DAVID K

AFTER IR-1 INTERVIEW: almost 2month still waiting for my visa to be issued

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

4 years ago, I was refused entry and handed a 5years Ban  which will end December 2021.
I had my IR-1" visa interview March 24th 2021. Every question went well  After the interview the CO told me she'll keep my Passport but will not approve my visa now, in the next 3-4 days decision will be made concerning it. She handed me Form 221G ( i was expecting the CO to ask me to fill form 212) and another paper showing my right in US.
Still have not heard from the Embassy. My application was updated  on the 26th March, 9th of April, 19th and May 17th 2021. I was expecting My status change to "Administrative process" or "Refused" but still showing "Ready" for interview Up till date.
I have called( I was asked to hold on) and send the Embassy message but no reply.
My wife called NVC last month NVC told her that Lagos Consular ask them to send some documents to them which have been forwarded to them.
Please i just want to know if someone have been through this route. What steps should I take. Thanks

20210426_172819.jpg

20210426_172657.jpg

20210521_165346.jpg

20210521_161307.jpg

Hi there,

im currently in a similar situation. My husband had his interview in Guatemala on March 25th they issued us a yellow 221G form which indicated us to send all documents w/ passport to embassy. The last case update was May 10th. And we have messaged the embassy and al they tell us is that our case is under AP we have to wait patiently. But I have heard that when they keep your passport there is a higher chance of getting approved. Best of luck to you! 

14 hours ago, DAVID K said:

4 years ago, I was refused entry and handed a 5years Ban  which will end December 2021.
I had my IR-1" visa interview March 24th 2021. Every question went well  After the interview the CO told me she'll keep my Passport but will not approve my visa now, in the next 3-4 days decision will be made concerning it. She handed me Form 221G ( i was expecting the CO to ask me to fill form 212) and another paper showing my right in US.
Still have not heard from the Embassy. My application was updated  on the 26th March, 9th of April, 19th and May 17th 2021. I was expecting My status change to "Administrative process" or "Refused" but still showing "Ready" for interview Up till date.
I have called( I was asked to hold on) and send the Embassy message but no reply.
My wife called NVC last month NVC told her that Lagos Consular ask them to send some documents to them which have been forwarded to them.
Please i just want to know if someone have been through this route. What steps should I take. Thanks

20210426_172819.jpg

20210426_172657.jpg

20210521_165346.jpg

20210521_161307.jpg

If you have a 5 year ban, how can you expect to receive a visa before the ban is over, without a waiver?

Timeline
9 hours ago, jjrobles2913 said:

Hi there,

im currently in a similar situation. My husband had his interview in Guatemala on March 25th they issued us a yellow 221G form which indicated us to send all documents w/ passport to embassy. The last case update was May 10th. And we have messaged the embassy and al they tell us is that our case is under AP we have to wait patiently. But I have heard that when they keep your passport there is a higher chance of getting approved. Best of luck to you! 

Thanks. Did your husband case status change to Administrative Process. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

If you have a 5 year ban, how can you expect to receive a visa before the ban is over, without a waiver?

I was not asked to fill a waiver by the CO. I was really expecting her (CO) to asked me to go summit form 212 or 601. I have less than 9month for the ban to be Over. I was expecting my status to have change to AP or Refused.

8 hours ago, DAVID K said:

I was not asked to fill a waiver by the CO. I was really expecting her (CO) to asked me to go summit form 212 or 601. I have less than 9month for the ban to be Over. I was expecting my status to have change to AP or Refused.

If you have been found inadmissible due to misrepresentation, you will not be getting a visa for the duration of the ban without a a waiver.

Timeline
On 5/22/2021 at 6:37 PM, Jorgedig said:

If you have been found inadmissible due to misrepresentation, you will not be getting a visa for the duration of the ban without a a waiver.

Okay. That means I have to wait till the visa ban is over and my passport will still be with the embassy.

Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, jjrobles2913 said:

Hi there,

In the same position with multiple date changes but still showing Ready...we are reaffirmation case that has been reapproved...Lagos has everything they recently requested including his passport since May 5th....just not understanding the delay. Our pd is July 2018..so am pretty tired at this point.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ifemi4835 said:

In the same position with multiple date changes but still showing Ready...we are reaffirmation case that has been reapproved...Lagos has everything they recently requested including his passport since May 5th....just not understanding the delay. Our pd is July 2018..so am pretty tired at this point.

Just keep hope alive. Lagos is kind of slow in processing visa this period. A friend got his visa last week after weeks of waiting for his visa to be issued. 

I still don't understand why applicant Case Status keep showing 'Ready' for interview after interview. I hope everything work out fine.

Timeline
3 hours ago, DAVID K said:

Just keep hope alive. Lagos is kind of slow in processing visa this period. A friend got his visa last week after weeks of waiting for his visa to be issued. 

I still don't understand why applicant Case Status keep showing 'Ready' for interview after interview. I hope everything work out fine.

Thank you David, will remain hopeful!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Ifemi4835 said:

Thank you David, will remain hopeful!

You are welcome. Please kindly update me on any developments on your case. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 5/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, DAVID K said:

Okay. That means I have to wait till the visa ban is over and my passport will still be with the embassy.

i got lawyers and did the waiver ect but in the end I had to wait till my ban was over. I also got the 221g and was under AP from Aug 2018 until Jan 2020. my ban was over in march 2020 the reason for the ban was not for any misrepresentation or crimes or an overstay but because my sevis was out of status, i justed needed to get home and renew it . the issue was that i couldnt pay the $3000 for my flight home and it wouldve meant days in that holding cell waiting for the money wire which in hindsight i should have done happily but alas it was too traumatic and i decided to just come home not really realising the consequences. so the us gov paid for my flight, once you cost the gov any money you get the ban. They wont let you get the visa until the ban is over and even now it still isnt as easy as it was before. I just went for an interview for finish my degree (f1) and was told a decision was not made but i was not given the AP 221g this time. He just kept my passport and said to wait. so yeah... live your life and try again after the ban. 

ETA: I did request my passport back after about 6 months (mid 2019) because i needed to travel to Ireland and the Egypt (had no issues entering both countries despite the ban but i have been refused Australia) any way they give your passport back without hassle. Its just an email.

Edited by Jozigal

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.