tiantian2

I-751 June 2021 filers?

468 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Hi guys, just got an update on my I-751.  It says that my case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction.  I am currently waiting for my notice in the mail.  Just wondering if anyone else experienced this or heard of it before and what is the meaning of this?  I was looking it up online and there were mixed answers.  Hope someone is able to give me some advice.  *crossing fingers* hoping it’s not a negative thing.  

Cases are transferred to less backlogged centers to make the process "faster" or to schedule an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Did you move to another state or city? Did you file N-400? Any of those events can trigger this.

I did not.  

4 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Cases are transferred to less backlogged centers to make the process "faster" or to schedule an interview.

Oh okay.  I guess I’ll wait for the notice and follow the instructions.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, tiantian2 said:

Hi, I just received an RFE for my ROC. Is this common? Certainly wasn't expecting this so I'm a little concerned. Thanks in advance for your input!

It is normal if they feel you did not send enough evidence or there is something missing. 

What does it say exactly? 

Just now, Allaboutwaiting said:

It is normal if they feel you did not send enough evidence or there is something missing. 

What does it say exactly? 

Provided a detailed list of what I already submitted for ROC (I guess they typed it in?) , and then a general list of evidence that I should supplement. 

My guess is that we did not comingle our finances that much as the list has a comment that our bank statements show "minimal activity". sigh. 

8 minutes ago, tiantian2 said:

Provided a detailed list of what I already submitted for ROC (I guess they typed it in?) , and then a general list of evidence that I should supplement. 

My guess is that we did not comingle our finances that much as the list has a comment that our bank statements show "minimal activity". sigh. 

If you cannot provide evidence beyond what you already sent, respond with a letter explaining why. 

Just now, Allaboutwaiting said:

If you cannot provide evidence beyond what you already sent, respond with a letter explaining why. 

Our financials are still not much comingled other than having a joint account (used less) amidst several of our individual accounts (used more). (We both been working long time before marriage and have been sharing living expenses out of habit from each's individual accounts). We didn't mingle finances much partly due to habit and partly because we both are taking care of our parents respectively and it's just easier to keep the finaces somewhat separate. Any advice on how to frame this? 

We did just had a baby. (thank god!)

1 minute ago, tiantian2 said:

Our financials are still not much comingled other than having a joint account (used less) amidst several of our individual accounts (used more). (We both been working long time before marriage and have been sharing living expenses out of habit from each's individual accounts). We didn't mingle finances much partly due to habit and partly because we both are taking care of our parents respectively and it's just easier to keep the finaces somewhat separate. Any advice on how to frame this? 

We did just had a baby. (thank god!)

Hahaha, good timing!

So include the baby's birth certificate. 

And exactly what you typed now could be in the letter. 

Also you can send the bills each pays from those individual accounts. 

Guess you already sent tax returns, health insurance, mortgage or lease, car insurance, life insurance with each other as beneficiary, etc.

1 minute ago, tiantian2 said:

I havne't been here long enough that I forgot what the best way to ship the documents would be. Is UPS second day air fine? I remember when I first filed there was some discussion about not using one of the carriers (USPS?) but I forgot why. If anyone knows or have any tips, please let me know! Thanks!

We've always used USPS with tracking and signature. It is cheaper and we've had no issues so far with delivery. 

On 4/2/2023 at 10:56 PM, tiantian2 said:

What sort of other evidence did you provide?

Seems a bit of a stretch to RFE bank accounts these days given most people like to just have their own finances instead of joining them.  

39 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

Seems a bit of a stretch to RFE bank accounts these days given most people like to just have their own finances instead of joining them.  

In USCIS eyes, joint accounts and other joint assets are exactly things they're expecting from petitioner as proof of bonafide marriage. Not merging finances is one of the fraud indicators on their list.

Reasons why married people merge their finances:

- Percentage of their salary goes towards housing costs (rent or mortgage)

- Percentage of their salary goes towards bills (gas, internet, phone, baby care)

- Percentage of their salary goes towards savings for house downpayment

Edited by OldUser

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

In USCIS eyes, joint accounts and other joint assets are exactly things they're expecting from petitioner as proof of bonafide marriage. Not merging finances is one of the fraud indicators on their list.

Oh I am aware of this; I am just saying it’s a shame they are so hell bent on certain things like this. None of my married family or friends have a joint bank account yet seem to be getting by and are married happily. Anyways, plenty of folks get approved without joint accounts. It appears to come down to whoever the officer is on the day they look at your case I suspect. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.