number to schedule his fingerprints, so hopefully he will do that today.  It's just this registering the embassy appointment that is holding us up.  Anyone out there know how to do this?

You just have to a bit proactive and look into a bit more detail. Yours is immigrant visa case so looks for immigrant visas on that page. On the link you posted    https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/ , look toward the bottom left, Click on "immigrant visa information", it will lead to a page. Read the last paragraph thereafter with the content below.

U.S. Embassy Appointment

Immigrant Visa applicants who have been notified by the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Consular Section and K visa (fiancé/fiancée) that their case is ready for interview should go here to create a profile and schedule an appointment to visit the Visa Application  Center (VAC) in the 10-day period prior to your interview at the U.S. Embassy

Before your appointment at the U.S. Embassy, you will need to gather the required documents; including the medical exam, police certificate, and birth and marriage certificates. Please bring your appointment letter and plan to arrive no more than 15 minutes your appointment time. Please read about security restrictions at the U.S. Embassy that describes what you can and cannot bring with you to your interview. 

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

I created a profile, selected immigrant visa, selected location to pick up visas...

image.png.b308ece5c6fa2e089a55b4ee87a61c01.png

I will keep trying.  Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, sbarbie1914 said:

I created a profile, selected immigrant visa, selected location to pick up visas...

image.png.b308ece5c6fa2e089a55b4ee87a61c01.png

I will keep trying.  Thanks for your help

Hello. The Dominican Republic isn’t allowing anyone to schedule their own appointment. I believe before the pandemic that was something that could be done but now they are assigning interviews for you. You should receive an email from them at some point with your interview date.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

11 months...DQ in July of 2020 and in early June 2021 we received an interview date of June 23, 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.