DAVID K

AFTER IR-1 INTERVIEW: almost 2month still waiting for my visa to be issued

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, DAVID K said:

4 years ago, I was refused entry and handed a 5years Ban  which will end December 2021.
I had my IR-1" visa interview March 24th 2021. Every question went well  After the interview the CO told me she'll keep my Passport but will not approve my visa now, in the next 3-4 days decision will be made concerning it. She handed me Form 221G ( i was expecting the CO to ask me to fill form 212) and another paper showing my right in US.
Still have not heard from the Embassy. My application was updated  on the 26th March, 9th of April, 19th and May 17th 2021. I was expecting My status change to "Administrative process" or "Refused" but still showing "Ready" for interview Up till date.
I have called( I was asked to hold on) and send the Embassy message but no reply.
My wife called NVC last month NVC told her that Lagos Consular ask them to send some documents to them which have been forwarded to them.
Please i just want to know if someone have been through this route. What steps should I take. Thanks

20210426_172819.jpg

20210426_172657.jpg

20210521_165346.jpg

20210521_161307.jpg

Hello David. Any updates on your case? Did you get your visa yet? I’m in a very similar situation with status “Ready”. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, kmlcbi61 said:

Hello David. Any updates on your case? Did you get your visa yet? I’m in a very similar situation with status “Ready”. 

I am currently in US now with my family. Embassy asked me to submit my passport, new medical report  and 2020 tax return from my wife which i did in January 2022. The embassy held my passport till the Ban expire in April 2022. My visa was issued in May 2022. I think you have to wait for the Ban to elapse. Once the ban is over your visa will surely be issue. Just hold on and have faith. 

Timeline
On 8/7/2022 at 8:39 AM, Unknown4 said:

I bro does your visa later issued? Kindly get back to me

Yes. It was issued in May 2022. Am in US with my family

Timeline
7 hours ago, DAVID K said:

I am currently in US now with my family. Embassy asked me to submit my passport, new medical report  and 2020 tax return from my wife which i did in January 2022. The embassy held my passport till the Ban expire in April 2022. My visa was issued in May 2022. I think you have to wait for the Ban to elapse. Once the ban is over your visa will surely be issue. Just hold on and have faith. 

Thanks for the response. At any point did the embassy tell you that they are waiting for the ban to be over? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, kmlcbi61 said:

Thanks for the response. At any point did the embassy tell you that they are waiting for the ban to be over? 

Yes. My wife call the embassy. She was told that the Ban is still active. You just have to wait. When is your ban going to expire.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DAVID K said:

Yes. My wife call the embassy. She was told that the Ban is still active. You just have to wait. When is your ban going to expire.

I see. I overstayed on F1 visa so I don’t really  know if I have a bar since my I-94 was D/S, but if there is one it will expire in 2 years since I left the US 8 years ago. Embassy never told me that I had a bar or anything. My interview was on 1st of June, CO told me that everything looks good but there will be an AP. My case updated 10 times since then, but it still shows ready. I hope I won’t have to wait 2 more years 🤞🏻

• 5 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, Jozigal said:

i got lawyers and did the waiver ect but in the end I had to wait till my ban was over. I also got the 221g and was under AP from Aug 2018 until Jan 2020. my ban was over in march 2020 the reason for the ban was not for any misrepresentation or crimes or an overstay but because my sevis was out of status, i justed needed to get home and renew it . the issue was that i couldnt pay the $3000 for my flight home and it wouldve meant days in that holding cell waiting for the money wire which in hindsight i should have done happily but alas it was too traumatic and i decided to just come home not really realising the consequences. so the us gov paid for my flight, once you cost the gov any money you get the ban. They wont let you get the visa until the ban is over and even now it still isnt as easy as it was before. I just went for an interview for finish my degree (f1) and was told a decision was not made but i was not given the AP 221g this time. He just kept my passport and said to wait. so yeah... live your life and try again after the ban. 

ETA: I did request my passport back after about 6 months (mid 2019) because i needed to travel to Ireland and the Egypt (had no issues entering both countries despite the ban but i have been refused Australia) any way they give your passport back without hassle. Its just an email.

How do you know about the flight? I am in the same situation no misrep, but inadeqaute documentatin and 5year bar with my b1/b2 revoked. My fiance and i applied for k1 and waiting for interview. Our lawyer will file 212 depending of the outcome of my interview. I was expedited removed. And withdraw my entry to US. My return flight was same airline i came to us. (Rebooked) They asked me to if i want the next available flight. I say to just wait for the return flight on my ticket (rebooked) idk if the US government paid for that. I am aware that we have to file a 212 consent to reapply (CTR)  or maybe 221g slip will be issued. Now this worries me. Another long wait for the whole process.

Edited by Samtel
Spelling and added text

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/7/2021 at 9:46 AM, Jozigal said:

i got lawyers and did the waiver ect but in the end I had to wait till my ban was over. I also got the 221g and was under AP from Aug 2018 until Jan 2020. my ban was over in march 2020 the reason for the ban was not for any misrepresentation or crimes or an overstay but because my sevis was out of status, i justed needed to get home and renew it . the issue was that i couldnt pay the $3000 for my flight home and it wouldve meant days in that holding cell waiting for the money wire which in hindsight i should have done happily but alas it was too traumatic and i decided to just come home not really realising the consequences. so the us gov paid for my flight, once you cost the gov any money you get the ban. They wont let you get the visa until the ban is over and even now it still isnt as easy as it was before. I just went for an interview for finish my degree (f1) and was told a decision was not made but i was not given the AP 221g this time. He just kept my passport and said to wait. so yeah... live your life and try again after the ban. 

ETA: I did request my passport back after about 6 months (mid 2019) because i needed to travel to Ireland and the Egypt (had no issues entering both countries despite the ban but i have been refused Australia) any way they give your passport back without hassle. Its just an email.

Hello! May I ask , what was the outcome of the waiver? You mentioned you did the waiver, but in the end had to wait for the ban to be over. Was the ban over before the waiver was processed or was it denied and that's why you had to wait? 

Thank you so much! 

• 5 months later...
Timeline
On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 PM, DAVID K said:

Hi David. I know this post is old and you have received your visa. Congratulations! I was wondering, were you asked to fill out the form DS-5535 while you were waiting for your ban to expire? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.