chronotrigger3783

Making copies of documents...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey, everyone!

I've got a bit of a redundant question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm currently making copies of all my documents (birth cirtificate, travel iteneraries, passport, etc.) for submission of the I-129F on Saturday (hopefully). Um, will the USCIS accept copies made by a scanner and printer, or will I have to take my stuff to some sort of copy place (IE Kinkos)?

Thanks in advance.

i did all mine from my house...things that were color (passports, etc) i made color copies, and black and white ones i did black and white...its up to you tho

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hey, everyone!

I've got a bit of a redundant question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm currently making copies of all my documents (birth cirtificate, travel iteneraries, passport, etc.) for submission of the I-129F on Saturday (hopefully). Um, will the USCIS accept copies made by a scanner and printer, or will I have to take my stuff to some sort of copy place (IE Kinkos)?

Thanks in advance.

I just wanted to add something so you can be prepared because I wasn't. When you get the checklist of documents to bring to the K-1 interview, make sure you make copies of all of those too. Some things they will keep and you may need it in the future. They do usually have copy machines in there but you have to pay to use them. For me it was like 25 cents for each copy I made and I brought no money with me! Thankfully there were 3 couples who I hung out with while we were waiting in the lobby and they all spared me the change.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did all my copies at home too :)

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We scanned and copied ours from a local internet cafe as we don't have a working printer right now. No problems, so far as we know!

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
We scanned and copied ours from a local internet cafe as we don't have a working printer right now. No problems, so far as we know!

They want "true photo copies". All a photocopier is, is a scanner and printer that operate together without creating a saveable electronic file. The paper result is exactly the same.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I put my entire package together at home and then i went into staples and copied it page by page slowing turning each one to keep it in order. then i had an exact, in-order replica of my package. then i walked right over to the post office and mailed it. at staples i used their regular black and white machine and it was only 9 cents a copy. the machines even accept your credit or debit card.

the weird thing was that when i copied my Birth certificate it said right on the back "if this is photocopied VOID will appear" but when i copied it, no such thing happened.

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.