Sarismercadouribe

Arrest during NVC process (merged)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarismercadouribe said:

Yeah all submitted

Then get an up to date police report just before the interview.  Submit it only if asked.  Answer all interview questions carefully and accurately.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,  I recently filed for I-130 and got approved (now just waiting for the interview). Right after we finished our last documents at the NVC my husband got charged with uttering threats and is waitinf for a pre-trial happening in Dec. As you all know this process is already really stressful now even more with these pending charges. I have a few questions:

- Can he still travel to the US? or should he avoid this completely

- Do we apply for a waiver before the interview?

- If we get our interview date before the pending case in Canada is settled, what do we do?

Any information will help

• Ontarkie changed the title to Arrest during NVC process (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Additional questions merged. Please do not start more than one thread for the same or related topic~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarismercadouribe said:

Hi guys,  I recently filed for I-130 and got approved (now just waiting for the interview). Right after we finished our last documents at the NVC my husband got charged with uttering threats and is waitinf for a pre-trial happening in Dec. As you all know this process is already really stressful now even more with these pending charges. I have a few questions:

- Can he still travel to the US? or should he avoid this completely

- Do we apply for a waiver before the interview?

- If we get our interview date before the pending case in Canada is settled, what do we do?

Any information will help

Your question has already been thoroughly discussed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

19 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Your question has already been thoroughly discussed.

Do you know if he can travel while he has pending charges? or should he avoid that until his case in Canada is settled?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarismercadouribe said:

Do you know if he can travel while he has pending charges? or should he avoid that until his case in Canada is settled?

That's not a US immigration question.  It's a question for his lawyer.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

19 hours ago, pushbrk said:

That's not a US immigration question.  It's a question for his lawyer.

Ok will ask the lawyer! thank you so much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don’t know how I’m gonna react if my neighbor try to intimidate me or uttering me. Call the police or surrender.your neighbor wasn’t crazy.. was wise enough to call the police for his safety. Your husband make a big mistake. You have to accept the reality. If your case made to  the US embassy. And hope for the best. There s another background check . You have a serious situation. You gonna need a good lawyer. That’s the answer you should be answered.

• 2 months later...

So my husband still has pending charges, he might face probation for a year and NOW we got an interview letter for January. Should he still attend the interview if he is put on probation? or should we keep re scheduling until he is off everything (which would make the most sense) but now he will have criminal record.

if anyone here has a spouse with uttering threat charges, i would appreciate some information.....

On 5/30/2021 at 4:24 AM, Sarismercadouribe said:

he got charged with an “ "Uttering threat” I dont  think he will be convicted but thats the charge. 

26 minutes ago, Sarismercadouribe said:

So my husband still has pending charges, he might face probation for a year and NOW we got an interview letter for January. Should he still attend the interview if he is put on probation? or should we keep re scheduling until he is off everything (which would make the most sense) but now he will have criminal record.

if anyone here has a spouse with uttering threat charges, i would appreciate some information.....

http://www.borderimmigrationlawyer.com/home/2014/11/11/do-i-need-a-waiver-to-enter-the-united-states.html

A post asking if a person is allowed to enter the States after being charged and convicted of "uttering threats". 

I would personally go to the interview, be completely honest and see what happens. There was a thread a few months back where Canadians cancelled their first interview and waited many months to be scheduled for the second interview. If you cancel the first interview, you might just be put at the back of the line at Montreal. 

23 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

http://www.borderimmigrationlawyer.com/home/2014/11/11/do-i-need-a-waiver-to-enter-the-united-states.html

A post asking if a person is allowed to enter the States after being charged and convicted of "uttering threats". 

I would personally go to the interview, be completely honest and see what happens. There was a thread a few months back where Canadians cancelled their first interview and waited many months to be scheduled for the second interview. If you cancel the first interview, you might just be put at the back of the line at Montreal. 

Lordy... thank you for letting me know

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, Sarismercadouribe said:

Lordy... thank you for letting me know

I actually started this post 🙂. Yes, it’s been taking months to reschedule. In regards to your questions, the wise thing to do would be to seek advise of an experienced immigration lawyer.

On 12/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, YYZ&MIA said:

I actually started this post 🙂. Yes, it’s been taking months to reschedule. In regards to your questions, the wise thing to do would be to seek advise of an experienced immigration lawyer.

Thank you, we are meeting with our lawyer tomorrow. How did you reschedule? I can't find a link or anywhere where it even gives me the option to.

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.